FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

LG G2 Problem after screen replace

44 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By benjamin94, Member on 28th March 2014, 12:48 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello Friends,

Ive got an quetion about my G2. My screen and LCD are broken. as you can see below.

As you can see both are broke. So i bought an brand new LG G2 Display unit (fully assembled.)

After the replacement my problem is still there? Can somebody of you tell me what's wrong?

Kind regards!

1st April 2014, 08:25 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag Rijssen
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Nobody?!?
1st April 2014, 09:14 PM |#3  
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 561

More
Connector/PCB damage, maybe?
26th September 2014, 07:50 AM |#4  
Flag Abbotsford, BC
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin94

Hello Friends,

Ive got an quetion about my G2. My screen and LCD are broken. as you can see below.

As you can see both are broke. So i bought an brand new LG G2 Display unit (fully assembled.)

After the replacement my problem is still there? Can somebody of you tell me what's wrong?

Kind regards!

I just replaced mine and got the same results... before this the digitizer was broken but the display was still perfect. All ribbons seem to be connected properly, no visible damage...
26th September 2014, 09:09 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
get a different lcd. Be very careful not to put any pressure on the screen when putting it together. I don't even tape mine in. I destroyed the lcd once with just light pressure putting the back of the phone on and the digitizer was still good. Luckily I had accidently ordered 2 screens so my second one I was more careful.
24th January 2015, 11:43 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
LG G2 broken after replacing screen
I just had the same problem, I don't think it's an issue with the screens, I think it's an issue with the video card or something.. I had bad digitizer, I first replaced just the digitizer as my LCD was fine, new digitizer had dead spot and I accidentally poked a hole in LCD. Had the black oooozz all over, but still worked and could see what you're doing, do I bought a assembled LCD, digitizer, and glass.. Replaced it and got a bunch of colored dots, put old screen back on, and it's now showing bunch of dots. I did notice I'm missing a pin on the phone's connector for LCD, not sure if it broke out when disconnecting old LCD or if it's supposed to be missing.

Did anyone get theirs fixed with me LCD or is the problem else where?

I noticed the internals were very similar to nexus 5, do they use same LCD or she connector, anything compatible there? I bent, wiggled, cracked old LCD and it still worked besides the black ooz, until I connected new assembly, so I'm thinking these LCD's are pretty durable and pressure on them didn't cause this issue.

Edit... Just looked up photo of connector, all pins are there.. Mine is missing 5th pin in from the right.. On bottom row..
should look like this

mine missing pin

Another edit...

I found the missing pin on my table, tiny thing, inserted it to connector, tossed a tad of silver solder on it,reconnected LCD ,works flawless!
Last edited by urhaxable; 25th January 2015 at 01:07 AM.
9th February 2015, 11:03 PM |#7  

More
Phone Same issue
I have the same problem ( Color dots), so you solved by reconnecting all screen connectors? I really don't know what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urhaxable

I just had the same problem, I don't think it's an issue with the screens, I think it's an issue with the video card or something.. I had bad digitizer, I first replaced just the digitizer as my LCD was fine, new digitizer had dead spot and I accidentally poked a hole in LCD. Had the black oooozz all over, but still worked and could see what you're doing, do I bought a assembled LCD, digitizer, and glass.. Replaced it and got a bunch of colored dots, put old screen back on, and it's now showing bunch of dots. I did notice I'm missing a pin on the phone's connector for LCD, not sure if it broke out when disconnecting old LCD or if it's supposed to be missing.

Did anyone get theirs fixed with me LCD or is the problem else where?

I noticed the internals were very similar to nexus 5, do they use same LCD or she connector, anything compatible there? I bent, wiggled, cracked old LCD and it still worked besides the black ooz, until I connected new assembly, so I'm thinking these LCD's are pretty durable and pressure on them didn't cause this issue.

Edit... Just looked up photo of connector, all pins are there.. Mine is missing 5th pin in from the right.. On bottom row..
should look like this

mine missing pin

Another edit...

I found the missing pin on my table, tiny thing, inserted it to connector, tossed a tad of silver solder on it,reconnected LCD ,works flawless!

11th February 2015, 02:19 AM |#8  
Flag São Paulo / SP
Thanks Meter: 29

More
hi
you bought an original piece? purchased online or at any physical store? apparently your problem is in the connectors, however we can classify your new screen as a low quality product.
8th April 2015, 01:55 PM |#9  

More
Same problem
Hello!
I have a same problem with lg g2. I changed the broken touch and after my screen shows only pixels. I tried to change completly the lcd and the touch and nothing the second lcd shows the same.After that I changed the flat cable between the main board and lcd and again nothing.Nowhere no damage, dont have any missing pin or part, but no picture only pixels.
Any solution?
Best regards!
14th April 2015, 04:31 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 23

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorecords

Hello!
I have a same problem with lg g2. I changed the broken touch and after my screen shows only pixels. I tried to change completly the lcd and the touch and nothing the second lcd shows the same.After that I changed the flat cable between the main board and lcd and again nothing.Nowhere no damage, dont have any missing pin or part, but no picture only pixels.
Any solution?
Best regards!

Maybe the problem is with the motherboard,
I'd suggest go to a repair shop, so they can test your motherboard on a different screen (for free i hope), to see if the problem is: Flex? Screen? or motherboard?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread