[How-To] Run T-Mobile 4.4.4(NK2) on your ATT I337 (12/8/2014)

Search This thread

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012
Hi, I'm trying to get WiFi calling to work because I'll be travelling internationally. I'm coming from the Google Play Edition ROMs with MK2/MLD base. Is it safe to flash straight to the NJ4 stuff provided in the OP?

Yes, you already are on an unexploitable BL so there is no advantage to staying on the mk2 BL.

JeepinxJosh

4cbb28a08fa5dc50d610952f1af2f713.jpg

ca57397decea37a10457802ebbf397e7.jpg

:p:p:good::good:

WHAT THE???? Is this fake?? I can't find it anywhere??

JeepinxJosh

Hey guys if I upgrade to NJ4 on my att i337 the install the sickness v3 tmobile rom and then install my att modules and kernels and modems will I be able to run the t mobile rom on my att i337 on the att network without issues?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

sapddic

Mar 29, 2015
/TWRP/BACKUPS/xxxxxx not recongnized by safestrap

Muniz - Thank you and appreciate your contributions to the community via guidance and downloads ; Followed exactly the same steps as described but /TWRP/BACKUPS/xxxxxx is not recongized by safestrap the file items with in /TWRP/BACKUPS/xxxxxx are not shown as selectable check boxes instead its empty please advise ?

My phone is an samsung galaxy s4 I337 US model , steps followed went to base NB1 --> Nj4 ota update --> NC1 kernel flash --> Towelroot + safestrap --> NJ4 kernel flash --> I am currently here when i try to restore your file contents it shows as empty.

There are numerous ROMS all kinds my basic requirement is TMO wifi-calling hence your back up ROM is my priority if i can make it work.

**You can begin the following process from any build/ROM but you must have both root and Safestrap installed before proceeding**

1. Extract the T-Mobile_4.4.4(NK2)_Stock_Rooted_Backup file from the .rar and place the file in the following folder: ext-sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/xxxxxx (the name of your backups folder may vary. If a backups folder does not exist you must first create a backup before continuing).
2. From Safestrap recovery perform an "Advanced Wipe" and wipe everything but your ext-sdcard.
3. From the main menu press "Restore" and restore the Stock_Rooted_Backup.
4. Last, from the main menu press "Reboot," reboot into "Download" mode and flash the I337_NJ4_Stock_Partitions using Odin's PDA slot(AP in Odin v3.09+). Done!

After following the above process your phone will pause on the T-Mobile splash screen for about 2 minutes before rebooting.

Notes:
1. The above process will not affect your Knox Warranty Flag.
2. When flashing the NJ4_Stock_Partitions file the most common cause of an Odin flash failure is a bad usb port or cable. Please check before reporting a failure!
3. If you do not already have root access you must first flash the I337UCUFNB1_Rootable_Full_Odin.tar using Odin's PDA slot (AP in Odin v3.09+), root using Towelroot, install Safestrap, then proceed with the above instructions.

Reactions: muniz_ri

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012
Muniz - Thank you and appreciate your contributions to the community via guidance and downloads ; Followed exactly the same steps as described but /TWRP/BACKUPS/xxxxxx is not recongized by safestrap the file items with in /TWRP/BACKUPS/xxxxxx are not shown as selectable check boxes instead its empty please advise ?

My phone is an samsung galaxy s4 I337 US model , steps followed went to base NB1 --> Nj4 ota update --> NC1 kernel flash --> Towelroot + safestrap --> NJ4 kernel flash --> I am currently here when i try to restore your file contents it shows as empty.

There are numerous ROMS all kinds my basic requirement is TMO wifi-calling hence your back up ROM is my priority if i can make it work.

My guess is that you are manually trying to create that backup folder where you should be allowing safestrap to create it for you.

In any case, I will be uploading a new ROM that will be completely self-contained. It will flash everything required to make the ROM work from any starting point.

EDIT: New ROM/Process added to the OP.

Last edited:

Haxel

Feb 22, 2010
Thanks a lot for including the recovery in the zip. It was a great help in flashing my phone to Knox. /sarcasm If you can't tell that was sarcasm, and I really recommend you take a direction at high velocity and come to an immediate stop on an immovable object.

Word of warning, you will have knox when you're done flashing this zip. I know someone will go "you sure you didn't do something else"? No, I didnt, I had TWRP with 4.4.2 on MDL bootloader. Used TWRP to flash this zip, and now have wonderful glorious Knox. A*****

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012
Thanks a lot for including the recovery in the zip. It was a great help in flashing my phone to Knox. /sarcasm If you can't tell that was sarcasm, and I really recommend you take a direction at high velocity and come to an immediate stop on an immovable object.

Word of warning, you will have knox when you're done flashing this zip. I know someone will go "you sure you didn't do something else"? No, I didnt, I had TWRP with 4.4.2 on MDL bootloader. Used TWRP to flash this zip, and now have wonderful glorious Knox. A*****

Enjoy!

Haxel

Feb 22, 2010
Someone else needs to take direction at high velocity....blah, balah, blah.

You know, it wouldn't have been so bad if you had actually included the text "includes Knox recovery" in the post (which why would you even include it to begin with is beyond me). I guess I'll just be swapping out my PCB tomorrow with another S4 and calling it a day.

A0425A

Nov 26, 2013
**You can begin the following process from any build/ROM but you must have both root and Safestrap installed before proceeding**

1. Place the T-Mobile_4.4.4(NK2)_Stock_Rooted_ROM onto your ext-sdcard.
2. From Safestrap recovery press "Backup" and backup your User Data.
3. Once complete, from the main menu press "Wipe" then "Advanced Wipe" and wipe everything but your ext-sdcard.
4. From the main menu press "Install," then select and install the I337UCUFNJ4_100%_Stock_Rooted_ROM.
5. Once complete, press "Restore" and restore your User Data.
6. From the main menu press "Reboot," then "System." Done!

After following the above process your phone will pause on the T-Mobile splash screen for about 2 minutes before rebooting.

Notes:
1. The above process will not affect your User Data or Knox Warranty Flag.
2. This process will update your modem, non-hlos, stock recovery, and bootloader to NJ4(4.4.4) which are required for the T-Mobile ROM(NK2) to run correctly on the I337.
3. If you do not already have root access you must first flash the I337UCUFNB1_Rootable_Full_Odin.tar using Odin's PDA slot (AP in Odin v3.09+), root using Towelroot, install Safestrap, then proceed with the above instructions.

Credits:
benwaffle - for his flashboot script allowing Safestrap to flash the kernel(built into the ROM).
Am I missing something here or should step 4 refer to the NK2 ROM and not NJ4?

Cuda70383

Jun 17, 2014
Hello, I'm on fnj4 4.4.4 i337 updated by the Samsung bar from bb. I've done the aws mod, towel root and su all running. Will the 4.4.4 tmo rom run with the needed bands? Been reading the pages and it seems like aws would be lost or I read wrong... Downloading the 4.4.4 tmo rom now from op. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Place the T-Mobile_4.4.4(NK2)_Stock_Rooted_ROM onto your ext-sdcard.
    2. From Safestrap recovery press "Backup" and backup your User Data.
    3. Once complete, from the main menu press "Wipe" then "Advanced Wipe" and wipe everything but your ext-sdcard.
    4. From the main menu press "Install," then select and install the I337UCUFNJ4_100%_Stock_Rooted_ROM.
    5. Once complete, press "Restore" and restore your User Data.
    6. From the main menu press "Reboot," then "System." Done!

Notes:
    1. The above process will not affect your User Data or Knox Warranty Flag.
    2. This process will update your modem, non-hlos, stock recovery, and bootloader to NJ4(4.4.4) which are required for the T-Mobile ROM(NK2) to run correctly on the I337.

Credits:
    benwaffle - for his flashboot script allowing Safestrap to flash the kernel(built into the ROM).
    **Updated** [ROM] T-Mobile_NH7_4.4.4_ROM_for_I337.zip (11/15/2014)

This ROM is now fully functional on the I337 however you must be on the NJ4 base. Uploading new version with the NJ4 modules pre-installed.
    @muniz_ri
    Another Amazing Work Bud...

ay7BXoF.png
    Will I have to update to nc1 or do you know of this works on nb1?

Haven't tested on nb1 but the nc1 and nb1 kernels are different so that may or may not cause problems.
    Will we update this threat to lolipop?? :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed:

Sure, I can do that as soon as Official 5.0 is released for the M919.