[DEV] Porting kernel 3.0 for DESIRE

Search This thread

spezi77

Recognized Developer /Inactive RC
Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
Hi everyone!

I believe that some of you have probably missed the great news about the awesome job done by Thomas!

We have a pretty stable K3 now!

Cheers! ;)

P.S.: I got it running on Kitkat, but not yet on Lollipop..

Hello nikez,

At first many thanks for your great work on the qsd8k kernel.

I have done some work on the 3.0er branch and fixed the USB reconnect problem and some other issues too.

"https://github.com/justremotephone/android_kernel_htc_qsd8k/tree/android-5.1-bravo-30"

I hope this helps for furhter work. I have invested a considerable time to solve the increased standby power consumption problem (compared with the 2 kernel). But so far without success. Could some one help with this? I would have some futher details about that....

Regards,
Thomas.

nickleby

Sep 28, 2008
Caracas
Hi everyone!

I believe that some of you have probably missed the great news about the awesome job done by Thomas!

We have a pretty stable K3 now!

Cheers! ;)

P.S.: I got it running on Kitkat, but not yet on Lollipop..
Great news! Thanks to Thomas! Can you upload a zImage or kernel img to test? I don't have my Ubuntu partition so I can't build the kernel from his repo. :good:

nickleby

Sep 28, 2008
Caracas
Ok. You could also download my new Carbon build which has it included.

Sent from my Nexus 4 :D
I've tested it (though I'm using a custom Evervolv ROM) It's definetely a huge improvement. Do you remember what else needs to be fixed in this kernel? Perhaps now that the USB issue is fixed (the big headache of K3) @LaidbackNikez could take a look to the K3 again :laugh::laugh: (just kidding, but it would be great)

Reactions: Saf98

spezi77

Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
I've tested it (though I'm using a custom Evervolv ROM) It's definetely a huge improvement. Do you remember what else needs to be fixed in this kernel? Perhaps now that the USB issue is fixed (the big headache of K3) @LaidbackNikez could take a look to the K3 again :laugh::laugh: (just kidding, but it would be great)

USB reconnect is fixed. Also the freezing is gone. Despite of the noticeably higher standby power consumption, this kernel is ready for daily usage!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: PerfectSlayer

LaidbackNikez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 17, 2011
nikez.nu

Maybe... Maybe not? :D

spezi77

Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
:eek:
Maybe yes? [emoji79]

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

@ths@justremotephone.com @spezi77

Is there flashable version of k3 kernel available to test? Or at least zImage?

Thanks!

I have a zImage for KitKat.. will upload it soon.

Edit: @jukyO here you are!

Sent from my Linux Ubuntu

Attachments

• zImage.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:

weslyr

Feb 23, 2011
Unbelievable Amazing work guys!!! I'm really happy today as I never expected to see this news (i've been waiting on k3 forever as the wifi module in k2 doesn't work well in south-america region).

I applaud all involved for their persistent work and refusal to give up. The stuff that is going on here is legendary (revival of the HTC Desire in a way HTC and Google could never even dream of!).

Last edited:
Reactions: Saf98 and jukyO

LaidbackNikez

Feb 17, 2011
nikez.nu
Unbelievable Amazing work guys!!! I'm really happy today as I never expected to see this news (i've been waiting on k3 forever as the wifi module in k2 doesn't work well in south-america region).

I applaud all involved for their persistent work and refusal to give up. The stuff that is going on here is legendary (revival of the HTC Desire in a way HTC and Google could never even dream of!).

I actually gave up, so the credit goes to Thomas and Spezi for finishing it! (Ish, kernels are never really done)

spezi77

Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
Which toolchain did you used to compile the kernel? Can you give me a link? I've made a new installation of Ubuntu in a USB flash drive and I'm trying to compile with linaro 4.7 but I'm getting some errors...

AOSP gcc 4.7
<project groups="pdk,linux,arm" name="platform/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-eabi-4.7" path="prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-eabi-4.7" remote="aosp" revision="refs/tags/android-4.4.4_r2" />

Reactions: nickleby

spezi77

Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
[/COLOR]@ths@justremotephone.com @spezi77

Is there flashable version of k3 kernel available to test? Or at least zImage?

