FORUMS

XPrivacy for Android Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Have you ever been on the Google Play Store and saw an app that you wanted to … more

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

QuickCharge 2.0

13th February 2015, 04:16 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaadilhx

I generally use my samsung galaxy tab charger with my z2 because the Sony's 1500mah charger is very slow. An old htc 1a charger is faster than Sony's charger using Sony's usb cable.

Using the samsung official 5v 2a charger with a cheap magnetic 2 meter cable provides around 1300mah. Charge voltage starts around 4.1 rising to 5v slowly. 2 hours will achieve near 80% at 1% every 1 minute 29 seconds. Nearer to the end of charge the rate and voltage decreases, so it's slow charged at that point until full.

I haven't recorded the figures but the phone is accepting higher charge current, so I try to find a good balance to avoid too much heat. A higher quality magnetic cable will likely be faster but may also generate more heat, but not much problem on cold winter desks or surfaces.

If Sony wanted quick charge they would have an official charger, for now they aren't bothered.

It would be good to know the official figures and charger, rate etc using the z3. Is it still a 1.5a charger?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

What app did you use to record voltage?

Sent from my D6633 using XDA Free mobile app

13th February 2015, 09:05 AM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I normally use a combination of apps, current widget, battery by Macropinch & system monitor to try and verify accuracy and timing.

I tried to do a full charge with the original charger & Sony usb again and closely checked the details, 3 apps running, connectivity off, night filter active while screen on to check figures but otherwise screen off, it's been so slow via usb cable.

from 1% battery 28c, 3.6v 1a 1059ma max

After 1 hour 33% - 32.5c 3.9v - up to 1a similar current fluctuating but mostly near 1a.

11:40 2 hours 65% 32c - 4.1v 850/900ma sight drop in charge current.

Didn't complete charge with Sony charger, it's just too slow but of course after 80% charge speed is slow also.

Can anyone verify whether this Sony charger is ever supplying the quoted output?

13th February 2015, 08:16 PM |#53  
Flag Tawau
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:

I generally use my samsung galaxy tab charger with my z2 because the Sony's 1500mah charger is very slow. An old htc 1a charger is faster than Sony's charger using Sony's usb cable.

Using the samsung official 5v 2a charger with a cheap magnetic 2 meter cable provides around 1300mah. Charge voltage starts around 4.1 rising to 5v slowly. 2 hours will achieve near 80% at 1% every 1 minute 29 seconds. Nearer to the end of charge the rate and voltage decreases, so it's slow charged at that point until full.

I haven't recorded the figures but the phone is accepting higher charge current, so I try to find a good balance to avoid too much heat. A higher quality magnetic cable will likely be faster but may also generate more heat, but not much problem on cold winter desks or surfaces.

If Sony wanted quick charge they would have an official charger, for now they aren't bothered.

It would be good to know the official figures and charger, rate etc using the z3. Is it still a 1.5a charger?

Whats the different of heat between the samsung tab and sony stock charger? Did the samsung tab charger heat the battery so much?

Sent from my D6503
14th February 2015, 02:50 AM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 493

More
Quote:

Can anyone verify whether this Sony charger is ever supplying the quoted output?

This and That on an EP880 1.5A
Tested via Hardware.... i don't trust no Software app!
21st February 2015, 10:17 PM |#55  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Yes I've noticed software gives various results sometimes more fluctuation in charge.

What I can say for sure is the original charger & cable via usb port is the slowest charge.

Still with the Sony magnetic charger it's slow but ...

Using my Samsung 2A charger via the magnetic port it's significantly faster charging. Meaning saving 1 hour off charging time. Full charge from 1% in 2:30 minutes. Better efficiency with Sony magnetic dock than genetic device.

Temperature goes to around 37c at higher charging rate, over 40c if device is in use.

6th April 2015, 03:33 AM |#56  
North Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

Yes I've noticed software gives various results sometimes more fluctuation in charge.

What I can say for sure is the original charger & cable via usb port is the slowest charge.

Still with the Sony magnetic charger it's slow but ...

Using my Samsung 2A charger via the magnetic port it's significantly faster charging. Meaning saving 1 hour off charging time. Full charge from 1% in 2:30 minutes. Better efficiency with Sony magnetic dock than genetic device.

Temperature goes to around 37c at higher charging rate, over 40c if device is in use.

Samsung 2A charger's voltage is a little bit over 5V, at between 5.35 and 5.45V. With a very thick and low impedance cable, you can have the phone (Sony Z2) charge up to 1.7A constantly, either with magnetic dock or microUSB.

I'm a control freak, which is why I got the dongles to tell me how much current is the phone taking in. If you do not provide a "raised voltage" supply, the voltage will drop too low for the phone to draw 1.7A, with standard 5V USB power it will stop at around 1.3A even with 18AWG micro USB cables. With even thinner cable and standard 5V supply, it will drop to about 0.9A.

The phone detects the voltage change in input power, and is very careful to stop drawing higher current if voltage drops too much. This is done to protect the power supply from overload, and it kept increasing current to the point where the voltage hits the stop point set in the phone. I think Amazon is using a similar system on their tablets, this allow the phone/tablet to adept to almost any power supply without blowing them up. But I think Sony is just being a little too careful there, and a bit too stingy with their USB cable. That cable is just not passing enough current/too much resistance!
Last edited by zycamaniac; 7th April 2015 at 11:59 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to zycamaniac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2015, 08:54 AM |#57  
North Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Anyone got their Z2 running the new lollipop from Sony and see if QC 2.0 is enabled or not?
16th April 2015, 03:09 PM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zycamaniac

Anyone got their Z2 running the new lollipop from Sony and see if QC 2.0 is enabled or not?

Have noticed this on my z3. Is there a way to check on the kernel? Definitely My Z3 charges slowly after this lollipop update.

Sent from my SGP621 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread