FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

n900w8 Baseband Unknown

29th April 2014, 02:58 AM |#1  
SeerePetrova's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Ixtapa
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Just like the title says.
I have the n900w8 variant of the note 3 which works in canada and mexico. not sure about other countries. So I installed the hyperdrive rom that is for the n900t model.
It works awesome i had to flash some fixes now when i try to flash one of the s5 ports for the n900t or n9005 which both of them are compatible I get the unknown baseband and no imei issue. I hope someone in here can help me.
i have to mention that i made a nandroid backup and after the rom is flashed I flash the back up but only restoring Modem and Efs. still same issue.
 
 
29th April 2014, 04:45 AM |#2  
dragonstalker's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Grovetown, Ga
Thanks Meter: 1,299
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerePetrova

Just like the title says.
I have the n900w8 variant of the note 3 which works in canada and mexico. not sure about other countries. So I installed the hyperdrive rom that is for the n900t model.
It works awesome i had to flash some fixes now when i try to flash one of the s5 ports for the n900t or n9005 which both of them are compatible I get the unknown baseband and no imei issue. I hope someone in here can help me.
i have to mention that i made a nandroid backup and after the rom is flashed I flash the back up but only restoring Modem and Efs. still same issue.

There's a few guys that can (or rather willing to) do bling builds. But the problem with blind builds is, you cannot test them. Not too many dev's from Canada. Sorry. As I get time, i will work with Allen on W9008 buids if there's enough people to warrant the time and effort.
29th April 2014, 02:05 PM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Flag Bakersfield, California
Thanks Meter: 3,668
 
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up re: baseband & imei
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerePetrova

Just like the title says.
I have the n900w8 variant of the note 3 which works in canada and mexico. not sure about other countries. So I installed the hyperdrive rom that is for the n900t model.
It works awesome i had to flash some fixes now when i try to flash one of the s5 ports for the n900t or n9005 which both of them are compatible I get the unknown baseband and no imei issue. I hope someone in here can help me.
i have to mention that i made a nandroid backup and after the rom is flashed I flash the back up but only restoring Modem and Efs. still same issue.

The only way you can solve the imei and baseband
issue is to Odin flash the original STOCK firmware.

After Odin flashing you can root the phone
and flash a custom recovery if you like.
You can also flash a custom rom which was
created for your specific phone's model.

Then just be careful of what you flash in
the future.

You can find the original STOCK ODIN (TAR) firmware
at http://sammobile.com

Good luck!
Last edited by Misterjunky; 29th April 2014 at 02:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterjunky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 11:48 PM |#4  
SeerePetrova's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Ixtapa
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
working now
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstalker

There's a few guys that can (or rather willing to) do bling builds. But the problem with blind builds is, you cannot test them. Not too many dev's from Canada. Sorry. As I get time, i will work with Allen on W9008 buids if there's enough people to warrant the time and effort.


Thanks i got it to work... all i did was install the compulsion kernel after the fixes... and now is working as usual...
The Following User Says Thank You to SeerePetrova For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2015, 10:02 AM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerePetrova

Thanks i got it to work... all i did was install the compulsion kernel after the fixes... and now is working as usual...

Hi there,
Mind helping me? I ended up having unknown Baseband and IMEI null during lollipop upgrade. I tried flashing back to original stock rom both kitkat and lollipop but I still got same issues. I ended up rooting the phone and currently running twrp. I'm just at lost right now on what else to do. I'm thinking of putting custom ROM but I"m not sure with one will work. I have SM-N900W8 Canadian version.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank