FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

XCOM Enemy Unknown crashes

365 posts
Thanks Meter: 79

By dodo99x, Senior Member on 30th April 2014, 02:26 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Anyone else trying to run this game? Can't get through a mission without getting booted back to desktop/launcher several times. Seems to make the tablet run very hot. Had some minor success with resting the tablet (near the camera) on a frozen cooler pack (for camping etc...). So frustrating.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

30th April 2014, 09:11 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo99x

Anyone else trying to run this game? Can't get through a mission without getting booted back to desktop/launcher several times. Seems to make the tablet run very hot. Had some minor success with resting the tablet (near the camera) on a frozen cooler pack (for camping etc...). So frustrating.

I have same problem, but on note 2014.

Quote:

without getting booted back to desktop/launcher several times

seems like some RAM management problem. as far as I know, when Android had some problem with RAM, it kill's all apps/services - I've notice this, since after "crash" all my background services were restarted. So I think it's more Android problem. on the other hand, XCOM is still v1 so I think there will be some updates with improvements.
30th April 2014, 03:52 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ottawa

More
From what I can tell, all Exynos devices seem to be affected. I always have about 2gb free ram before I play, so it can't be Android purging it from memory, but you never know...

7th May 2014, 04:53 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ottawa

More
Seems 2k Games decided to pull compatibility for all Exynos devices for this game. Play Store now says the game isn't compatible anymore. Guess I have to kiss my 12$ goodbye...

10th May 2014, 10:37 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Unhappy
Quote:

Seems 2k Games decided to pull compatibility for all Exynos devices for this game. Play Store now says the game isn't compatible anymore. Guess I have to kiss my 12$ goodbye...

that sucks, i just got my tab pro 12.2 and was looking forward to playing this game.
15th April 2015, 04:27 PM |#6  
Flag Mackay
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Thumbs up This works now
I just tried installing the apk file from my note 3, and it works fine. On the note 3 it was awful, too dark to see anything. On the note pro 12, it is perfect. I bought it recently as it was about half price at $6 au. No regrets at all!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)