FORUMS

Multi DPI Apps for Galaxy Note 4

Samsung stock apps do not scale to non-stock DPIs, which can prove annoying to those that want to … more

Google #StepInsideAdWords Event Livestream

Ahead of the annual I/O conference scheduled to take place later this month, the Google … more

How Much Do You Pay for Your Wireless Bill?

With so many different carriers and options to choose from, it can sometimes be quite a task … more

Microsoft Forgets Glasses and Mirror, Trashes Google

Microsoft is preparing a monumental release with Windows 10, and it could easily be … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Steps I took to get KitKat on my New Nook HD+

12th January 2015, 02:29 AM |#231  
Thanks Meter: 446

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesW1975

I've tried to install CM11 but I keep getting Status 7 errors,.. I double checked and I am working with the Ovation version,.. is there any possibility that my Nook HD+ isn't Ovation? Is there anything I can do?

Most likely you used a wrong (older) version of CWM recovery; flashing CM11 requires CWM v6.0.4.5 or newer. For more info/pointers, see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2679899.

12th January 2015, 02:35 AM |#232  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,785

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesW1975

I've tried to install CM11 but I keep getting Status 7 errors,.. I double checked and I am working with the Ovation version,.. is there any possibility that my Nook HD+ isn't Ovation? Is there anything I can do?

You are probably using too old a version of CWM. CM11 requires version 6045 or newer.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
25th March 2015, 11:19 AM |#233  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I'm planning to root a nook HD 7 inch. is version 10.1.3 the most stable?
25th March 2015, 03:28 PM |#234  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atisha

I'm planning to root a nook HD 7 inch. is version 10.1.3 the most stable?

In my opinion, yes.

The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2015, 07:27 AM |#235  

More
Hi
I've been trying to install cm10.1.3 into my nook hd, I'm stuck at booting from card. It keeps booting unto stock. It's my tenth or more time of trying. Tried with Sandisk 1gb, and 8 gb card but to no avail. Now I'm downloading cm11 elements hoping to have better luck. Is there any other way to root it?
I had previously tried with hd plus with cm11 and it was a breeze. But this nook hd is very stubborn. I took a day off to do this and half day it's gone
Would need to pick up my toddler very soon.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 AM ----------

And I even printed off your thread, and followed it to heart.

27th March 2015, 03:07 PM |#236  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atisha

Hi
I've been trying to install cm10.1.3 into my nook hd, I'm stuck at booting from card. It keeps booting unto stock. It's my tenth or more time of trying. Tried with Sandisk 1gb, and 8 gb card but to no avail. Now I'm downloading cm11 elements hoping to have better luck. Is there any other way to root it?
I had previously tried with hd plus with cm11 and it was a breeze. But this nook hd is very stubborn. I took a day off to do this and half day it's gone
Would need to pick up my toddler very soon.

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 AM ----------

And I even printed off your thread, and followed it to heart.

Usually the HD is easy to get the CWM SD to boot. Are you sure you are using the right HD files?

11th April 2015, 03:36 PM |#237  

More
Very sure I did. Anyway I gave up rooting it and just present to my father in law who seems happy with it. Unable to use what's app but I hope messenger will do just fine. Maybe that item is not root-able hence on eBay auction. A cheeky seller who described it as ten inch hd plus when it's hd nook seven inch. Cost of sending back makes it not worthwhile to return. But seven inch has its merit- it's easier to handle with one hand.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread