FORUMS

Google Teaches You to Use Wear Gestures

Now that the Watch Urbane is out with the latest firmware, we have new information regarding the … more

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Can't boot into Recovery, Bootloader, Download, or Fastboot! Why?

15th March 2015, 11:24 PM |#321  
Flag Louisville,Ky
Thanks Meter: 1,452

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnut13

I guess I don't know how to get into this 'black screen' in recovery.

All I get to is the standard 'No Command' screen, in which I can't use any ADB commands.
What are the instructions to get into the other screen?

I didn't mean black screen in recovery. I meant for you to try dd command from where you are bootlooping. Don't reboot recovery until you have used dd command to write the twrp recovery to recovery partition.

16th March 2015, 08:56 AM |#322  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibub

I didn't mean black screen in recovery. I meant for you to try dd command from where you are bootlooping. Don't reboot recovery until you have used dd command to write the twrp recovery to recovery partition.

Ah, I understand now. I just tried and no dice, "cannot open for read: Permission denied"

It seems that I can finally say there is no hope for this thing. My issue is that I didn't allow permission to Shell in SuperSU, simple as that.

There is nothing that I can do because I can't access root permission to shell without being able to boot up. I can't uninstall SuperSU because it is a system app (and because it seems this phone is pretty borked, trying to install an app flashes errors in ADB).

Oh well, at least I have some replacement parts. Thanks everybody for all the help.
The Following User Says Thank You to vwnut13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2015, 01:48 PM |#323  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Not sure if it really matters. But I have gotten past the bootloop I had the lgl34reboot". loop. Rooted it through towel root. Then accidentally deleted chrome and all of a sudden the background disappeared and none of the button worked as far as back arrow. Home and windows button. So I decided to turn it off then back on. Went through and did the same thing so I pulled down notifications tab. And wiped the phone. Turned it on and bam LG bootloop. So instead I held down the volume down and power button for about 4 bootloops. Let go and let it sit at the tracfone screen for about 30 minutes. I started pressing the buttons. Mainly the middle home button. And the phone came to the LG setup wizard.
This is where I became stuck. I would click continue through everything. However at the end it says " LG setup wizard has suddenly stopped". No matter what I do I cannot get past this screen. I have however figured out a way to get usb debugging on while in this menu.
How to do this : 1 continue through all screens of the setup wizard.
2. When it says " LG setup wizard has stopped working" pull down notification bar.
3. Click and hold locations. ( you can find this by scrolling to the right)
4 now just press the back arrown on top left. And go down to the about phone software. Kernel and tap 7 times. It will unlock dev options click it and allow usb debugging.

So through all of this. Now I'm stuck. Can I just download adb and run "adb shell reboot" or will that not work i can send screenshots if needed or could I use a factory flashed version
31st March 2015, 09:43 PM |#324  
Flag Louisville,Ky
Thanks Meter: 1,452

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Area51Rebuilt

Not sure if it really matters. But I have gotten past the bootloop I had the lgl34reboot". loop. Rooted it through towel root. Then accidentally deleted chrome and all of a sudden the background disappeared and none of the button worked as far as back arrow. Home and windows button. So I decided to turn it off then back on. Went through and did the same thing so I pulled down notifications tab. And wiped the phone. Turned it on and bam LG bootloop. So instead I held down the volume down and power button for about 4 bootloops. Let go and let it sit at the tracfone screen for about 30 minutes. I started pressing the buttons. Mainly the middle home button. And the phone came to the LG setup wizard.
This is where I became stuck. I would click continue through everything. However at the end it says " LG setup wizard has suddenly stopped". No matter what I do I cannot get past this screen. I have however figured out a way to get usb debugging on while in this menu.
How to do this : 1 continue through all screens of the setup wizard.
2. When it says " LG setup wizard has stopped working" pull down notification bar.
3. Click and hold locations. ( you can find this by scrolling to the right)
4 now just press the back arrown on top left. And go down to the about phone software. Kernel and tap 7 times. It will unlock dev options click it and allow usb debugging.

So through all of this. Now I'm stuck. Can I just download adb and run "adb shell reboot" or will that not work i can send screenshots if needed or could I use a factory flashed version

adb reboot will do nothing but reboot device, which is the same thing that you have managed to do without adb. And a factory reset does not restore system apps that people reclessly delete. It only erases downloaded apps and settings from /data and /cache. And unless you converted SuperSU to a system app prior to factory reset, then you MAY have POSSIBLY lost root access. IF you are able to access device via adb (type and enter adb devices to see), then it MIGHT be possible to reinstall SuperSU.apk and regain root (adb install /storage/external_SD/supersu.apk). IF this is successful, then you MIGHT be able to recieve rsa security prompt on your device and select allow this computer access. But then you would need to write twrp to recovery partition, and use it to restore the system image that daishi4u provided on page 29. I would suggest using LG flash tool, but since we don't seem to have access to download mode I'm not sure that would work.
11th April 2015, 08:31 PM |#325  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbage

[/COLOR]Here's a Chinese forum that supposedly offers the official Verizon LG Optimus Zone 2 firmware, but you have to register. Nonetheless, maybe this means a kang'ed/debloated version is a possibility??? The Optimus Zone 2 is just Verizon's name for none other than the TracFone L34C equivalent. .

hey i got a username and password for that site. the links that are hidden are broken anyways they dont work.

send me a PM to get the links because i cant post them

even with password there is another link for each file that i need 2 content points to read. once i figure out how to get those i will see what hidden links are available
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread