FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Fixes for everyone

22nd February 2015, 06:06 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 1,919

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-alz

Thank you, sir. Very nice find. I'll add it to op for sure. Actually, I've done a similar thing, but from the S5(I took the GPS.conf and threw it in my N3) to Note 3 (since the S5 has an amazing GPS as I've been using it all the time) and it worked just like it did for you. I don't know, it's something about the new releases of Samsung after the note 3 that got the GPS to work just fine.

Can you share that S5 GPS.conf you are using??

22nd February 2015, 09:09 AM |#52  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,015

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter.White

Can you share that S5 GPS.conf you are using??

there ya go, foo
The Following User Says Thank You to K-alz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2015, 11:42 PM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 1,919

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

there ya go, foo

What ROM are you rocking as of late?
23rd February 2015, 12:21 AM |#54  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter.White

What ROM are you rocking as of late?

Been running this evolution 3 rom. It's good but it has a couple of issues that could be a deal breaker for me if I was still using my N3 as my daily driver. I wanted to use @carl1961 's Norma something but it's just too many things to do/flash. lol
15th April 2015, 09:00 AM |#55  
Flag Gwadar
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Unhappy
Quote:

Hey guys. I've been an android user for the past 2.5 years and during my time using it, I've run into rooting and taking full control of my phone. BUT that comes with a price. And luckily, that price isn't that big of a deal (unless you really mess up your device by doing things you don't know anything about). A few tweaks and changes to your "build.prop, csc, lib....etc" contents with a reboot sometimes fixes problems real quick and you'll be a happy camper after thinking "oh sh*t! My phone sucks and this can't be fixed".
Without further a due, here are some of the annoying issues I've run into and after searching/asking I figured out how to fix them:

First of all, all I need from you to have is a root browser app and some simple knowledge about editing files in there, changing permissions, moving stuff around, and all that stuff. I personally use "root browser" app. It's up to you. Whatever app you're comfortable with is fine.

1. The annoying "AT&T address book subscription" or whatever they call it pop-up window that pops in your face every time you open your contacts.

Well, not anymore [emoji16] thanks to @NunHugger for pointing that out for us in one of his posts on the alliance ROM thread (and I happened to be an OCD. I take a screen shot of every useful post that I think will help me in the future and throw it in my SD card)
Using your root browser app navigate to system/csc/feature.xml and find this

<CscFeature_Contact_EnableAAB>true<

and change the "true" to false. Save, reboot, and enjoy.

2. WiFi issues. Like, your wifi isn't sticking while you're using your phone. It disconnects constantly. Or you have to re-enter your password every time you reboot. That is easy as well. I am not sure who figured it out first, but I've seen some posts praising @Walter.White for finding that out. Thanks to him either way. He helps so much all the time regardless.
From your root browser, navigate to system/build.prop and find this

ro.securestorage.support=true

and change the "true" to "false". Reboot and enjoy.

3. If you flash an international based ROM, you may lose your AT&T 4GLTE signal icon and end up with only G4 in the status bar. Even though it doesn't mean you don't have LTE, but hell it's so annoying to look at.
That's a very easy one. From your root browser, navigate to system/build.prop and find this

ro.product.name=hltexx

And replace the "xx" with "att". Save, reboot, and enjoy.

Also, I don't know who figured it out first. it's an old one (since the note 2 days)

4. Losing screen rotation functionality.
Due to "debloating" especially for those who have just gotten root (thanks to @geohot) and they're debloating the hell out of their phones. LOL
Some problems might occur thanks to samsung for linking so many of their bloat to the device's main functions. I ran into this problem and it drove me crazy. Thanks to the power of Google search and this gentleman here @phyowaiummg for posting the solution for it. It's caused by removing samsung hub with titanium. Titanium removes this

"libgnustl_shared.so"

file (that apparently controls the rotation function on our phone) from system/lib when you uninstall samsung hub with it. Just find that file in another ROM zip file. Extract it and throw it into your system/lib. Change permissions to rw-r-r and reboot.
Do NOT delete. Just freeze with titanium. It's not worth it. You're only going to save 150+ MB by deleting all the bloat. IF you can't help it, then use "root app delete" app from play store and delete the bloat.

5. HOW TO FULL UNROOT AFTER TOWELROOT (how I did it. It worked for me):
First you need to be on stock ROM (assuming you have a backup of it).
a. Un-install recovery from SS then Un-install the app-SS- itself.

b. Open up your "root browser". On the very first page, just keep scrolling down and find "SS" folder. Delete that.

C. From supersu app, go to settings/full unroot and press that and continue accepting all the windows that pop up. (Do NOT reboot yet).

d. From root browser, navigate to system/app and look for the supersu apk and see if it's there. If so, delete it. If it's not there, then you may find it in system/prev-app or data/app. Delete the hell out of it wherever you find it.

f. From root browser, navigate to system/xbin and find busybox and su and delete both.

d. Now reboot and cross your fingers it works. It worked for me.
Let me know if it works for you as well, please!

6. If you don't like the 480 DPI on your phone and think that your apps are too big. Or you don't want to use any apps/xposed modules (or for some reason those modules didn't work for you) to change that, then there is a method for you to do so by only a small edit in your build.prop (Thanks to @UK2K for bringing it up to this thread. Make sure to smack his "like" button wherever you find his posts ) . Some folks say that 375 DPI is the perfect way to go.

You can do that by just opening your "root browser" app. Navigate to system/build.prop then find

ro.sf.lcd_density=480

and change 480 to 375, save, reboot, and, as always, enjoy!

If you would like to save the original just put a "#" at the beginning and make it look like this:

#ro.sf.lcd_density=480

and just create a new one by typing it like this:

ro.sf.lcd_density=375

then, save and reboot.

7. This is an awesome addition by @hp79. Make sure to smack his "like" button.
[Enable soft menu keys]
edit "/system/build.prop", and add at the bottom:

Code:
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
[Optional] Disable hardwired buttons.
edit "/system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl", comment out these two lines so it looks like this:
Code:
# key 139 MENU
# key 158 BACK
After using a while, I found it works best if I keep the hardware buttons enabled too. Back key is now on both left and right side so it's easier to reach when using with one hand.

[Optional] Disable 3-dot menu button. When you enable soft-keys, there will be an additional menu shown in every app. This could waste lot of space. You should have Xposed mod installed, then look for Noverflow, and install that.
Noverflow xposed mod.
This doesn't work on Galaxy S5 Port Update 4 ROM, but works well with stock NC2 ROM.

[Optional] Once softmenu keys are added, you have less screen space. The Dialer app doesn't know how to scale, so you would have the bottom row keys chopped off a bit. You can make change the DPI settings so it'll shrink and be able to see everything.
Default screen DPI is 480. I changed it to 450.
Edit file "/system/build.prop", look for the line with "ro.sf.lcd_density=480" and edit so it looks like this:
Code:
ro.sf.lcd_density=450
[Optional] Remove AT&T wifi autoconnect.
I don't know why, but even if I uncheck autoconnect AT&T wifi, it still keeps trying. And you can't really remove the profile either.
Edit "/data/misc/wpa_supplicant.conf"
Look for "ssid="attwifi". Change that to something like this:
Code:
ssid="attwifi-sucks"
8. For those who are having GPS not locking problems, I've found this fix on XDA YouTube channel. What it is, is just download the file that has your country's/region's name from this website and throw it into your system/etc then reset your permissions to rw-r-r and reboot. It worked like a boss for me and I hope that for you, too.
Just follow what this video says http://youtu.be/oU67XHD0kj4

-Another fix for the GPS, just in case the above didn't work for you, found by @39FarmallM (thank you, sir):
I am going to quote his post for you guys:

"http://www.rom-central.com/showthrea...te-3-Rom-N9005 <==[This is where he found his fixes]

[SOLUTION] GPS Fix - When moving back to Note 3 Rom {N9005}

Hi guys

A lot of users have GPS problems when they move back to a NOTE 3 ROM after flashing a S5 PORT ROM.

Here is a possible fix. Tested only on N9005

Solution 1

On your dialer type in this USSD *#0011#

Press menu key > press back

Press menu key > press key input > Q

Press menu key > press key input > 0000

Wait for a few seconds and the screen options will change

*MAIN MENU comes up

*Tap [2] UE SETTING & INFO

*Tap [1] SETTING

*Tap [2] SYSTEM

Press om UMTS (Not there)

Press on Common (Not there)

*Press on [3] NV Rebuild

Press on NV Rebuild (Just once)

*[3] ALL

Wait for 30 seconds and then shutdown your phone

Power On phone

GPS should work fine now

Recommend to use GPS STATUS app to reset and download AGPS Data

Solution 2

Assuming you are on a S5 Port ROM, make sure GPS is enabled

Boot into recovery and without wiping anything "dirty" flash a note 3 rom and reboot

There will be a lot of force closes once reboot is complete. Reboot back into recovery

Wipe data and reboot into the Rom again. There may be a few force closes. Reboot back into recovery

Wipe 3 times (data, cache, system, boot)

I recommend latest Philz Recovery (use intall new rom option to wipe) <== [This is for those who have unlocked bootloaders and are able to flash a custom recovery. It still works with Safestrap, just in case you wonder]

Restore or install your desired Note 3 rom

GPS should work fine

Thanks"

-A Third fix by @rogerinnyc (thank you, sir). And since he has attached a zip file for you guys then I will just give you the link to his post and you do the rest

Hope that helps some of you guys. If anyone has a fix that I don't know about, please just pm me and I'll add it to op. Enjoy fellas.

@K-alz: i was wondering to find a fix for my i337 AT&T running lollipop now and no root at all, would you please find something for this anoying thing and kick it out it sucks every time. Thanks in advance.
15th April 2015, 01:28 PM |#56  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by talvigi

@K-alz: i was wondering to find a fix for my i337 AT&T running lollipop now and no root at all, would you please find something for this anoying thing and kick it out it sucks every time. Thanks in advance.

You need to be more specific, man. What phone is that? What thing do you want to kick out?
Your whole comment didn't make sense to me! Lol

from my lollipoped Alianced N3!
15th April 2015, 02:53 PM |#57  
Flag Gwadar
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Smile
Quote:

You need to be more specific, man. What phone is that? What thing do you want to kick out?
Your whole comment didn't make sense to me! Lol

from my lollipoped Alianced N3!

Well thanks a lot for your quick dear @K-alz reply my phone is an AT&T Galaxy S4 i337 and i want to kick out the AT&T's contact/Address book services which disturbs me a lot Thank, i am by the way now lollipop which is shown as i337UCUGOC3 on about device.
15th April 2015, 03:46 PM |#58  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by talvigi

Well thanks a lot for your quick dear @K-alz reply my phone is an AT&T Galaxy S4 i337 and i want to kick out the AT&T's contact/Address book services which disturbs me a lot Thank, i am by the way now lollipop which is shown as i337UCUGOC3 on about device.

If you can use root explorer then I'm thinking it's the same, so just follow the guide in the OP and it'll help you get rid of it.

From my Allianced S5!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread