Do You Check for App Updates Regularly?

Do you let app updates happen automatically or do you regularly check for them? We’re … more

Find The Best Apps With Google’s Picks & Other Tricks

The Google Play Store, weighing in with more than 1.4 million apps at last … more

Dynamic Pop for Note 4 (N910T & 910W8)

With the release of the Canadian Lollipop ROM for the Note 4, T-Mobile users can also enjoy the … more

Sunday Debate: Better to Buy Older or Newer Hardware?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on New vs. Old. Come with your opinions and feel … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[APP] adbFire 1.23 FireTV Companion Win/Mac/Linux

14th April 2015, 08:37 PM |#741  
Thanks Meter: 8

65 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

Some of you may have moved Kodi data to extUsb using the directions found here. Unfortunately, this breaks backup/restore and push/pull/delete in adbFire.

Version 1.24 will offer a method of automating the data move and will of course have working backup/restore and push/pull/delete for systems with external usb data.

Can you please add SPMC data move as well. Thank you.

15th April 2015, 01:54 AM |#742  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala
Thanks Meter: 2,169

2,589 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bula1ca

Can you please add SPMC data move as well. Thank you.

Full data relocation for Kodi and SPMC are working now (in testing). Full data relocation isn't supported by XBMC (Gotham), and the currently published TVMC is Gotham-based, so it's not supported there either.
The Following User Says Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2015, 11:53 AM |#743  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Question pushed .zip files to sdcard, now I can't delete them
I really need your help guys!

I pushed 3 large prerooted roms (.zip format) to my fire tv. I selected "sdcard" in the dropdown menu in ADB Fire. I no longer need the files and they take up a LOT of space.

I have tried browsing and searching for the files with WinSCP from my PC with a ftp connection, and with Astro File manager installed on the Fire tv. But I cannot find the files. I also tried using ADB Fire to delete but cannot find the files.

I am able to see the files in CWM recovery when I select "install zip"->"choose zip from sdcard". They seem to be placed directly in the root folder on the same level as the "o/" and "legacy" folder.

What to do?
15th April 2015, 03:05 PM |#744  

65 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henningdalgaard

I pushed 3 large prerooted roms (.zip format) to my fire tv. I selected "sdcard" in the dropdown menu in ADB Fire. I no longer need the files and they take up a LOT of space.

I have tried browsing and searching for the files with WinSCP from my PC with a ftp connection, and with Astro File manager installed on the Fire tv. But I cannot find the files. I also tried using ADB Fire to delete but cannot find the files.

I am able to see the files in CWM recovery when I select "install zip"->"choose zip from sdcard". They seem to be placed directly in the root folder on the same level as the "o/" and "legacy" folder.

What to do?

Use ESfile app, select location were you pushed them and delete them.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Quote:

Full data relocation for Kodi and SPMC are working now (in testing). Full data relocation isn't supported by XBMC (Gotham), and the currently published TVMC is Gotham-based, so it's not supported there either.

Thank you, I belive only XBMC 14 version supports data relocation.
15th April 2015, 05:58 PM |#745  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

2,589 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

What to do?

Does adbFire 1.23 Delete not see the files you pushed?
15th April 2015, 07:16 PM |#746  

9 posts
Quote:

Does adbFire 1.23 Delete not see the files you pushed?

No, it does not but CWM does see the files.

[QUOTE=bula1ca;60129719]Use ESfile app, select location were you pushed them and delete them.[COLOR="Silver"]
I tried both ESFile and Astro File manager but they seem to be unable to find the files.
15th April 2015, 09:20 PM |#747  

65 posts
[QUOTE=henningdalgaard;60134920]No, it does not but CWM does see the files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bula1ca

Use ESfile app, select location were you pushed them and delete them.[COLOR="Silver"]
I tried both ESFile and Astro File manager but they seem to be unable to find the files.

No idea what you did, ES works very well. Are you sure you are searching in the right location?

Wait a sec! What s/w version are you on? Do you have an USB (EXT4) drive connected to your FireTv using MountDataToUSB.zip?
15th April 2015, 11:46 PM |#748  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

2,589 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No, it does not but CWM does see the files.

Sorry, I can't duplicate your issue. When I push to /sdcard with adbFire, the files are immediately visible to adbFire's delete. If you're using adbFire 1.23 an easy solution to finding "lost" files is to use the ADB Shell button and the linux find command. Open a shell console then:

Rooted:
Code:
find /sdcard/ -name *.zip
Not rooted:
Code:
/data/local/tmp/find /sdcard/ -name *.zip
Once you know where the files are you can cd to the location and use the command rm to delete them.

Code:
cd /sdcard/some/folder
rm filename.zip
16th April 2015, 07:12 AM |#749  

9 posts
thanks for the replies. I use the latest version.
What is the exact path of the push folder?

I'll try adb if I cannot find it.
16th April 2015, 04:42 PM |#750  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

2,589 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

thanks for the replies. I use the latest version.
What is the exact path of the push folder?

I'll try adb if I cannot find it.

The exact path for the sdcard partition is /sdcard

It's also mounted to /data/media/0
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, android, firetv, xbmc
Previous Thread Next Thread