FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[HOW TO] [GUIDE] [Q&A] - Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 ROOT & Then Some

3rd April 2015, 04:12 AM |#381  
Thanks Meter: 134

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflea

Looking to purchase a used S5 soon.

For unrooted phones, are there any bootloader/OS versions I need to avoid if I want to get root/recovery?

Thanks!

Nope. All versions are rootable.
The Following User Says Thank You to eragon5779 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

4th April 2015, 02:00 PM |#382  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Wink Please Help Noob Status
Like the title says I need help rooting my Verizon Galaxy S5 SM-G900V. I once rooted and flashed my old Galaxy Tab but it was forever ago. From what I am reading I cannot root my phone because I have already done the OTA update for Android 5.0. Please if someone could break down the steps Noob style for me so that I can root my phone that would be great thanks.
5th April 2015, 02:01 AM |#383  
Flag Bellingham
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmarine

Like the title says I need help rooting my Verizon Galaxy S5 SM-G900V. I once rooted and flashed my old Galaxy Tab but it was forever ago. From what I am reading I cannot root my phone because I have already done the OTA update for Android 5.0. Please if someone could break down the steps Noob style for me so that I can root my phone that would be great thanks.

Go back to the first page of the thread. Spells it out.
14th April 2015, 08:45 PM |#384  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Damn, I just traded in my old S3 for a new S5. It's also on ANK2... and I can't find anything on it. I'm assuming there is no root for it yet? Should I take the OTA to lollipop?
14th April 2015, 09:40 PM |#385  

More
Welp, took the OTA a few weeks ago and now Towelroot is saying my phone is incompatible. Can't even use the modstrings to root it, it just straight up says "nope". Any love here? I can't figure out what's going on.
14th April 2015, 10:06 PM |#386  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrite123

Damn, I just traded in my old S3 for a new S5. It's also on ANK2... and I can't find anything on it. I'm assuming there is no root for it yet? Should I take the OTA to lollipop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekter

Welp, took the OTA a few weeks ago and now Towelroot is saying my phone is incompatible. Can't even use the modstrings to root it, it just straight up says "nope". Any love here? I can't figure out what's going on.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3068546

Follow this to update to Android 5.0 and keep root
14th April 2015, 10:07 PM |#387  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon5779

I don't already have root, though.
14th April 2015, 11:25 PM |#388  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon5779

I noticed it says in the thread "if you do not already have root..." to flash that specific firmware using odin. This method will work with ank2, correct? Just making sure that's what you were pointing me at.

Also thanks very much.
15th April 2015, 03:40 PM |#389  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrite123

I noticed it says in the thread "if you do not already have root..." to flash that specific firmware using odin. This method will work with ank2, correct? Just making sure that's what you were pointing me at.

Also thanks very much.

Right. That method works for all versions. If on NK2, just flash NCG kernel in ODIN, run towelroot, install SuperSU, flash NK2 kernel in ODIN, install SafeStrap, then follow the directions from there.
The Following User Says Thank You to eragon5779 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread