[RADIO] HTC One M8 Radio collection for different Models/CID's

Search This thread

Nokiacrazi

May 26, 2011
Manchester
This look like you are not updated firmware to 4.16.401.10
Please check your Os in bootloader.
Did you wipe your phone before flash Rom?

OS showing as 4.16.401.10 in bootloader, in getvar all and in software version, after updating firmware.

Phone was clean wiped before flashing 40.3. Today I was just messing around with the radio stuff, seems like when im on 4G its the problem, as soon as I force it to 3G or less, I get 4/5 bars of signal. Only on LTE that I get 1 or 2 bars. Not sure. I have a full family on the same network as me getting 5 bars of 4G/LTE...

Don't know, might try RUU and stock software in easter..

roboprint

Jan 8, 2011
Warsaw
OS showing as 4.16.401.10 in bootloader, in getvar all and in software version, after updating firmware.
Phone was clean wiped before flashing 40.3. Today I was just messing around with the radio stuff, seems like when im on 4G its the problem, as soon as I force it to 3G or less, I get 4/5 bars of signal. Only on LTE that I get 1 or 2 bars. Not sure. I have a full family on the same network as me getting 5 bars of 4G/LTE...
Back to the stock Rom is a best solution for check all issue.

Trinition

Dec 16, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
HTC One M8 Band 2 / 1900 MHz?

T-Mobile informed me that the LTE tower the S5 reached was using 1900 MHz / Band 2. The HTC One M8 reportedly does not support that.

According to iFixIt's Step #9, the M8 has a "Qualcomm WTR1625L RF transceiver and WTR1625 (modem?)". And in Step #15, "a Qualcomm QFE1550 dynamic antenna matching tuner*".

According to this document, the WTR1625(L) modem itself supports Bands 12 (700MHz) and Band 2 (1900MHz), among all of the others (though LTE bands have more specific frequency ranges, overlaps, etc.)

According to Qualcomm, the QFE15xx's antenna tuner operates over 700-2700MHz. Again, I'm sure it could be more complicated than just saying its supported range covers the band in question.

So perhaps the hardware could in fact support it, but:
  • The assembled device isn't FCC approved for it (and FCC approval ain't cheap and takes time)
  • It's supportable but just not (yet) enabled in any radios ROMs.

I had a similar experience on a recent trip that took me through rural Kentucky (Williamstown). Sitting at a drive through, I had no mobile data on my T-Mobile HTC One M8. Sitting right next to me, my wife's T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 had 4G LTE. Unbelievable!

So I used the Network Signal Info app to grab my info and hers:

HTC One M8:
40S3ZW2.png

Samsung Galaxy S5: http://i.imgur.com/dYhjQ06.png

mvmorr01

Jul 27, 2010
I'm on the latest t-mobile 5.0.1 version, and tried flashing the listed ATT radio. Didn't seem to work for me, every time something tried to use data, it would turn off the radio and say preparing SIM. Anyone have the latest ATT radio yet?

leandronb

Sep 27, 2012
Teresina
Hi guys. i converted my developer edition m8 to google play edition. can i install developer edition radio on the gpe edition? or is not possible?

paul4762

Jan 30, 2010
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8T

I'm having the same issue on AT&T did you find anything? When I go to 3G I get all my calls/MMS but I go back to LTE most calls and MMS don't come through.

christcentric

Feb 13, 2013
I'm planning to get a HTC One M8 GPE off eBay for use in Singapore. The LTE bands for Singapore are bands 3 and 7, or 1800 and 2600. Am I right to say that the M8 GPE won't support LTE speeds on the networks in Singapore, out of the box? And is it possible then to flash another set of radios to get it to work?

chortiman

Jun 12, 2013
Hello,

I have a hong kong version of m8 and needed to flash att radio to access lte in mexico. Unfortunately it did not work and now Ive lost all signal. I have S-Off and supercid in a android revolution hd rom. What can I do?

Thank you

Edit: Only the radio for my original cid works (cid HTC__622). Is there a way to "change" the asian version to any other version? thanks

Last edited:

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
I'm uncertain if this would apply to this thread... but I've noticed that somewhere along the line between 4.x and 5.x firmware's, my wifi connectivity seems to have become really slow... I'm uncertain if this is just my environment...

My phone's an AT&T M8... I'm currently running 4.16.x... with GPE 5.1 (H6)... I'm tempted to try rolling back to a Kit Kat combination to see if I can get back to a good working WIFI solution.

Apr 12, 2006
We need to find a way to activate Band 2 and Band 12 on the T-Mobile HTC One M8. It is a huge upgrade in speed from Band 4. It isn't FCC approved but that didn't stop the Nexus 4 LTE!

If the hardware is there, there must be a way to activate the radio firmware to run Band 2 and Band 12.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: SiK TL

rnrstar

Apr 7, 2010
Of course, who hasn't? Last time it was updated was February, I believe. With it being July without any updates, I figured I'd ask about anything new.

OK sorry man, didnt know u looked at it. I'm pretty sure tmo hasn't come out with an updated radio since then. Feb is right bc that's when initial lollipop came out. At this pt, any radio update prolly won't release till next official lollipop update imo (initial rollout is reported as August; not sure about usa carriers). There's a dedicated tmo m8 stock thread here and they have the same radio (via ruu) as in that pg 10 post. Can't speak for att.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

tsalta

Dec 25, 2008
London
Hello Guys i want to ask you can u please make e a flashable ZIP file via recovery with Radios from the latest 4.4 base? WWE or something else

Im in Europe and since few month when i switch to Lolipop and he latest firmware i have terrible signal drops all the time and i want to hit my phone in the wall. very very poor bad conection and so on. So im sure this is because of the radio and in order all to work properly in lolipop im with Lolipop firmware that include radio.

Since i have adb problems i can`t side load via ADB to push it and im getting even more crazy so can someone of you please make a a flashable zip with for example radio from firmware : 3.28.401.9 or even older maybe a GPE as well im using SENSE ROM but this doesnt matter.

like i say im living in Eastern Europe so a radio that is working fine in Europe shold be fine!!!

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts