[ROM] [OFFICIAL][4.4.x] [NIGHTLY] CyanogenMod 11 for the Optimus 4X HD (p880)

Search This thread

Aei10

Jul 22, 2012
Nope. Focus is now on CM12

Sent from my Optimus 4X HD using XDA Free mobile app

Another thing I would like to ask, has anyone of you experienced battery power loss after the phone had reached the full charge and still kept on charging?

PS I have tried two different power adapter, and the same thing happened

Aei10

Jul 22, 2012
Another thing I would like to ask, has anyone of you experienced battery power loss after the phone had reached the full charge and still kept on charging?

PS I have tried two different power adapter, and the same thing happened

Another thing I forgot to mention yesterday..as for the network connection lost when it happens the buttons on the bottom of the phone become illuminated and the phone literally burns...that's why I end up many times with battery low....is there really nothing I can do to stop or at least try to avoid this issue?

Bubino75

Jan 3, 2011
Savona
Another thing I forgot to mention yesterday..as for the network connection lost when it happens the buttons on the bottom of the phone become illuminated and the phone literally burns...that's why I end up many times with battery low....is there really nothing I can do to stop or at least try to avoid this issue?

I don't have this issues so I can't really help you, but you can install app like trickster mod and better battery stat to monitor any potential wakelock on your device

Sent from my Optimus 4X HD using XDA Free mobile app

tamer7

Jul 14, 2014
Berlin

the hardware buttons become lit or illuminated when 3G signal is lost and the phone keeps trying to reconnect, hence the heat of the CPU. Once you turn screen on, the phone typically reconnects to 3G successfully and the CPU/Battery drain stops.

So the problem in essence is the 3G connection loss, and the only way I found that fixes or at least alleviates this issue is flashing stock ROM, making sure issue no longer happens with stock (or at least less frequent), then restore CM11 or reflash CM11 from scratch.

Reactions: Aei10

Optimissimus99

Feb 21, 2014
You need to flash the german v20c Baseband(Oktober 2014). (Flash the Rom and flash TWRP again- Then you can restore your Backup).. The problem will be (in the most cases) fixed

Optimissimus99

Feb 21, 2014
For me 5.0.2 runs pretty stable, but very slow... Because of this i switched to G2/d802. But laufersteppenwolf is doing his job very good.

Marko055

Jun 2, 2014
Serbia
I agree with you, even if...I tried lollipop on 4X, and for me kitkat at the moment is better
Too many freeze for me with lollipop (5.1)

You probabbly didnt try Liquid Smoth 4.0 Lollipop wit Mourta Hybrid Kernel.. The reason why other lollipop build are slow becouse they have outdated kernel and no optimization at all... Try liquid smoth and you wont regret. ;)

Reactions: Bubino75

Jack_capvil

Nov 18, 2012
NAILLOUX (31)
You probabbly didnt try Liquid Smoth 4.0 Lollipop wit Mourta Hybrid Kernel.. The reason why other lollipop build are slow becouse they have outdated kernel and no optimization at all... Try liquid smoth and you wont regret. ;)
I am not sure to agree with this opinion: I have tested and the result is not really convincing for me. I have numerous apks and I didn't notice a better speed or smoothness and this LS was not very stable.
So opinions can differ :)

Reactions: amkirk94

tamer7

Jul 14, 2014
Berlin
If you tried the unofficial one, you would know that 5.x for the p880 isn't a good idea... Much to slow!

The thread of the unofficial CM12.1 by laufersteppenwolf is clearly marked a "WIP" (Work In Progress). Hasn't even reached "Alpha" stage yet.

I agree with you, even if...I tried lollipop on 4X, and for me kitkat at the moment is better
Too many freeze for me with lollipop (5.1)

I've been using the AOSP build 29150406 (5.1.0_r3) by MoltenMotherBoard for several days now, and have not had a single freeze, nor a single lag or even a stutter, and the battery performance is very similar or slightly better. It runs very smooth, fast, boot times is definitely better (except for first boot as optimizing apps for ART takes longer than dalvik, apparently).

So please don't make haste conclusions and give others false impressions. Lollipop looks very promising for our p880.

Bubino75

Jan 3, 2011
Savona
I've been using the AOSP build 29150406 (5.1.0_r3) by MoltenMotherBoard for several days now

I tried AOSP (same version) and euphoria, but I have freeze and lag with no solution, in some case I'm not able to answer a call.
If you are happy with lollipop I'm happy for you, but I not the only one that had isseus with lollipop on 4x.
At the moment I prefer to use kk ... NEW NIGTHLY OF CM11 was released yesterday!
Regards

Aei10

Jul 22, 2012
the hardware buttons become lit or illuminated when 3G signal is lost and the phone keeps trying to reconnect, hence the heat of the CPU. Once you turn screen on, the phone typically reconnects to 3G successfully and the CPU/Battery drain stops.

So the problem in essence is the 3G connection loss, and the only way I found that fixes or at least alleviates this issue is flashing stock ROM, making sure issue no longer happens with stock (or at least less frequent), then restore CM11 or reflash CM11 from scratch.
U got it perfectly...that's exactly the issue..In my town my network operator has not provided a good connection, so the phone each time loses connection and tries to reconnect...I hate tha fact that the hardware buttons do not switch off without me turn on the screen of the phone...Is there actually a way to solve this problem?

You need to flash the german v20c Baseband(Oktober 2014). (Flash the Rom and flash TWRP again- Then you can restore your Backup).. The problem will be (in the most cases) fixed
were you talking to me?

Instead for the battery "overcharge", has anyone experied the issue?I mean it happens to me that when I leave the phone under supply all night long in the morning I find the battery at 89%, which means that once it reaches the 100% charge , the phone loses charge...

Last edited:

amkirk94

May 4, 2013
Thessaloniki
ok this is absolutely pathetic to say the least.

You guys @Demetris and @streambinder have being trying to get a few patches to get approved and it's already been about 2 months. This is obnoxious and I'm pretty sure the blame is all on the CyanogenMod team (the one that approves patches).
I see no reason why 2 official maintainers of a device cannot reach or contact at least one of Cyanogenmod's representatives and explain to them the issue.
This is holding back the device's progress!

Dear official maintainers: I would suggest that you try to contact them and explain. If they have no intention of giving us CM12/CM12.1 then we just missed about 6 months of developing on CM11, since it is still generating nightlies!

streambinder

Jun 3, 2014
Rome
Don't think you really know how opensource world really work: just try to understand the way CyanogenMod team behaved. It has to manage hundreds devices, without making its code a mess.
Also, your official mantainers get not paid for doing what you're asking (shouting) for: @Demetris asked me to help him as he cannot do it anymore, as he previously did; and me: I already told you all I got my 4X HD definitively broken.
We did what we have been able to: we already ping CyanogenMod members. The reaction? The one you've already noticed.

Reactions: amkirk94

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod Team Proudly presents to you:

CyanogenMod-11-for-Nexus-5.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead cats,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.  
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger to us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community.
    It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.
    Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts.
    CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
    You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds?
    Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github.
    This version change each night and aren't officialy supported.
    If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s).
    Unlock bootloader
    Boot to fastboot mode > fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash CyanogenMod.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Downloads

Latest build: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=p880

Google Apps: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

Changelog

A rough changelog is available here:
    http://www.cmxlog.com/11/p880/ or http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/p880/next

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't mean Out-of-Respect!!!
    And the good news lge has granted my request! 20C source code is up!!!
    Status update:
    I didn’t work on cm11 for some days now but i did on cm12 that is almost done ;)
    We still need a framework native hack for our gpu(old blob) issue.
    I don’t see a valid reason to hold you back from an unofficial cm12/Liquidsmooth rom
    So am going to push the needed changes for others to use until we can have the official cm12 rolling again(*if*) ;)
    Enjoy and all i ask is be fair and give proper credits,Open-Source doesn't mean Out-of-Respect!
    Done
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/473a6c9ae71102db557370943eea50e2c63a8af0
    ok today i Hack 'n' Slash my way through the kernel and it seems i was able to get us back a beautiful battery life ;)
    I"ll push the changes soon :)
    Cm11@all-fixed
    See you on cm12