What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more

PSA: Google Play Services Wakelock Affects Many 5.x ROMs

Wakelocks are the bane of the battery conscious, and this wakelock bug has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[THOR] Successfully rolled back to 13.3.1.0 (Safestrap working)

12th April 2015, 03:54 AM |#311  
Thanks Meter: 134

309 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylooor

I only have safestrap recovery installed. I found this to install native TWRP but it says to have 3.2.3.2 installed already: http://forum.xda-developers.com/kind...pollo-t2991155

Hum. The prerequisite for 3.2.3.2 is new; I flashed an older version of twrp directly from 13.1.0. You can find 3.2.3.2 here (Thor/Apollo). I have not flashed these updates myself and don't have MD5s for validation. Use at your own risk. Once installed you will need to root and re-establish OTA blocking. Make sure WiFi is disabled prior to upgrading. Standard caution: flashing roms (or any other component) is dangerous and can lead to a permanent brick. Make sure you are 100% comfortable with each step before continuing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Davey126 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

12th April 2015, 06:37 PM |#312  
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Hum. The prerequisite for 3.2.3.2 is new; I flashed an older version of twrp directly from 13.1.0. You can find 3.2.3.2 here (Thor/Apollo). I have not flashed these updates myself and don't have MD5s for validation. Use at your own risk. Once installed you will need to root and re-establish OTA blocking. Make sure WiFi is disabled prior to upgrading. Standard caution: flashing roms (or any other component) is dangerous and can lead to a permanent brick. Make sure you are 100% comfortable with each step before continuing.

Thank you so much, I'd started giving up hope of finding it... Probably improved my XDA search skills a bit
16th April 2015, 12:06 AM |#313  
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
Hey, wanted to update just in case you were curious. Actually made it to CM12 with your help. I love my new tablet, so nice to wave goodbye to the Amazon stuff. I keep eyeballing unlocking my bootloader and installing CM12 but I think I'd better hedge my bets and keep it safe. The bootloader unlock procedure looks pretty intimidating to me. Is there a simple tool out there to do it?
16th April 2015, 03:02 AM |#314  
Thanks Meter: 134

309 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylooor

Hey, wanted to update just in case you were curious. Actually made it to CM12 with your help. I love my new tablet, so nice to wave goodbye to the Amazon stuff. I keep eyeballing unlocking my bootloader and installing CM12 but I think I'd better hedge my bets and keep it safe. The bootloader unlock procedure looks pretty intimidating to me. Is there a simple tool out there to do it?

Hey Taylooor, thanks for posting back; glad you made it to CM11 without serious incident. Throw in Xposed framework and a few modules like GravityBox and you have many of the most desirable CM12 features. Not all tweaks work on CM11 as GravityBox and similar tools were designed for AOSP unless otherwise specified.

The bootloader unlock procedure is actually pretty easy (and not especially risky) once you understand the required steps and have assembled all the necessary pieces. Hurdles include deciphering instructions, deciding which approach/tool to use (there are several) and dealing with host driver issues - especially on Windows. Those barriers are slowly flattening as more people share their experiences and problem resolutions. While I don't think there will ever be a 'one click' tool you might benefit by waiting a bit as someone is bound write up a streamlined guide.
The Following User Says Thank You to Davey126 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread