Do You Check for App Updates Regularly?

Do you let app updates happen automatically or do you regularly check for them? We’re … more

Find The Best Apps With Google’s Picks & Other Tricks

The Google Play Store, weighing in with more than 1.4 million apps at last … more

Dynamic Pop for Note 4 (N910T & 910W8)

With the release of the Canadian Lollipop ROM for the Note 4, T-Mobile users can also enjoy the … more

Sunday Debate: Better to Buy Older or Newer Hardware?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on New vs. Old. Come with your opinions and feel … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[MOD][XPOSED] Fire TV Mods by rbox

4th April 2015, 02:03 AM |#231  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox

What version of the OS and what version of the mods are you using?

OS 51.1.1.0_user_511070220 & mod version 1.3

Is there 1.2 version I can try instead?

4th April 2015, 05:01 AM |#232  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 906

868 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortega0517

OS 51.1.1.0_user_511070220 & mod version 1.3

Is there 1.2 version I can try instead?

Update your OS
4th April 2015, 02:31 PM |#233  

8 posts
Quote:

Update your OS

Is there a guide on how to update without loosing root? I looked at AFTVNEWS.com guide on how to update or downgrade and was afraid I might loose root access or maybe brick. What should I do? Sorry for the noob questions. Iv never owned an android device before. Getting the fire tv was my first android
4th April 2015, 05:03 PM |#234  
OP Senior Member

868 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortega0517

Is there a guide on how to update without loosing root? I looked at AFTVNEWS.com guide on how to update or downgrade and was afraid I might loose root access or maybe brick. What should I do? Sorry for the noob questions. Iv never owned an android device before. Getting the fire tv was my first android

The site has guides on how to do it all, unlock, install recovery, update the OS.
14th April 2015, 10:04 PM |#235  
Thanks Meter: 2

29 posts
This mod was great but the only problem is there is no way to disable the feature that when you hold the home button a few recent app selections appear. The problem with this is it blocks the ability of the new update to allow you to put the Fire TV to sleep by holding the home button. Is there a way to disable this feature on your Fire TV mods to allow you to make use of the sleep feature in the new official update? Thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Quote:

The site has guides on how to do it all, unlock, install recovery, update the OS.

This mod was great but the only problem is there is no way to disable the feature that when you hold the home button a few recent app selections appear. The problem with this is it blocks the ability of the new update to allow you to put the Fire TV to sleep by holding the home button. Is there a way to disable this feature on your Fire TV mods to allow you to make use of the sleep feature in the new official update? Thanks!
14th April 2015, 10:05 PM |#236  
OP Senior Member

868 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by loughrey101

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

You could scroll up like 20 posts... or read the OP...
14th April 2015, 10:27 PM |#237  

4 posts
Would a previous version of your module work on software version 51.1.0.2
14th April 2015, 10:27 PM |#238  

29 posts
Quote:

You could scroll up like 20 posts... or read the OP...

Thanks rbox. I'm not sure how to create the . xml file though. I copied and pasted the file info you have here into a notepad and saved it as .xml and pushed it into the sdcard folder of the Fire TV, but nothing happens, the functions remains. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?
14th April 2015, 10:47 PM |#239  
OP Senior Member

868 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by loughrey101

Thanks rbox. I'm not sure how to create the . xml file though. I copied and pasted the file info you have here into a notepad and saved it as .xml and pushed it into the sdcard folder of the Fire TV, but nothing happens, the functions remains. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?

Did you reboot?
14th April 2015, 10:50 PM |#240  

29 posts
Quote:

Did you reboot?

Thanks very much rbox, I think I was putting in the wrong text. I finally managed to get it. Thanks again for everything, all your mods make the Fire TV a joy!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xposed
Previous Thread Next Thread