What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more

PSA: Google Play Services Wakelock Affects Many 5.x ROMs

Wakelocks are the bane of the battery conscious, and this wakelock bug has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Easy guide to root your tablet and keep your warranty

19th January 2015, 05:38 PM |#61  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 33

312 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek

Sounds like downgrading to 4.4.2 is our only option, why the hell was the towelroot method patched. What idiot thought that was a good idea?

Can you please post the link for downgrading to 4.4.2 for the SGP512/US version? Thanks in advance - I'm having a rough time finding the correct instructions. I have tried some and still failed to get root.

20th January 2015, 02:38 PM |#62  
Flag USA

312 posts
More
Update: I was successfully able to downgrade to 4.4.2 ROM, but now easy root will not run. Even after downloading tr.apk and placing it in the specified folders, the batch file fails to find tr.apk , and also "curl" is not recognized either. THanks in advance for any assistance here. I'll be going back thru this thread again to see if I missed anything.
20th January 2015, 07:19 PM |#63  
Flag USA

312 posts
More
UPDATE-2: Yeah....I definitely missed some things. Happy to report that all is well with the universe once again in my happy, rooted world. LOL!!!
6th February 2015, 06:20 PM |#64  
Flag Montpellier
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
What are the spécifications of your tablet ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb10042

Well, seems that was the "easy guide" Thanks!

btw.: my SGP512 is now rooted and the guide helped me very much!

Hi
Before doing stupid things, I asked whether this solution worked for Xperia Z2 SGP512 tablet.
I was told that it depended on the version of android and kernel and further, it did not work with Android 4.4.4 and 4.3
I see we have the same tablet. What were the specifications of your hold when you did the root?

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kof69

Work fine.
Rooted SGP512 32Go with FW .402
Thanks.

Salut,
J'ai une tablette z2 sgp512 et avant de faire des conneries, j'ai préféré demander si le présent guide fonctionnait pour elle.
On m'a répondu que sa dépendait de la version Android et du kernel et qu'en tout état de cause, ça ne marchait pas pour android 4.4.4 et 4.3
Moi je suis en 4.4.2
Toi qui semble avoir réussi l'opération, quelles étaient les spécifs de ta tablette avant le root ?
18th February 2015, 03:45 PM |#65  
Lyon, France
Thanks Meter: 13

23 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamyr

Salut,
J'ai une tablette z2 sgp512 et avant de faire des conneries, j'ai préféré demander si le présent guide fonctionnait pour elle.
On m'a répondu que sa dépendait de la version Android et du kernel et qu'en tout état de cause, ça ne marchait pas pour android 4.4.4 et 4.3
Moi je suis en 4.4.2
Toi qui semble avoir réussi l'opération, quelles étaient les spécifs de ta tablette avant le root ?

Salut,
c'est une SGP512 WiFi qui était en 4.4.2 au moment du root
18th February 2015, 03:54 PM |#66  
Flag Montpellier

12 posts
More
Super merci, ça tombe impec, je vais pouvoir me lancer sans trembler
Yesterday, 06:34 AM |#67  

2 posts
My new Z2 tablet is arriving today, will I be able to use the method in the OP to root? I believe is comes with kitkat but not sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire

Just some tips.
1) Copy towelroot apk first to the folder.
2) Set display timeout to 5 minutes max
3) Verify ADB works by typing adb devices in the CMD window. Don't forget to confirm on the tablet
4) Make sure you confirm (on the tablet) when running the bat file (probably will ask you a couple of times.
5) Run the bat file 2 or 3 times until it finishes properly (I had to do this 3 times)
6) Make sure you install SuperSU from market. Reboot if needed
7) I used root explorer to set the /system to RW.
8) SuperSU should update binary when you open it.

Other than #2 and possibly #5, I don't really understand this. How will this affect the process if I do/don't do it?

Also, will the OP method work on the Z2 phone (D6053)?

Sorry for all the noob questions, I've never rooted before and I REALLY don't want to brick my new tablet
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread