Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

HTC One M8 firmware collection for different CID/MID | 4.16.401.10

11th April 2015, 02:04 PM |#671  
Flag Basel
Thanks Meter: 13

94 posts
More
Hey, thanks for this Do you have the new 4.04.1700.4 yet?

12th April 2015, 10:36 PM |#672  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 1,010

2,222 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokedroid

Okay, I've been flashing roms since 2009 and this has got me way confused. I downloaded a stock rooted 5.1 ROM and now obviously my Wi-Fi stopped working. I know I need new firmware but i can't find/don't know the newest one. I tried searching them all by date, but if I go deep enough into the 401 folder (most recently modified) all the files have a last modified date of 2008. Very confusing, would anyone be able to steer me in the right direction?

Are you S-Off? If so you can just flash a firmware zip.
If not, you can either go back to stock ROM and recovery and take the OTAs, or you can run the WWE RUU.exe file to update.
Depending on your firmware version, either way works. If you are on old firmware though, you will have to install the OTAs one at a time. But if you used the RUU, you can jump right up all at once. It does wipe your phone though.
I suggest getting S-Off if you aren't already. Sunshine is the only way to do it, and it costs $25, but is totally worth it. Then all you'll have to do is flash the appropriate firmware zip, and it's super easy to do that.
The Following User Says Thank You to xunholyx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2015, 10:50 PM |#673  
Thanks Meter: 22

228 posts
Your explanation is exactly why I asked. I am s-off and I was trying a firmware zip but it wouldn't flash. I ended up making a tibu backup, ran the ruu and restored apps after. I imagine it wasn't working because I was coming straight from 4.4.4 so the ruu was just less hassle. Thanks for the reply though!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread