FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

New LG Volt LS-740

24th March 2015, 04:24 AM |#541  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshiach101

Do I need to wipe anything when moving from stock zv3 to cm12

I recommend moving the rom to the external sd card, then wiping everything except the external sd card, then flashing the rom.

24th March 2015, 05:38 AM |#542  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How can I remove system apps in cm12? I tried titanium backup but that didn't work the app either crashes or works fine
Cm12 works great by I can't make calls with hangouts dialer it rings then said call can't go through is this an APN issue?( I didn't flash the APN fix)
BTW rear camera works fine
24th March 2015, 01:41 PM |#543  
Flag /system/xbin/su
Thanks Meter: 243

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshiach101

How can I remove system apps in cm12? I tried titanium backup but that didn't work the app either crashes or works fine
Cm12 works great by I can't make calls with hangouts dialer it rings then said call can't go through is this an APN issue?( I didn't flash the APN fix)
BTW rear camera works fine

Your rear camera works? Jealous lol.

Anyway, did you give Titanium Backup root permissions?

>>>Sent from my LG Volt running CyanogenMod 12<<<
24th March 2015, 04:58 PM |#544  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph0enix_216

Your rear camera works? Jealous lol.

Anyway, did you give Titanium Backup root permissions?

>>>Sent from my LG Volt running CyanogenMod 12<<<

Yes I did I Even restored apps, but in lollipop the apps are stored in /system/app/(whatever)/whatever.apk so maybe titanium didn't know to do that it's just trying /system/app/whatever.Apk
And fmradio uninstalled but only after reboot other apps just crash

Does hangouts dialer depend on APN to call (I didn't flash the fix) it doesn't work for calling
25th March 2015, 03:08 AM |#545  

More
I wanted to try out candy so I made a backup and wiped data and cache and installed it on to of cm12 the same way I installed cm on to of stock, and now I have cm theme app and themes in strings are controlled by cm, is candy a clone of cm??
Also I did the deep sleep fix on cm (which every time the screen shut off it would just turn back on but now that's also happening in candy, is it because the developers of candy built in the deep sleep fix for cm in their ROM or did I do something wrong??

BTW the rear camera in cm12 only worked for pictures but not for videos.
I tried Google cam from play store and ucam and whatsapp and they all didn't work for video.
There is an app called az screen recorded no root (for lollipop) but it's not working is giving some sort of error that it's looking for a file and that I should retry in a few seconds but it Kris on happening, is it related to this video recording issue for the camera apps?
28th March 2015, 06:22 PM |#546  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph0enix_216

For anyone who is interested, Bad_MOFO_33 over at Android Forums has a working beta of CM12 for our lovely little LS740. Phone/SMS capabilities don't seem to be working, nor do the vibrator and the rear camera, but other than that, it's a very smooth and stable ROM and is fun to play around with

You have to flash a later version of TWRP for this to work but it is compatible with the stock ROM as well.

http://androidforums.com/threads/cm1...l-beta.905257/

Thanks for sharing this. However, I have upgrade to ZTE Grand Max+ from Cricket Wireless recently.
28th March 2015, 08:08 PM |#547  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwang9

Thanks for sharing this. However, I have upgrade to ZTE Grand Max+ from Cricket Wireless recently.

Has it been rooted yet? Most, to my knowledge, newer ZTE phones have not been rooted. I had to get a new phone, which is not yet rootable. It is killing me.
29th March 2015, 12:15 AM |#548  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Arrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw996

Has it been rooted yet? Most, to my knowledge, newer ZTE phones have not been rooted. I had to get a new phone, which is not yet rootable. It is killing me.

Not yet. The phone is pretty pure Android and the ZTE launcher is even better than Google launcher. I don't need root this phone so far.
15th April 2015, 06:05 AM |#549  

More
I've noticed that when the phone downloads an update it downloads it to /cache for some odd reason 2 of the same zip one with the name of the rom and another named update.zip inside both zips was a folder called recovery which had the stock updated recovery IMG inside, if I would delete that folder can I flash this zip as if I were flashing a custom rom?
And then flash supersu zip for root (I was running zv3 with the zv4 update zip but now I'm on cm12 so I'm just asking if it would work, can't try....)
Also why are stock ROMs so big they are like almost a GB but cm is like 250mb?
Not really sure why there were 2 zips, assuming that there is some difference just the root folders were the same what is the difference/why is there 2 zips? (Also I don't think they were each a GB which is the total ROM size)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg volt, ls740
Previous Thread Next Thread