FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

[ROM][AOSP] S4 Google Edition [SafeStrap]

57 posts
Thanks Meter: 132

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
9th April 2015, 04:02 AM |#751  
OP Member
Flag Sunnyvale

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyaNov1333

So now that the Lollipop rollout for the S4 on AT&T has begun, can we expect this ROM to be updated so that we can get the full AOSP experience?

I'm taking a look at what's available. So far the most straightforward upgrade methods haven't worked despite the newer kernel. I'm now trying to rebuild the rom from scratch, so don't be surprised if the upgrade requires a factory reset. There's no telling that this'll even work at all with lollipop.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmsq For This Useful Post: [ View ]

9th April 2015, 04:55 AM |#752  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsq

I'm taking a look at what's available. So far the most straightforward upgrade methods haven't worked despite the newer kernel. I'm now trying to rebuild the rom from scratch, so don't be surprised if the upgrade requires a factory reset. There's no telling that this'll even work at all with lollipop.

Hey that's great to hear regardless! I'm glad you're looking into this for all of us. If you need help with anything let me know, I have a Verizon S4 running the ROM you made for 4.4.4, so I'm unsure if it'll help any with what you're doing with the AT&T S4, but if you can think of anything don't hesitate to ask me!
9th April 2015, 07:14 AM |#753  
OP Member
Flag Sunnyvale

Donate to Me
More
Not looking good, none of the methods I've tried so far have even given me a boot animation
9th April 2015, 07:38 PM |#754  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

Not looking good, none of the methods I've tried so far have even given me a boot animation

That's a bummer to hear so far, but I'm staying hopeful! You were able to do it once before, so I wouldn't be surprised if you pulled some magic out of your sleeve for this one!
10th April 2015, 02:18 AM |#755  
Flag St. Augustine, FL
Thanks Meter: 431

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Due to the way that Lollipop boots, I would bet that the aboot for lollipop is necessary...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread