FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

An Inside Look at the Redesign of Business Calendar

The much-acclaimed calendar app, Business Calendar, underwent a major design … more

New Android One Device Dead On Arrival

Today, Google announced the second generation of Android One devices, with the new Lava Pixel … more

Samsung Galaxy S5 USB 3.0 Not connecting

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By wannabeapilot, Junior Member on 13th April 2014, 05:06 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
31st December 2014, 08:43 PM |#11  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2kai

thanks for the ideas, tried device manager uninstall and reboot. still no luck. I"m using the provided samsung usb 3.0 cable so no issues there. very frustrating I cant use my phone connection to it's full potential

Old thread I know but here is what seems is the answer.

It seems when first connecting the usb it always defaults to usb2, but then can goto the usb settings on the phone afterwards and switch to media usb3 mode. I have not found a way to make it default to usb3 mode.

1st January 2015, 09:47 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrcol

It seems when first connecting the usb it always defaults to usb2, but then can goto the usb settings on the phone afterwards and switch to media usb3 mode. I have not found a way to make it default to usb3 mode.

Appreciate the post but the issue wasnt actually switching into usb3 mode. That I knew how to do, it was that when I do switch the phone to USB3 mode it disappears from my file explorer and I cannot access the phone storage media unless I switch back to USB2 and then it pops up again in file explorer. I still havent found a solution and have come to the conclusion it is a hardware issue likely tied to my motherboard and have just accepted it and used it in it's limited form
5th January 2015, 05:19 PM |#13  
Flag Paramaribo
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I don't even see any option on my S5 to switch to USB3.....
Is this option device-specific?? I have the international version SM-G900H

Edit: never mind....the cable I had was a fake....
I tested my S5 with a cable from a USB 3.0 external hdd and it worked...
Last edited by dglaboi; 7th January 2015 at 04:59 PM.
26th March 2015, 04:03 PM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrcol

This is the solution, thank you.
22nd April 2015, 06:03 AM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dglaboi

I don't even see any option on my S5 to switch to USB3.....
Is this option device-specific?? I have the international version SM-G900H

Edit: never mind....the cable I had was a fake....
I tested my S5 with a cable from a USB 3.0 external hdd and it worked...

So are you saying that if the cable is faulty (or in other words, USB 3.0 is not achievable with the current connection) that the USB 3.0 option simply does not appear on the phone? That may explain why I am also only seeing MTP or PTP with a 3.0 cable and hub
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread