I've been lurking for quite a while and I repeatedly see questions about "how to get the JB bootloader?". Followed by the answer "Go back to stock ICS, then get the OTA.". Usually followed by the follow-up question "B-b-but... how?"
This post attempts to answer that follow-up question, for most folks, in the easiest way possible.
The Six Steps to Stock:
Step 1: Download the Stock Acer OS (rom zip)
- Go to http://www.acer.com.au/ac/en/AU/content/drivers
- Select Tablet >> Iconia A >> A510 in the product list
- On the new web portion that will appear, select the "O.S." tab, and download your appropriate build (mine is WW.GEN 1)
Step 2: Flash the OS (rom zip)
- Save the zip in your SD card
- Enter your custom recovery, and flash it
- After the successful flash, reboot your system
- CWM will ask you if you want to keep your custom recovery, say NO. Remember, you want to go back to stock. So let the zip do it's job
Step 3: Check your System Date and Time
- Once booted, make sure that your date and time (time zone included) is correct.
Step 4: Check for System Updates
- Go to Settings >> About Tablet >> System Update >> Check now
Step 5: Wait
- If a pop-up is saying that you're on the latest version, try again at a later time.
- If there's no pop-up saying you're on the latest version, wait. It's a 252MB JB rom downloading in the background.
Step 6: OTA Update
- Once the JB zip is downloaded, a pop-up will say "Install Later, More details, Install Now"
- Select Install Now
- After a few familiar windows, you will now be on the JB recovery, and the JB rom. Ready for the adventure ahead.