FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

[Guide] Your New GPe

3,397 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,637

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th March 2015, 07:01 PM |#121  
Moderator Committee Lead / Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Flag At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Thanks Meter: 6,552

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ

@blueether @egzthunder1 @DooMLoRD - Hoping one of you can help.

I do not have access to recovery. Stock or Custom. Phone is GPE, but not able to get into recovery mode.

I have OS installed, not rooted at the moment, and access to unlocked bootloader. How do I get it going? Trying to enter recovery any which way yeilds a black screen.

Can I write back stock system.img, recovery.img boot.img using fastboot?

What about flashtool, anything that I can use there to help me? Are there any flashtool based packages?

Thanks! Much help is needed.

Have you tried connecting your device to the PC via fastboot (hold vol up while plugging the device to the PC)? Doing that should present you with a screen with options (scroll through them with the volume buttons and power button to select), one of which is "reboot to system". Try this and see if this works.

There are two rules in life for being successful:

1. Never reveal everything you know;

5th March 2015, 07:18 PM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 477

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by egzthunder1

Have you tried connecting your device to the PC via fastboot (hold vol up while plugging the device to the PC)? Doing that should present you with a screen with options (scroll through them with the volume buttons and power button to select), one of which is "reboot to system". Try this and see if this works.

Yes I can get into fastboot mode. I'm able to boot into OS, just not recovery.

I have a doomkernel installed as well in attempt to get into recovery but nothing yet.
5th March 2015, 10:02 PM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 697

More
Quote:

I have a doomkernel installed as well in attempt to get into recovery but nothing yet.

Did you try any of the methods I posted to get into recovery? Just a guess but adb reboot recovery may not work as I think they use FOTA kernel partition for recovery.
6th March 2015, 02:34 AM |#124  
Moderator Committee Lead / Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Flag At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Thanks Meter: 6,552

More
Quote:

Sorry, i misread your post. Does the black screen you are on when you boot into recovery have any kind of drawing (exclamation sign, android on its back with an open chest, etc)?

You might have to flash a recovery again...

13th April 2015, 07:47 AM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Question Possible Brick?
Okay, so I just got my Z Ultra GPe and it updated to 5.1 OTA just fine.

I went ahead and used the legit Sony website method to unlock the bootloader.

I was able to follow the instructions here to install a custom recovery (TWRP) which works just fine. However, I am now unable to boot into the OS. Worse still, I get the Sony logo at first boot which never happened before.

At first, it would sit on the "No Command" screen with the little dead Android guy. Now it just sits on the Sony logo until I press down on the volume rocker to get to TWRP or up to get to CWM. Puzzlingly, from time to time, I'm also able to get to the stock recovery as well.

I have tried downloading and re-installing the OS as a .ZIP file to no avail. I keep getting Status 7 errors, specifically with the BasicDreams.apk having "unexpected contents".

I hope I'm not FUBAR. Any help would be appreciated.

*EDIT: So here is what I've learned after several hours of backtracking. I installed the wrong recovery. How I fixed my problem was 1.) Flashing @DooMLoRD's first version of his kernel using the latest FlashTool from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2769608

2.) I was getting Status 7 errors trying to ADB sideload the original stock KitKat ROM. Turns out my device was reporting itself as "togari" instead of "c8608". I found the following post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522762

Which led me to download the stock firmware: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2574264

I then unzipped it and modify the updater-script file as per the Status 7 error thread. In my case, I replaced "C6808" with "togari":
Code:
getprop("ro.product.device") == "C6806" || abort("This package is for \"C6806\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");
I re-zipped the contents and did another ADB sideload and VOILA! I'm reverted back to stock KitKat GPE.

Hope this helps someone else like me who leaps before looking!
Last edited by berry_lthird; 13th April 2015 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Left out some important details.
The Following User Says Thank You to berry_lthird For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread