FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Linux] [IMG] [Dev] [WIP] *Ubuntu images for Rootbind [TF101 / TF101G]

9th March 2015, 11:34 PM |#401  
Flag South
Thanks Meter: 1,349

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mIRChele

hi, i appreciate your good work on keeping this development alive. I'm interested in using ubuntu on my tablet, so I followed the instructions and installed Lubuntu 14.04 on /data/linuxroot. I also copied rootbind's modules on /lib/modules , did the "depmod -a" thing, rebooted, but I still have no wifi. Wifi toggle (using wifitoggle) says it's switched on, however no wifi card are found. How can I fix that? Thank you.

What kernel are you using, what image and what module did you take ?

10th March 2015, 10:31 AM |#402  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzak34

What kernel are you using, what image and what module did you take ?

I flashed Ubuntu-3.1.10-9-rootbind.zip using Rogue Recovery 1.5.0, with tf101-14.04-Lubuntu-Tegra-armaf.tar.gz extracted on /data/linuxroot (I followed this guide). I also extracted modules-3.1.10-9.tar.gz into /data/linuxroot/lib/modules .
As I previously said, linux works pretty well (except for some occasional slowdown), but with no WiFi even with "sudo depmod -a" and then reboot.
10th March 2015, 11:01 AM |#403  
Flag South

Donate to Me
More
Use last 15 kernel. It's more stable more fixed

Aboyé depuis mon OnePlus One MIUI !
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingzak34 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2015, 09:29 PM |#404  

More
Quote:

Use last 15 kernel. It's more stable more fixed

Aboyé depuis mon OnePlus One MIUI !

thank you so much, now it works perfectly!
just a little question: is it possible to set the screen brightness or this is not possible?
11th March 2015, 11:43 PM |#405  
Flag South

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mIRChele

thank you so much, now it works perfectly!
just a little question: is it possible to set the screen brightness or this is not possible?

Keys on keryboard doesnt work ?

You can try to look in this thread, I dont remember about that but it's maybe there somewhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingzak34 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2015, 09:49 PM |#406  

More
Quote:

Keys on keryboard doesnt work ?

You can try to look in this thread, I dont remember about that but it's maybe there somewhere.

Unfortunately keys are mapped differently, even with the fn button pressed (but I'm using italian layout which it may differ from the standard US English layout that comes with the ubuntu image). However, I managed to control the brightness using terminal commands "brightnessdown" and "brightnessup". I'm fine with that, I'll make two script file in order to use them directly from the desktop. Thank you again for your support!
11th April 2015, 05:25 AM |#407  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjDill

OK more bugs I have found.. Sorry!
(I will edit and update as I find more)

1. Can't AUTO mount SD cards:

sudo rm -r /media/tf101/

2. Delete key does not work (lock key)

Open Lxsession config via
Preferences -> Default Applications for LXSession
Or run: lxsession-default-apps

Add new entry:
/usr/sbin/mapdeletekey

Then logout and back in

i tried the sd fix, but when i did, it formatted my sd.... any ideas on what to do or what i may have done wrong???
11th April 2015, 08:04 AM |#408  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksvlad

I solved the issue. The cause was in conky activity. I killed conky and keyboard with touchpad didn't stop anymore.
I disabled autostart conky in ~/.config/lxsession/Lubuntu/autostrart.

But I have another question. The keyboard and touchpad stop work on boot and after loggin on till redock. Is this behavior "normal" or not?

thank you sooooo much!!! i was having troubles with that very issue. and to be honest, we all know how hard full desktop linux can be without a physical mouse and keyboard. now to figure out how to get external storage to auto mount and im set!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread