Sunday Debate: Better to Buy Older or Newer Hardware?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on New vs. Old. Come with your opinions and feel … more

HTC Sense Camera & Gallery for M8 GPE Lollipop

If you are running a GPE ROM and miss the sense gallery and camera, this flashable zip by … more

XenonHD Unofficial AOSP-based ROM for Find 7a

XDA Recognized Contributor uppon2 & Team Horizon are bringing the Oppo … more

Sunshine Compatible with HTC One M9

Two Senior Recognized Developers jcase and beaups officially released a new version of Sunshine. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

SmartBand SWR10 3rd party Apps and Hacks

17th March 2015, 06:11 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
I've got a theory...
Hi all,

I've been crawling this thread since shortly after December when I got my SWR10 for Christmas. I've been agonizing over the fact that I can't find an API to tinker around with and really enjoy the tasker hacks and other ideas I found here. It kept bugging me that handyGames was able to integrate Aces of the Luftwaffe with the SWR10 though, so I continued digging.

It recently dawned on me that their game installs an extension for the SWR10 that can be selected in the Application Configuration. That's how the band is able to launch and interface with the game. Taking that tack I went and found this:
developer<dot>sony<dot>com/reference/sony-addon-sdk/packages

It's the API for creating extensions for Sony's smart devices.

I think it may be as simple as using com.sonyericsson.extras.liveware.extension.util.re gistration.RegistrationHelper to register your custom extension with the SmartBand application. After that, there are packages for interfacing with controls, notifications, and sensors. I'm going to play around with it, but my Java is pretty weak and I have two small children.

Thought I would post it here to get shot down quick, or drum up interest from someone with serious kung fu.

-M
The Following User Says Thank You to michaelmconn For This Useful Post: [ View ]

29th March 2015, 08:18 PM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hello, does anyone know about an app that can measure running speed (average and top) and distance without using the phone? I have been doing a lot of search but canīt find any suitable.

For example: I'd like to play a football match using SWR10 without the phone, and measure my performance.

Thanks!
30th March 2015, 03:03 PM |#123  
Flag Bremen
Thanks Meter: 29

58 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaGM

Hello, does anyone know about an app that can measure running speed (average and top) and distance without using the phone? I have been doing a lot of search but canīt find any suitable.

For example: I'd like to play a football match using SWR10 without the phone, and measure my performance.

Thanks!

I think that would be impossible since the SWR10 does not contain a gps sensor.
30th March 2015, 04:03 PM |#124  

6 posts
I think swr 10 has technical capabilities, the BT sensor could send movement info to the cell phone.
31st March 2015, 12:24 PM |#125  
Flag Bremen
Thanks Meter: 29

58 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaGM

I think swr 10 has technical capabilities, the BT sensor could send movement info to the cell phone.

The device itself can only count (or maybe better "guess" ) the number of steps you make since there is only an accelerometer built in, it can't determine how far you went and therefore also can't measure your speed. For this functionality you require the gps of your mobile phone.
Best case would be to make a lucky guess, but it will be far from being precise since the length of your steps will never be the same, especially if you are switching between walking and running.
31st March 2015, 09:33 PM |#126  
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 8

58 posts
More
Hey, I have the same issue on Lollipop, following your steps to uninstall the smartband app seemed clever, so I tried to just force stop the smartband app after boot and this makes the SWR10 visible again and ready for pairing via the android bluetooth menu.

So for now after every reboot I'm forced to do the following:

Force stop the smartband app, this makes visible the band to android bluetooth.
Pair the SWR10 through the bluetooth config, this will trigger the smartband app again and the band will hide afterwards. So no need to mess with the app later on.
I then get the notification to add this new device as trusted for smart lock. This is still the last buggy part: you need to remove the SWR10 from the trusted devices and add it again.

Anyways after doing this the band will unlock fine the phone until the next reboot. Good enough for the time being, let's hope Sony fixes the issue on the next Lollipop update.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adolfovm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2015, 06:37 PM |#127  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronkdalonka

The device itself can only count (or maybe better "guess" ) the number of steps you make since there is only an accelerometer built in, it can't determine how far you went and therefore also can't measure your speed. For this functionality you require the gps of your mobile phone.
Best case would be to make a lucky guess, but it will be far from being precise since the length of your steps will never be the same, especially if you are switching between walking and running.

I was thinking about the adidas speed cell, couldn't find it's specs but maybe they are the same as swr10, and can measure performance with "some" precision.
17th April 2015, 10:46 AM |#128  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adolfovm

Hey, I have the same issue on Lollipop, following your steps to uninstall the smartband app seemed clever, so I tried to just force stop the smartband app after boot and this makes the SWR10 visible again and ready for pairing via the android bluetooth menu.

So for now after every reboot I'm forced to do the following:

Force stop the smartband app, this makes visible the band to android bluetooth.
Pair the SWR10 through the bluetooth config, this will trigger the smartband app again and the band will hide afterwards. So no need to mess with the app later on.
I then get the notification to add this new device as trusted for smart lock. This is still the last buggy part: you need to remove the SWR10 from the trusted devices and add it again.

Anyways after doing this the band will unlock fine the phone until the next reboot. Good enough for the time being, let's hope Sony fixes the issue on the next Lollipop update.

Great stuff. thanks adolfovm. I found on the z2 I also had to stop smartconnect to get this to work.
Yesterday, 06:20 AM |#129  
Flag Pondicherry
Thanks Meter: 17

11 posts
More
Trying
Quote:
Originally Posted by derLoki

I searched for it but didn't find it. Do you have a link?

Still i am searching one.. ha ha ha
Yesterday, 06:04 PM |#130  
Flag Roma
Thanks Meter: 5

4 posts
More
hi guys,

i know that my question is off topic, but could someone tell me which the effective range of the swr10 is?
Mine sometimes works with different distance from the phone.

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread