CyanogenMod 12.1 for YU Yureka

YU Yureka recently received an official Cyanogen OS 12S update. If you prefer to use a newer revision of … more

Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[GUIDE] Return your European M8 to 100% Stock - S-OFF REQUIRED

17th April 2015, 02:48 PM |#531  
Op3a's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Braga
Thanks Meter: 37
 
349 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einwod

There are no RUUs for non US versions, only TWRP backups. You download the backup and extract it. Move the extracted folders into your TWRP folder on your SD card and flash from TWRP recovery. The stock recovery file has to be flashed AFTER you have flashed the backup. It's a simple process. Recovery image here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95897840722642936

Wow. So, correct me if I'm wrong:
- Download Nandroid backup and Unzip;
- Put the files on TWRP;
- Enter in TWRP and restore Nandroid backup;
- Flash stock recovery through fastboot;
- done.

Is this? Or I'm wrong in something?
 
 
17th April 2015, 02:51 PM |#532  
Einwod's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lardos, Rhodes, Greece.
Thanks Meter: 389
 
1,109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Op3a

Wow. So, correct me if I'm wrong:
- Download Nandroid backup and Unzip;
- Put the files on TWRP;
- Enter in TWRP and restore Nandroid backup;
- Flash stock recovery through fastboot;
- done.

Is this? Or I'm wrong in something?

That's it. Really. A quite simple process. While you are downloading the backups, go into TWRP and make a backup of your current setup. This will also be the placeholder where you should put the extracted files when your download is finished.
The Following User Says Thank You to Einwod For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2015, 02:57 PM |#533  
Op3a's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Braga
Thanks Meter: 37
 
349 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einwod

That's it. Really. A quite simple process. While you are downloading the backups, go into TWRP and make a backup of your current setup. This will also be the placeholder where you should put the extracted files when your download is finished.

Many, many thanks for your help. To conclude, I only have to S-OFF to lock the bootloader and I can sent him to warranty without problems, am I right?
17th April 2015, 02:59 PM |#534  
Einwod's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lardos, Rhodes, Greece.
Thanks Meter: 389
 
1,109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Op3a

Many, many thanks for your help. To conclude, I only have to S-OFF to lock the bootloader and I can sent him to warranty without problems, am I right?

You don't need S-OFF to relock the bootloader. fastboot oem lock
Last edited by Einwod; 17th April 2015 at 03:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Einwod For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2015, 03:06 PM |#535  
Op3a's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Braga
Thanks Meter: 37
 
349 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einwod

You don't need S-OFF to relock the bootloader. fastboot oem lock

But will appear "relocked". I had read that HTC refuses the warranty, unless the phones says "locked". Mine says "unlocked".
17th April 2015, 03:10 PM |#536  
Einwod's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lardos, Rhodes, Greece.
Thanks Meter: 389
 
1,109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Op3a

But will appear "relocked". I had read that HTC refuses the warranty, unless the phones says "locked". Mine says "unlocked".

With S-OFF you can remove the relocked flag, yes. It says so in the first post here and shows how to do it. HTC know that people unlock bootloaders, they even give you the method to do so. I can't see that a relocked bootloader will cause warranty issues, to be honest. If you want to have locked, by all means go ahead. I've just read somewhere that even if HTC make the phone S-ON again, Sunshine will work again free of charge as long as the IMEI number remains the same.
Yesterday, 10:26 AM |#537  
EddyOS's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,631
 
14,518 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einwod

There are no RUUs for non US versions, only TWRP backups. You download the backup and extract it. Move the extracted folders into your TWRP folder on your SD card and flash from TWRP recovery. The stock recovery file has to be flashed AFTER you have flashed the backup. It's a simple process. Recovery image here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95897840722642936

Wrong! I link to the EU RUU in the OP and a few European carrier RUUs are on here as well 😉
Yesterday, 05:56 PM |#538  
Einwod's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lardos, Rhodes, Greece.
Thanks Meter: 389
 
1,109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS

Wrong! I link to the EU RUU in the OP and a few European carrier RUUs are on here as well 😉

Apologies.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes