FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

Alternative Gamepads

75 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By danielcbit, Member on 14th April 2014, 05:27 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
15th April 2015, 01:27 PM |#271  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibjelly

I was thinking about getting the FireTV or the PS TV since that has also come down in price. Both devices require you to buy additional controllers but I did not know you can use other controllers on the fireTV.
Did you mange to get the ps3 controller working on your firetv?

Yeah it works but you need root and the paid sixaxis app. When you pair the contoller you're gonna lose the remote control.

Also like I said above, I had about .25 to .50 sec input lag on emulators I've tried

15th April 2015, 02:35 PM |#272  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Gamestop has a controller called Red Samurai, it costs $14.97 or less and it works perfectly with anything that has bluetooth. I have been using it with the FireTV for a few months without issue.
Also Can be used in gamepad or keyboard mode. It Works with raspberry pi with a bluetooth dongle, and RetroPI in keyboard mode for all your emulation needs as well.
16th April 2015, 12:31 AM |#273  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squalll13

Yeah it works but you need root and the paid sixaxis app. When you pair the contoller you're gonna lose the remote control.

Also like I said above, I had about .25 to .50 sec input lag on emulators I've tried

Im working on something
16th April 2015, 01:58 PM |#274  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squalll13

I might have to look into this as I lost interest in the fire tv but now knowing this has re-sparked my interest. Thanks for the information.
19th April 2015, 08:18 PM |#275  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboshi

Gamestop has a controller called Red Samurai, it costs $14.97 or less and it works perfectly with anything that has bluetooth. I have been using it with the FireTV for a few months without issue.
Also Can be used in gamepad or keyboard mode. It Works with raspberry pi with a bluetooth dongle, and RetroPI in keyboard mode for all your emulation needs as well.

I buy 2 pieces wich looked likke the one from gamestop from aliexpress.
I write here how good they are.

Did anybody knows how many xbox360 controller can be connected with an usb-adapter and if the rumble is working?

I had root access.

Greetings by Idijt
19th April 2015, 10:06 PM |#276  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Does the controller works with native games on firetv ?
19th April 2015, 10:11 PM |#277  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phibo

Does the controller works with native games on firetv ?

Yes it works with native games
20th April 2015, 04:39 PM |#278  

More
I wonder if this one would work? it has full keyboard and mouse functions:

http://www.gamestop.com/android/acce...FRWUfgodN10AUQ

"Full QWERTY Keyboard & Trackball - Flip the controller over to access a full keyboard and trackball mouse to chat, navigate game menus and more "

could be nice all-in-one controller. no need for separate pieces of hardware, pad,keyboard & mouse? only $12.
20th April 2015, 07:42 PM |#279  

More
Quote:

Yes it works with native games

Will this work playing games streamed via Limelight?
20th April 2015, 08:11 PM |#280  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Real Racing 3
Anyone know which controller works with Real Racing 3. I have a ps3 controller and the Red Samurai. Can get into the game with the PS3 controller using sixaxis but can't control the steering. Any help would be much appreciated. I searched the other forums and found a profile for sixaxis but it still will not let me control the steering.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fire tv, gamepad
Previous Thread Next Thread