Thanks!

Hey there,

I did a new build which has a few small improvements:
  • drivers: bring up more CPU governors
  • mach-msm: bravo: suspend fix (credits: macs18max and walter79)
  • mach-msm: bravo: power down fix (credits: macs18max)
  • msm: acpu-8x50: add 1190 MHz to scaling frequencies (credits: marc1706)
  • Enable audit to prevent error flooding in logcat (credits: walter79)

Here is a flashable version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cd3ny88ucn54gtj/Flashable_k3.0.16-test-kitkat.zip - md5 fa9e903fc482978c23481404dbde4b6f

And here is my unofficial test build of Evervolv's Kitkat rom 4.0.0p2-turba incl. this kernel version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/px55haajtoh2pmc/ev_bravo-4.0.0p2-turba-test-k3.0-UNOFFICIAL.zip - md5 701bd4c9d5e5a7d13db154d2e6363cff

Code:
Special credits:
* Evervolv
* LaidbackNikez
* marc1706
* macs18max
* noonamer
* ths@justremotephone.com
* walter79
* everyone else who was involved but does not appear in this list

Please report feedback to this thread only -- at minimum include a logcat/dmesg.

I would be very interested if the battery life has increased for you in this version. *fingers-crossed*

Thank you and have a nice day! ;)

Last edited:

mordesku

Jul 29, 2009
Toruń
Hey there,

I did a new build which has a few small improvements:
  • drivers: bring up more CPU governors
  • mach-msm: bravo: suspend fix (credits: macs18max and walter79)
  • mach-msm: bravo: power down fix (credits: macs18max)
  • msm: acpu-8x50: add 1190 MHz to scaling frequencies (credits: marc1706)
  • Enable audit to prevent error flooding in logcat (credits: walter79)

Here is a flashable version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cd3ny88ucn54gtj/Flashable_k3.0.16-test-kitkat.zip - md5 fa9e903fc482978c23481404dbde4b6f

And here is my unofficial test build of Evervolv's Kitkat rom 4.0.0p2-turba incl. this kernel version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/px55haajtoh2pmc/ev_bravo-4.0.0p2-turba-test-k3.0-UNOFFICIAL.zip - md5 701bd4c9d5e5a7d13db154d2e6363cff

Code:
Special credits:
* Evervolv
* LaidbackNikez
* marc1706
* macs18max
* noonamer
* ths@justremotephone.com
* walter79
* everyone else who was involved but does not appear in this list

Please report feedback to this thread only -- at minimum include a logcat/dmesg.

I would be very interested if the battery life has increased for you in this version. *fingers-crossed*

Thank you and have a nice day! ;)

Is there are some special instruction to flash this Evervolv? What version of recovery and hboot should be used?

EDIT:
Is this kernel will work with your kitkang 1.2?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    what done(ported folders):
    -kernel boot up and work
    -touch
    -Amoled / LCD
    -audio
    -camera
    BHVFWn-CYAADBOY.jpg

need to do:
    -pm_init (some sysfs_group_add)
    -root (some works)
    -some ext probz
    -unstable
    -etc

MY REPO:
    https://github.com/nikez/android_kernel_htc_qsd8k

BIG THANKS:
    thoemy - for his source
    shaky156 - for his big help
    Marc1706 - for his source and fixing alot of errors
    Nikez - for the fact that he is raised from the bottom and big work
    I just fixed audio ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Just bought you a beer. Hope you can convert hops and barley into kernel magic. :)

Cheers mate! Somehow... The hops and barley made this possible:

https://twitter.com/LaidbackNikez/status/422662261464104960/photo/1

TL;DR - I am at work, bad photo. K3 running ION. Need to make it stable.
    40EUR on it's way to you (89998612LM0291142).

Appreciate all the work you do on the trusty old Desire.

Cheers ;)

2XB22477GW4696227

Wow, thank you very much for your generous donations and your kind words.

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone supporting me.
    I would also like to point out that a simple "thank you" makes me smile just as much. If you can't afford to donate, don't - This is VERY important to me.
    Something is wrong, I just got this strange feeling of developing again and decided to start over on K3 again. If you want to help out, join IRC asap.