FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[IMP][ZU_GPe][How-To] Restore to original Google Play Edition firmware!

13,136 posts
Thanks Meter: 39,534

By DooMLoRD, Recognized Developer on 24th May 2014, 12:53 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
1st January 2015, 05:24 PM |#81  
Moderator Committee Lead / Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Flag At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Thanks Meter: 6,564

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by couldnthinkaone

Good morning all. New to the Sony phone scene, coming from 1+1. Having a lot of issues with Lollipop on my GPe. I bought it used, with a broken screen.
I installed a new screen and 5.0 was downloaded ota. I figured 'what the heck...' And decided to try it. Downloaded the ota, factory reset, flashed, factory reset again, then setup. Having a lot of wifi issues. Tried reseting and setup phone again, but to no avail. I'm assuming I can flash the 4.4.2 in this thread, but is there anything I should do to prepare? I have NO backups of anything...I have the bootloader unlock instructions and key from sony, just curious if I should flash the old rom and update back to 4.4.4 thru ota's, or just wait another couple weeks for the 5.0.1/5.0.2 patch...

Good-n Confused,
Scott

Back up your TA partition before you unlock the device. Once you unlock the bootloader, the auto focus on the camera will no longer work on android versions over 4.4.2.

As far as bugs, 5.0.2 supposedly fixed a bunch of things. So it might be worth waiting just for now. And just an FYI, you will not be able to downgrade without unlocking the bootloader anyways.

There are two rules in life for being successful:

1. Never reveal everything you know;
The Following User Says Thank You to egzthunder1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

1st January 2015, 05:28 PM |#82  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by egzthunder1

Back up your TA partition before you unlock the device. Once you unlock the bootloader, the auto focus on the camera will no longer work on android versions over 4.4.2.

As far as bugs, 5.0.2 supposedly fixed a bunch of things. So it might be worth waiting just for now. And just an FYI, you will not be able to downgrade without unlocking the bootloader anyways.

Can the bootloader be relocked, and the device updated to 4.4.4 with OTA updates, of am i stuck with an even more unusable camera than i already had?
1st January 2015, 07:56 PM |#83  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,637

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by couldnthinkaone

Can the bootloader be relocked, and the device updated to 4.4.4 with OTA updates, of am i stuck with an even more unusable camera than i already had?

As you cant get root on 5.0.x as of now, and root is needed to back up the TA (thus preserve the camera auto focus), I would stay with 5 untill the update to 5.0.2
The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2015, 08:47 PM |#84  
Moderator Committee Lead / Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Flag At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Thanks Meter: 6,564

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

As you cant get root on 5.0.x as of now, and root is needed to back up the TA (thus preserve the camera auto focus), I would stay with 5 untill the update to 5.0.2

Ahh right! Forgot about that little detail about root being required.... My bad.

One thing worth mentioning is that one of our mods in the Developer Committee talked to jerpelea about this and we might see a "fix" for this sometime soon (it doesn't go much further than this, but it is a glimmer of hope I guess)

The Following User Says Thank You to egzthunder1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd January 2015, 08:31 PM |#85  
Flag Austin, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

Well crap...oh well. One more thing i should have researched before switching...oh well. Very happy with the Z Ultra...I'll just wait longer...

Thanks guys!
16th April 2015, 04:55 AM |#86  

More
When i get to side load step adb doesnt see the device anymore. Can someone help me out? Do i have to use adb to flash back to stock ? Can i just flash the stock rom from sd card or from the phones internal storage?
16th April 2015, 02:15 PM |#87  

More
I got adb to function, but now I run into error 7 message and something about not being able to install over newer version. Currently the phone is in cyanogen mod . wit KitKat 4.4.4 I want to get it back to stock so I can send it out to Sony for the hair line cracks in the screen someone help me please
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread