CyanogenMod 12.1 for YU Yureka

YU Yureka recently received an official Cyanogen OS 12S update. If you prefer to use a newer revision of … more

Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Review] Doogee DG550 Kitkat OctaCore Phablet

26th March 2015, 06:31 PM |#431  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2015
Unhappy Screen freeze
when i play games on my dg550 after a couple of minutes freeze and i can't do anything.
i need to remove the battery and the put it back and leave like that until it cools
what can i do?
 
 
8th April 2015, 12:33 AM |#432  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by machineboy

Thanks, I tried this yesterday and after two tries it successfully rooted my kitkat doogee. Nice to be able to disable the boot animations, which are really loud and annoying

I so hate the boot screen and load music. That alone almost made me return the phone!
How do you change the boot screen and blaring music? Which file can I replace or edit?

Also I found I could only get root with Kingo Root.
8th April 2015, 08:37 AM |#433  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duago

I so hate the boot screen and load music. That alone almost made me return the phone!
How do you change the boot screen and blaring music? Which file can I replace or edit?

Also I found I could only get root with Kingo Root.

phone need to be rooted
enter system/media and then delete bootaudio and shutdownaudio
for bootanimation you can search on google for boot animation on resolution 1280x720
8th April 2015, 12:18 PM |#434  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
65 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duago

I so hate the boot screen and load music. That alone almost made me return the phone!
How do you change the boot screen and blaring music? Which file can I replace or edit?

Also I found I could only get root with Kingo Root.

If you reboot in vibrate or silent mode, the audio does not play.
8th April 2015, 09:30 PM |#435  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duago

I so hate the boot screen and load music. That alone almost made me return the phone!
How do you change the boot screen and blaring music? Which file can I replace or edit?

Also I found I could only get root with Kingo Root.

Search on google for "Blackview" phones official web site. On Blackview official site, you will find on the bottom option for downloading firmware. Choose firmware for model DM550 with date 11 February 2015. Install it as you do for your Doogee DG550 (with SP Flash Tool). Enjoy in your new phone.

Cheers
10th April 2015, 07:18 AM |#436  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollUser

phone need to be rooted
enter system/media and then delete bootaudio and shutdownaudio
for bootanimation you can search on google for boot animation on resolution 1280x720

It was actually bootaudio & shutaudio and that worked great thanks ( now I won't go deaf everytime I reboot).
I did change the bootanimation file (renamed the old one first just encase but I still get this blinding white initial OEM screen.
I can't seem to find it to replace it with one of my own
I wounder if I delete all bootanimations if I will just get a blank screen or a simple Google logo.

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksomk

Search on google for "Blackview" phones official web site. On Blackview official site, you will find on the bottom option for downloading firmware. Choose firmware for model DM550 with date 11 February 2015. Install it as you do for your Doogee DG550 (with SP Flash Tool). Enjoy in your new phone.

Cheers

I did the search and found this one (.blackview.cc/blackview-crown/) but saw no reference for downloads or DM550.
Phone looked good though.
10th April 2015, 08:05 AM |#437  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duago

It was actually bootaudio & shutaudio and that worked great thanks ( now I won't go deaf everytime I reboot).
I did change the bootanimation file (renamed the old one first just encase but I still get this blinding white initial OEM screen.
I can't seem to find it to replace it with one of my own
I wounder if I delete all bootanimations if I will just get a blank screen or a simple Google logo.

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------



I did the search and found this one (.blackview.cc/blackview-crown/) but saw no reference for downloads or DM550.
Phone looked good though.

blank screen.....no google logo beacause the phone is made by Doogee not google....
10th April 2015, 12:24 PM |#438  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
65 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duago

I did the search and found this one (.blackview.cc/blackview-crown/) but saw no reference for downloads or DM550.
Phone looked good though.

It is right at the bottom of the page like he said it was:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1I...ZnX1Bsc28/view

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksomk

Search on google for "Blackview" phones official web site. On Blackview official site, you will find on the bottom option for downloading firmware. Choose firmware for model DM550 with date 11 February 2015. Install it as you do for your Doogee DG550 (with SP Flash Tool). Enjoy in your new phone.

Nice find. I gave it a quick run, and like it a bit better than the most recent Doogee ROM. Unfortunately I have the same issue with it having a yellow tint to my camera, otherwise I would stick with it.

I seem to have an issue with all of the 4.4 ROMs I try. If I turn on the GPS through location services, my sync (gmail, email, photos, etc.) stops working. Anyone have any ideas?
11th April 2015, 02:57 AM |#439  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMcMadMac

It is right at the bottom of the page like he said it was:



Nice find. I gave it a quick run, and like it a bit better than the most recent Doogee ROM. Unfortunately I have the same issue with it having a yellow tint to my camera, otherwise I would stick with it.

I seem to have an issue with all of the 4.4 ROMs I try. If I turn on the GPS through location services, my sync (gmail, email, photos, etc.) stops working. Anyone have any ideas?

I found I had data set to off. you might check that.
Thanks for the link.
I think I want to find how to eliminate the Doogee OEM screen and replace it with something simple and not blinding white.
Just fix whats really broke and go with the rest for now.
Then make a recovery ...... ROM I guess it would be for the hopefully never to need event.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes