FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

FiredTV Launcher - Replacement Home/Launcher

17th April 2015, 05:01 AM |#271  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I'm running 1.1.5 of FiredTV. I am having an issue with some apps that playback video content. Kodi works fine, however Hulu Plus does not.

When I play a video, I get a black screen (with any logo overlays visible) with full audio.

If I force close FIreTV and launch Hulu, everything works as it should. Relaunch FiredTV and launch Hulu, I'm back to the blank screen and audio. So it appears to be something FiredTV related.

A Disneyland app also has the same problem when trying to play back video. I get the audio, but no video if FiredTV is running.

This is with the Amazon FireTV Stick.

18th April 2015, 06:17 PM |#272  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Just got my firetvs in the mail and setup my tv and one of my sticks.. I have firedtv there and when I launch it it opens up however that is it. When I hit the home button I go to the normal fire tv page and I have to go through the applications menu to open firedtv (its just as easy to go through the applications and launch the app I want).. Maybe I am missing something. My understanding was that you did not require a root and you just opened it and it worked (maybe something has to be configured with Lama??

Can someone help me out..

Thanks a lot
22nd April 2015, 08:14 AM |#273  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88wildman88

Just got my firetvs in the mail and setup my tv and one of my sticks.. I have firedtv there and when I launch it it opens up however that is it. When I hit the home button I go to the normal fire tv page and I have to go through the applications menu to open firedtv (its just as easy to go through the applications and launch the app I want).. Maybe I am missing something. My understanding was that you did not require a root and you just opened it and it worked (maybe something has to be configured with Lama??

Can someone help me out..

Thanks a lot

Ive never gotten it too work 100 % on its own i now use it with llama and viewster as the sacrificial launcher.
just make an action when viewster is run open up fired tv.
Hope that helps.

Magnoman
22nd April 2015, 08:22 AM |#274  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88wildman88

Maybe I am missing something

maybe you have forgotten to enable the home button detection (in firedtv's settings).
Also i use this and its working really good!
Chris
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
firetv, home, launcher
Previous Thread Next Thread