FORUMS

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

|TOOL| HTC One Toolkit [M8] - v2.0.2 | 9.10.14

Announcement from squabbi: 2.0.2.0 has been uploaded! Update is avaliable through the application!
19th March 2015, 11:33 PM |#421  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by squabbi

When you S-Off you are allowed to change more of your system than if you had S-On.

You can see it clearly when you boot into the boot loader. You can do this by turning off fast boot in settings > power. Then shutting off your phone and then hold power and volume down.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But what kind of changes?
Because with a ROOT and a custom recovery I can do basically anything I want...
What is really useful for? For example... I got a G3 and all I need is to unlock boot loader, root, flash custom recovery and then I'm free to do what I want. Now with the M8, that I'm helping a friend to unlock boot loader and all that, I see that S-ON/OFF and don't see what is it's importance. Can you give me some examples of changes that I can do with that, that it won't be able with a simple flash via custom recovery?

Thanks in advance!
 
 
20th March 2015, 03:33 AM |#422  
Captain_Throwback's Avatar
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 12,873
 
10
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgneto

But what kind of changes?
Because with a ROOT and a custom recovery I can do basically anything I want...
What is really useful for? For example... I got a G3 and all I need is to unlock boot loader, root, flash custom recovery and then I'm free to do what I want. Now with the M8, that I'm helping a friend to unlock boot loader and all that, I see that S-ON/OFF and don't see what is it's importance. Can you give me some examples of changes that I can do with that, that it won't be able with a simple flash via custom recovery?

Thanks in advance!

Firmware.
24th March 2015, 08:14 AM |#423  
StormMcCloud's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, Ga
Thanks Meter: 932
 
More
Is there anywhere I can still download firewater? It is no longer on their website.
Last edited by StormMcCloud; 24th March 2015 at 08:23 AM.
24th March 2015, 01:16 PM |#424  
Captain_Throwback's Avatar
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 12,873
 
10
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormMcCloud

Is there anywhere I can still download firewater? It is no longer on their website.

No. It won't work. You must use SunShine for S-OFF.
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2015, 10:55 AM |#425  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
@squabbi hello sir saw your post for root and retain the stock recovery, will it still work on lolipop rom? badly need root access
19th April 2015, 02:19 AM |#426  
squabbi's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,082
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imfuzzyyy

@squabbi hello sir saw your post for root and retain the stock recovery, will it still work on lolipop rom? badly need root access

yeah, it's the same process. Just flash the stock recovery for your software version. Sorry for late reply. [emoji3]
20th April 2015, 01:10 AM |#427  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by squabbi

yeah, it's the same process. Just flash the stock recovery for your software version. Sorry for late reply. [emoji3]

hello thanks for the effort in reply I've root already Mr.Hofs helped me out just fastboot boot recovery.img then flash supersu then done I'm rooted simple as that and retain my stock recovery
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes