FORUMS

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

[ROOT][HOW TO] Install Google Play Store

236 posts
Thanks Meter: 132
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th April 2015, 02:22 PM |#161  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky646260

Hi! I had the Couldn't sign in issue too and finally resolved it by going to my Google account security settings, then to App passwords. Using the 'Select app' drop-down menu I selected 'Other' and typed in 'Google Play on KFHDX' and hit generate. It will give you a password to sign in with instead of the one you had been trying and should work as expected from there.

This info should be included on the OP, so that new people to this (like me) know how to resolve the issue quickly.
 
 
5th April 2015, 02:39 PM |#162  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 281
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwinn8

This info should be included on the OP, so that new people to this (like me) know how to resolve the issue quickly.

Curious if this a problem/solution only for those using two factor authentication or have enabled enhanced security in their Google account settings. I do both which can be a minor PiTA at times but necessary imo. Please, no debates on security here...start another thread or contribute to one of the 8 billion already out there
9th April 2015, 10:29 PM |#163  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Curious if this a problem/solution only for those using two factor authentication or have enabled enhanced security in their Google account settings. I do both which can be a minor PiTA at times but necessary imo. Please, no debates on security here...start another thread or contribute to one of the 8 billion already out there

I used 2-factor, which is what I believe caused the issue. What is the "enhanced security" that you enabled? I don't see it in my Google Account settings? Anytime I search for "Enhanced Security" all I get are links to the 2-factor setup...
9th April 2015, 10:41 PM |#164  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 281
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwinn8

I used 2-factor, which is what I believe caused the issue. What is the "enhanced security" that you enabled? I don't see it in my Google Account settings? Anytime I search for "Enhanced Security" all I get are links to the 2-factor setup...

If you do NOT have multi factor enabled there is an option titled 'Access for less secure apps' with a simple on/off toggle. On the settings panel it occupies the spot just below '2-step verification' when this option is disabled. Changes to 'App passwords' when 2-step is enabled.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes