Do You Check for App Updates Regularly?

Do you let app updates happen automatically or do you regularly check for them? We’re … more

Find The Best Apps With Google’s Picks & Other Tricks

The Google Play Store, weighing in with more than 1.4 million apps at last … more

Dynamic Pop for Note 4 (N910T & 910W8)

With the release of the Canadian Lollipop ROM for the Note 4, T-Mobile users can also enjoy the … more

Sunday Debate: Better to Buy Older or Newer Hardware?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on New vs. Old. Come with your opinions and feel … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM][KK][Jan 18] -=- CloudyG2 2.2 -=- [All Variants]

Announcement from Cloudyfa: CloudyG2 2.2 released !!!
Yesterday, 02:13 PM |#10581  
Thanks Meter: 7

65 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robogo1982

Well, one, I don't understand how anyone can find out whether a device connected to a network is rooted or not. Two, search the forums for the download mode cosmetic 'rooted' status fix. It's as simple as copying two files. Then you can hide SuperSu from your launcher and that's it.

I am not aware of, how someone will identify the root status of an android device. But in case of any security threat because of the rooted devices connected to the network, then I may have to pay the toll. So just being very cautious and honest myself by sticking to company policies. According to my needs & usage, in fact once I uninstall the bloatwares (to improve the battery performance), I dont mind unrooting the device. Your tip helped me to successfully change the rooted status to unrooted status (by copying the rct & rct.cg files under /persist directory). Then I did full unroot in the supersu app settings, to ensure I am completely unrooted. Thanks a lot dude.

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by d00lz

Edit: Well.. for some reason my browser said that your post was the latest post in this thread. After replying to you and refreshing the page, turns out this question was from a while ago.

Questions like this shouldn't really be asked in the actual CloudyG2 thread since it's not a CloudyG2 specific question.
Maybe just create a new thread in the Q&A section next time. There's also the Ask Any Question thread

So from what I gather you're wanting to install a Custom ROM and for some reason.. lose root access?

Before you follow my steps below, consider keeping root as running a Custom ROM will definitely benefit from having Root Access, even if you don't use it! In some cases losing root will make some features redundant. Is this removing root a paranoia thing, or warranty related?

Just to let you know, even after you have unrooted your device, it will still show ROOTED in Download Mode. If you're still worried about this (for some reason), then read this thread.

1. Open SuperSU
2. Click on the Settings tab on the top right corner, and then click Full Unroot.

3. Choose "Continue" and wait for the unrooting operation to complete.
4. Reboot your device.
5. Uninstall SuperSU.
6. Confirm having no root access by using an app like Root Checker.

Thanks for the info. I already tried the approach you specified here, but still my device showed rooted status in the download mode. I already got the answer in this forum and it worked as charm..
Here's what I did:
1) Copied the rct & rct.cg files under /persist directory (this tip is shared by the user robogo1982) . T
2) Did full unroot in the supersu app settings, to ensure I am completely unrooted.

Thanks a lot.

Yesterday, 07:23 PM |#10582  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
d620r
this rom will work on d620r????
Today, 01:27 AM |#10583  
Flag Independence
Thanks Meter: 89

307 posts
More
So let me see if I'm understanding this. If I'm on stock T-Mobile lollipop with the latest bumped TWRP all I have to do is flash the kk baseband?
Today, 02:50 AM |#10584  
Thanks Meter: 80

260 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerSteve420

So let me see if I'm understanding this. If I'm on stock T-Mobile lollipop with the latest bumped TWRP all I have to do is flash the kk baseband?

Yes, flash the KK baseband as mentioned in the OP and you are good. The key is to be on JB bootloader, which would be the case if you flashed AutoRec - it downgrades your bootloader to 4.2.
Today, 05:37 PM |#10585  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 37

136 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shay_g

this rom will work on d620r????

no ofcourse check g2 mini section here is G2 only
Today, 07:03 PM |#10586  
Thanks Meter: 117

41 posts
Bt
Today, 07:14 PM |#10587  
Flag Tuzla
Thanks Meter: 11

69 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet92

Tomorrow.

can you tell me where you got the information from? can't seem to find anything.. But i'm curious about the update.. Hvala
Today, 07:25 PM |#10588  
Flag Dubrovnik
Thanks Meter: 73

115 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejunkie

can you tell me where you got the information from? can't seem to find anything.. But i'm curious about the update.. Hvala

I said that 'cause people are always asking about updates. If you go back 10 pages you'll see at least 5 times that somebody asked for update. The update will come when Cloudyfa decides so. Baking for us is probably not the only and for sure not the most important thing in his life. If you (not directly you thejunkie) want to try Lollipop and can't wait for it, you have the official .kdz and root methods for it. It's GUI is close to CloudyG2.
Sorry but people come here, download the ROM and think that developers only job is to fix bugs for us. Why can't we be happy with what they already did and let them breathe a little bit.
Sorry for OT, just sick of reading the same question day by day.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bullet92 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread