FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Firmware][Unofficial][ODIN]S4 DevEd[boot/recovery/radio/modem][MDK-MJ7-MK2-NC5]

30th December 2014, 07:42 PM |#101  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Milford, NJ
Thanks Meter: 186

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDAZZG1

No problem on the delay, it is the holidays. Thank you very much for the reply and the info. I don't think my device will come back by any other means than JTAG. I can't use ODIN because it won't even boot into download mode. I do believe though, that if I can JTAG the correct files to the tz partition, the chain of trust will be restored and device will boot at least the bootloader. From there I can ODIN usable firmware. I have acquired the tz.mbn file from a consumer device on MDK but if you have it available from the Dev Ed MDK I would feel more confident in the restoration of my device.

Edit: The MDK PIT file could also be beneficial to my quest. Thanks!

Merry Christmas! Hope this helps! https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1430zr036...5SFdn_yUa?dl=0

4th April 2015, 04:13 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
GPS Issue
UI knew at some point I would be back here asking for help. Been playing around with a few of the ROMS that are out there for the S4 Dev. I'm on MDK and so far have been able to flash pretty much all but one of them. I'm not sure if it was one of the ROMS I flashed but last week the GPS quit working in my apps. When I start Strava or Map My Run, the GPS never locks in. I discovered this after running nearly 5 miles one day. The app said it needed more distance to register a run. I've restored back to my base version but still have the issue. I've downloaded GPS Test and it does not lock on any Satellites. It sees 20-23 of them depending on where I am when I test but never locks on. If I open Maps and choose the location button, it takes me to my location, but if I start a navigation it will plot a route but then tell me "gps signal lost. Any ideas on how to get that function back assuming it is not a hardware issue?
I flashed the boot, modem and radio back to base and got my GPS back.
Last edited by cawaller; 6th April 2015 at 02:43 AM. Reason: UPDATE
9th April 2015, 09:23 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Can i or anyone flash back to MDK?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
developer, edition, i545oyuamdk, i545oyuemj7, i545oyuemk2
Previous Thread Next Thread