FORUMS

Can the Google Play Edition S4 run Touchwiz Based Roms?

688 posts
Thanks Meter: 115

By tanner4137, Senior Member on 1st February 2014, 07:17 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello!

I am in need of a bit of help, after searching through the forums I haven't been able to find a definite answer. I recently purchased a Google Play Edition of the Galaxy S4. What I know is that it isn't using a Samsung bootloader, but in fact a Google one you would find on say, the Nexus 4. This has led me to wonder if this means I can't flash Touchwiz based ROMs. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

2nd February 2014, 01:53 AM |#2  
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 167

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner4137

Hello!

I am in need of a bit of help, after searching through the forums I haven't been able to find a definite answer. I recently purchased a Google Play Edition of the Galaxy S4. What I know is that it isn't using a Samsung bootloader, but in fact a Google one you would find on say, the Nexus 4. This has led me to wonder if this means I can't flash Touchwiz based ROMs. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

i dont see why not, my att s4 can run 9505 roms, aosp roms and google play edition roms
2nd February 2014, 02:27 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 685

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner4137

Hello!

You can, you will just need to flash a Touchwiz kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2015, 10:29 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9

You can, you will just need to flash a Touchwiz kernel.

Where would you find a Touchwiz kernel? Looking to put my GT-I9505 back onto Touchwiz. It is running a GPE rom just now.
11th April 2015, 02:50 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 685

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordannomonkeys

Where would you find a Touchwiz kernel? Looking to put my GT-I9505 back onto Touchwiz. It is running a GPE rom just now.

Go check out the I9505's own development section for any threads marked Kernel.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread