FORUMS

Is the LG G4’s Camera Really DSLR-worthy?

After months of anticipation, the LG G4 was finally unveiled today, showing off an … more

SuperSU Beta Updates With Minor Fix For Galaxy S6

ChainFire’s root permissions app SuperSU has updated to v.2.49 to fix audits on … more

LG G4 Day Event Coverage: Specs, Features, Design & More!

LG has been teasing us with a countdown for a while now, and today it reached … more

Xposed Modules to Modify Email – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Even though we have Dropbox and other ways to share files, people still want … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat d2att (at&t) Stable 9.0

12th April 2015, 07:27 PM |#1251  
Thanks Meter: 2,162

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neavissa

Hi,

I just installed this ROM and I really like it. The only issue I have is, that the taskbar on top is too small! How can I make the symbols on top bigger?!

thanks,

G

Slim uses a lower DPI. You can increase it by either editing the build.prop or using an app like textdroider_dpi from the Play Store. I can't remember what the default DPI for the S3 is, but a search will probably find that.

It's baconnn!

12th April 2015, 07:50 PM |#1252  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I want to say stock dpi is 240 on the SGS3.
12th April 2015, 08:10 PM |#1253  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks for the reply guys. I tried it with the app you suggested, didn't work. I also tried it manually, didn't work either... I did this:

"in /system/ find build.prop
open in text editor
find this
ro.sf.lcd_density = ''
and change the digits to any of u like"

I did that and made sure I saved the file before closing. Did not work. Maybe having that app installed first screwed things up?! I have to run now, but what I am going to do later is, flash the ROM again and then try the manual method first...

thanks,

G
12th April 2015, 08:54 PM |#1254  

More
Quote:

Thanks for the reply guys. I tried it with the app you suggested, didn't work. I also tried it manually, didn't work either... I did this:

"in /system/ find build.prop
open in text editor
find this
ro.sf.lcd_density = ''
and change the digits to any of u like"

I did that and made sure I saved the file before closing. Did not work. Maybe having that app installed first screwed things up?! I have to run now, but what I am going to do later is, flash the ROM again and then try the manual method first...

thanks,

G

Dumb question, but did you reboot after? Also check and make sure root is working properly. I think 320 is Samsung default.

From my SlimTab Pro 8.4
The Following User Says Thank You to JaylanPHNX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2015, 11:04 PM |#1255  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
There are no dumb questions, only dumb people. People like me, ha ha. You hit the nail on the head. I just checked and my phone is not rooted. What a dumba$$ I am! I never get that?! I thought that a phone has to be rooted in order or you to install a custom ROM?! Anyhow, let me find out how to root the Galaxy 3...

thanks,

G

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Update: it is working now. Problem was - device was not rooted.

Thanks everyone,

G
13th April 2015, 02:20 AM |#1256  

More
Quote:

There are no dumb questions, only dumb people. People like me, ha ha. You hit the nail on the head. I just checked and my phone is not rooted. What a dumba$$ I am! I never get that?! I thought that a phone has to be rooted in order or you to install a custom ROM?! Anyhow, let me find out how to root the Galaxy 3...

thanks,

G

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Update: it is working now. Problem was - device was not rooted.

Thanks everyone,

G

Technically, the phone doesn't need to be rooted so long as you can get a custom recovery installed. Slim comes with root turned off, but you can enable it under developer options in settings. You can also just flash the SuperSU zip.

It's baconnn!
13th April 2015, 04:35 AM |#1257  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylanPHNX

I think 320 is Samsung default.

Yep, I confirm what you said: the default DPI on the stock ROM is 320.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread