FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[GUIDE][UPDATED] How to deodex stock kitkat roms

8th March 2015, 04:12 PM |#161  
Flag North East
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndikaTedja

For those doesnt know how to deodex kitkat roms, here is a guide to deodex your rom
This tool is based on kamome tool for Xperia 4.4, so i edit it a little

ALWAYS DO A NANDROID BACKUP

Pre-requested :

1. Java
  2. Rooted phone
  3. Odexed rom
  4. USB Debugging enabled (If you want to pull files from your device)
  5. Custom Recovery (Tested on CWM)

Download :
Non Zipalign :
Kitkat_Deodexer
Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Please dont make another mirrors

With Zipalign
Kitkat_Deodexer_With_Zipalign
Mirror 1
Please dont make another mirrors

Guide :
  1. Extract downloaded tool
  2. Run main.bat
  3. Type 1 to create working folder
  4. Plug in your phone, then type 2 to pull files from your device
    This step can be skipped if you manually copy /system/app, /system/framework, /system/priv-app to /Kitkat_Deodexer/system
  5. Type 3 to start deodexing
  6. Type 4 to zipalign apks (not tested by me)
  7. Type 5 to create flashable zip
    This step also can be skipped if you want to build your own flashable zip by editing updater-script
  8. Done

To install it :
  1. Copy deodex_install.zip to your sdcard
  2. Go to CWM recovery
  3. Flash the zip
  4. Done

Note:
  1. Zipalign tested and worked by @thisisapoorusernamechoice

Credits :
Thanks to @hagurekamome
@RyokoN
@liv3dn8as for adding zipalign

If you dont understand, broken link, errors, please reply

Hi mate, could you redo your great deodex tool so it will work on Lollipop ROM's? Thanks.

11th March 2015, 10:45 AM |#162  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
on 9506 4.4.2 stock, looks like it work...

but after flashing zip i need to clear cache or something, or after flashing it, it's all done?

i did it just to use this mod but it doesn't work, and i don't know if depends on the incorrect deodex or in the mod
Last edited by washwash; 11th March 2015 at 10:50 AM.
12th March 2015, 06:02 AM |#163  
Flag Fort Myers, Florida
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by washwash

on 9506 4.4.2 stock, looks like it work...

but after flashing zip i need to clear cache or something, or after flashing it, it's all done?

i did it just to use this mod but it doesn't work, and i don't know if depends on the incorrect deodex or in the mod

Basically when you deodex a ROM you are extracting the classes.dex from the odex files and placing them inside the apk and jar files they belong to and the first time you reboot after deodexing, the classes.dex from your newly deodexed apk and jar files get copied to /data/dalvik-cache
Because that's all that really changes, no wiping is needed.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Ive used this tool a couple times to deodex the stock firmwares for my phone and it deodexes the apk and jar files just fine. It does have a couple issues though.
First, when I use the new version with zipalign, I get a notification when I reboot saying that "application installer has stopped." This really isn't a big deal since I can use Ricky's ROM Kitchen (which ironically doesn't work correctly for deodexing lol) to zipalign everything.
Second, the first time I used this tool (the old version without zipalign) everything worked perfectly but now, for some reason, the odex files are still present in the app, priv-app, and framework folders and have to be deleted manually. Upon closer inspection I noticed that the del_odex.sh file is missing from the zip and when I use 7zip to copy it into the new zip it works just fine.

My device is Samsung Galaxy Avant SM-G386T.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Masterchief87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2015, 05:21 PM |#164  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle01642

Hi mate, could you redo your great deodex tool so it will work on Lollipop ROM's? Thanks.

+1
13th March 2015, 03:07 AM |#165  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile confused
how to know if it works ? i got some error but it finished and installed the zip on my device mt6592 4.4.2.
13th March 2015, 03:27 AM |#166  
Flag Fort Myers, Florida
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilkevinaxl

how to know if it works ? i got some error but it finished and installed the zip on my device mt6592 4.4.2.

If you haven't experienced any problems after flashing the zip it made and you dont have any odex files in /system/app, /system/priv-app, and /system/framework
then that means that it worked fine.
17th March 2015, 12:33 AM |#167  
Flag Baltimore, Maryland
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Thumbs up gs3 sph-l710t
Thankz alot great work my friend! Work perfectly. Deodex my stock 4.4.2 rom. Rooted/deodex/zipaligned.... couldn't ask for anything better then that. Just like I wanted. AGAIN great work! Thank you so much. Easy as it gets. I recommend this to everyone. It was quick, easy and works like a charm.
25th March 2015, 11:17 AM |#168  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denpasar, Bali
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Lollipop not supported with this
Ok for those who want to deodex lollipop, try to search tutorial on other thread, lollipop is diffrent from kk thanks
try this (not tested by me) http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...eodex-t2967242
The Following User Says Thank You to AndikaTedja For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2015, 11:44 PM |#169  
Recognized Themer
Flag Lake Holiday
Thanks Meter: 906

Donate to Me
More
ok i just went through the process on my sprint samsung mega and it does look like it worked but my question is after i make the zip is the zip automatically made for my phone model or is it a universal zip so it would work on my phone. I am assuming because it was made with my apps and framework it should be for my phone model.

Update: I did flash and it did work. After I flashed I made a few small image changes in framework-res and I flashed again and I was able to see my changes. So now I think I can go ahead and create my own rom. Thank you for making this thread.
Last edited by mash4077fan; 18th April 2015 at 03:09 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread