Sony Xperia Z3 Lollipop Framework Ported to CM12

Android 5.0 for Xperia has a unique look and feel. You don’t have to get a Sony … more

Do You Use Recents as a Task Switcher?

Google introduced a revamped Recents interface with Lollipop in the hopes of making it easier for … more

YU Yureka All-in-One ToolBox (CM12S Only)

This packed toolbox by XDA Senior Member gohel.vishal makes many useful tweaks … more

Sony Xperia Z4 Forum Now Available

Sony’s Xperia line has seen plenty of development on XDA, and now that the Xperia Z4 has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[KITCHEN] ArchiKitchen - Android Kitchen (WIP) [Linux]

13th April 2015, 06:51 PM |#2241  
Recognized Contributor
Flag warrington
Thanks Meter: 4,197

4,329 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by testit22

first thanks a lot to try your Kitchen.
Im a really Newbie and have a NU-3S(Qualcomm MSM8212) and all Img for Kitkat 4.4.4 but my Problem to get it working is the kernel path.
How can I detemine it?
Need some Help please

You can use this guide to get your mounting points
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2450045
The Following User Says Thank You to sawdoctor For This Useful Post: [ View ]

13th April 2015, 11:39 PM |#2242  
Thanks Meter: 124

611 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustArchi

ArchiKitchen - Brand new Android Kitchen

Commits/Changes -> https://github.com/JustArchi/ArchiKi...commits/master
Source -> https://github.com/JustArchi/ArchiKitchen
T....
repository to stay up to date.

@JustArchi
First off, thank you for this awesome kitchen.
I have a few questions about devices not listed in the respective devices folder. Do I need to add a folder for a new device with those kernel/recovery/system paths?
In case I had done all this procedures, after compile the new rom, should I change anything on updater-script? And about the update-binary is it universal? I mean, can I use it along other devices? Or during the compilation process a specific update-binary is created?
Thanks in advance.
13th April 2015, 11:44 PM |#2243  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 32,319

8,066 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.mackew

@JustArchi
I have a few questions about devices not listed in the respective devices folder. Do I need to add a folder for a new device with those kernel/recovery/system paths?
In case I had done all this procedures, after compile the new rom, should I change anything on updater-script? And about the update-binary is it universal? I mean, can I use it along other devices? Or during the compilation process a specific update-binary is created?
Thanks in advance.

You don't need to add a folder, AK asks you about proper paths in case it can't guess on it's own. You may, however, add it to automate that procedure. Moreover, you can create a pull request so I can merge it and it'll be there forever.

Usually you don't need to change anything in updater-script. Updater-script is created based on the system.img you provide, which means that IT'S NOT universal across all devices, however AK tries "it's best" to generate as good updater-script, as should be generated. At the moment all symlinks are automatically generated from the image, which means - they can't be wrong as it's 1:1 copy, while permissions are filtered from the list of valid ones, which is quite good and works for most of the devices, but it should be improved in future when I find some motivation to do so. Update-binary is universal to the point that it should work, but you can always replace it with update-binary compiled specially for your device, latest CM's nightly for your device is the best source probably.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2015, 11:46 PM |#2244  
Thanks Meter: 142

360 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@JustArchi
Thanks in advance.

Yes, add the folder for your device, and its respective mount points (you can follow the other folders as a template for naming conventions).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the update binary should be universal, but depends on your recovery. I haven't had any problems with the one ArchiKitchen uses with TWRP 2.8.5.0. Hope this helps, cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to MattMatt0240 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2015, 11:56 PM |#2245  
Thanks Meter: 124

611 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMatt0240

Yes, add the folder for your device, and its respective mount points (you can follow the other folders as a template for naming conventions).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the update binary should be universal, but depends on your recovery. I haven't had any problems with the one ArchiKitchen uses with TWRP 2.8.5.0. Hope this helps, cheers!

Yes Matt! Thanks a lot, you helped for sure. Appreciated.

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Quote:

You don't need to add a folder, AK asks you about proper paths in case it can't guess on it's own. You may, however, add it to automate that procedure. Moreover, you can create a pull request so I can merge it and it'll be there forever.

Usually you don't need to change anything in updater-script. Updater-script is created based on the system.img you provide, which means that IT'S NOT universal across all devices, however AK tries "it's best" to generate as good updater-script, as should be generated. At the moment all symlinks are automatically generated from the image, which means - they can't be wrong as it's 1:1 copy, while permissions are filtered from the list of valid ones, which is quite good and works for most of the devices, but it should be improved in future when I find some motivation to do so. Update-binary is universal to the point that it should work, but you can always replace it with update-binary compiled specially for your device, latest CM's nightly for your device is the best source probably.

Appreciated @JustArchi Can you merge the SM-P905 and the SM-N910C? Thank you very much!
13th April 2015, 11:57 PM |#2246  
Thanks Meter: 142

360 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:

This mans got the answer. Thanks for the thorough explanation and amazing tool!
14th April 2015, 01:16 AM |#2247  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 32,319

8,066 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Appreciated @JustArchi Can you merge the SM-P905 and the SM-N910C? Thank you very much!

If you send me a pull request, I will accept it -> https://github.com/JustArchi/ArchiKi...7e21e7e4a30bb5

But I'm not adding any devices that I don't own myself - YOU are the one who should verify that AK works with particular device, and that the paths are correct.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dsixda kitchen justarchi android chef
Previous Thread Next Thread