What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more

PSA: Google Play Services Wakelock Affects Many 5.x ROMs

Wakelocks are the bane of the battery conscious, and this wakelock bug has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Tronsmart PS7 MTK6592 7" Phablet Unboxing, Review, and Root!

15th April 2015, 10:56 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 61

338 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsian0

The pboblem with L-Style both (nibiru, 4pda) is that with the screen on, it drains very quickly, no matter what do you do, but in standy it consumes almost nothing.

Indeed. You literally can look at the battery meter and every 50 seconds the percentage goes down one number. No matter if you have the brightness %

I have L-Style installed since yesterday (I didn't installed Honduras as planned, as I downloaded the Zip file two times, and both times the file was corrupted) and, aside that yesterday it went again from 70% to 0% in 15 seconds, I recharged it and the battery graphic is something like this:

------_______
\
\
\
\
\ ------------______

Edit: Well, what do I know. I was trying the camera app (Lenovo Super Camera) and as soon as I started, the phone shuts down. And then I restarted and the battery is now at 3% (from 70% when I started the app). Yesterday was when I started a game. I guess all intensive processor use causes this behavior. I can use the web, read some news, answer emails and use Whatsapp and the battery meter goes down quick, but normal.
I don't really know if it is my battery or the motherboard is shutting down.
Thank you.
Last edited by estuardo4; 15th April 2015 at 11:26 PM.

16th April 2015, 06:23 PM |#512  

338 posts
Huawei
Now Huawei will have not one, but two large screen phones.

First it was the Mediapad X2 and now it is the P8 Max

http://consumer.huawei.com/minisite/worldwide/p8max/

One is a 7" screen and the other is 6.8" with almost no bezel.

My guess is that it will be more expensive than the Mediapad X2, but not by much. Or even the same price. Looking at the specs, it is difficult to see which is better. The P8 Max is slimmer by 1 cm. But the battery is larger on the X2 (5000mAH vs 4380mAH)

Edit: The price of the P8 Max is way out of my league. It is said to be $585 USD. Not for me. Let's hope the price of the LeTV one is cheaper.

Hopefully some other phones will be out soon.
Last edited by estuardo4; Yesterday at 10:49 PM.
16th April 2015, 07:37 PM |#513  
Thanks Meter: 31

108 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by estuardo4

Now Huawei will have not one, but two large screen phones.

First it was the Mediapad X2 and now it is the P8 Max

http://consumer.huawei.com/minisite/worldwide/p8max/

One is a 7" screen and the other is 6.8" with almost no bezel.

My guess is that it will be more expensive than the Mediapad X2, but not by much. Or even the same price. Looking at the specs, it is difficult to see which is better. The P8 Max is slimmer by 1 cm. But the battery is larger on the X2 (5000mAH vs 4380mAH)

Hopefully some other phones will be out soon.

Those are damn fine devices, but way too expensives for my budget.

Since monday night i'm using honduras, no problem with imeis, the touch improved but not so smooth as in nibiru, and after 2 or 3 cycles of charge, the battery life still very poor, i don't know why, with biscuits my battery use to last more than 4 hrs sot, i hope than in a week or two it settles down.
it could be that flashing roms from another bases left something behind, that don't get wiped through normal flashes and affects battery stats?
or our batterys got too worn in the process?
Later i will try a complete format and fresh install with spflash tools if the battery life doesn't improve.
Last edited by marsian0; 16th April 2015 at 07:46 PM.
16th April 2015, 08:09 PM |#514  

338 posts
Quote:

Those are damn fine devices, but way too expensives for my budget..

Yes. They are. I haven't seen new 7" phones with Mediatek processors in the $200-$300 range. Nothing from Doogee, Mlais, Tronsmart, Ulefone nor others. Really depressing. But when you compare the price from these Huaweis to the price i can get in my country a smaller screen phone like the Samsung Note 4 or the Nexus 6, then it is indeed a good price. These Huaweis will be (my guess) in the $350-$500 range. The Note or Nexus are at the $700-$900 range at my country.

Quote:

Since monday night i'm using honduras, no problem with imeis, the touch improved but not so smooth as in nibiru, and after 2 or 3 cycles of charge, the battery life still very poor, i don't know why, with biscuits my battery use to last more than 4 hrs sot, i hope than in a week or two it settles down.
it could be that flashing roms from another bases left something behind, that don't get wiped through normal flashes and affects battery stats?
or our batterys got too worn in the process?
Later i will try a complete format and fresh install with spflash tools if the battery life doesn't improve.

When I use Flashtools, I always format my devise and then use the "firmware upgrade" option. I don't think that flashing too many times can affect battery life. My guess is that they use a cheap battery to feed our devises. Generic batteries that only last 6 months. I don't see any other explanation. Good thing the replacements are cheap. I'll use a voltmeter to check the energy output of my new battery as soon as it arrive.
Yesterday, 12:12 PM |#515  
Thanks Meter: 13

79 posts
I do not think the daydream is causing the phone to discharge that much, but probably keeping the phone in daydream allows other apps to not go into sleep properly and continuosly run in background causing the phone to overheat and consume battery and ruin it, anyway I also had problems with battery, also the charger given with the phone is really poor quality, as it was causing the classic high pitched noise when something is wrong, and it also charged the phone slowly compared to a usb connection, the usb cable given with the phone is also poor quality, At least for my ulefone u7.
For me the battery lasts 4 hours full playing videos, I think it is allright. What I also noticed sometime ago is that the schedule poweron&off feature can cause problems in battery readings.
The Following User Says Thank You to natostanco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 05:55 PM |#516  

338 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by natostanco

I do not think the daydream is causing the phone to discharge that much, but probably keeping the phone in daydream allows other apps to not go into sleep properly and continuosly run in background causing the phone to overheat and consume battery and ruin it, anyway I also had problems with battery, also the charger given with the phone is really poor quality, as it was causing the classic high pitched noise when something is wrong, and it also charged the phone slowly compared to a usb connection, the usb cable given with the phone is also poor quality, At least for my ulefone u7.
For me the battery lasts 4 hours full playing videos, I think it is allright. What I also noticed sometime ago is that the schedule poweron&off feature can cause problems in battery readings.

That's exactly what people on the other forum said. And giving that Mediatek devises are at the beginning stages of development, their power management leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm conscious that this is a cheap phone, and the OEM had to cut some corners due to the high quality LCD screen. My USB cable broke at the second week of use and my power supply didn't work out of the box. But, as I said, the screen is great and the faceplate, although is not Gorilla glass, is really strong and scratch resistant. But another cut corner is the battery.

My phone at the beginning also gave me 4 hours of SOT. I miss those days...
Yesterday, 11:05 PM |#517  

338 posts
tabnabs,

I read your posts on 4PDA. It seems that you discovered that the system's processor is stuck at 1144 MHz when the screen is on and no activity is made. I noticed this too. What I'm going to do is set the processor max speed to 845MHz on the "Performace Control" on the advance settings screen. Just when I read the news in the morning, just to check on the battery drainage.

The thing here is that Mediatek processors does not like to be tinkered, but let's see if I get something from it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
tronsmart-ps7
Previous Thread Next Thread