[ROM][P51xx][4.4.4] SlimKat

Search This thread

hmgan

Jun 8, 2013
Penang
I have problem running fullscreen on chrome and facebook app. Please advice how can i fix this. It was working before and suddenly happened. Tried uninstall and re-install app but after a day of using, the screen scale back like the attached image. :confused::(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-21-22-23-07.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-21-22-23-07.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 810
  • Screenshot_2015-04-21-22-22-43.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-21-22-22-43.png
    230.1 KB · Views: 812

velvetcake

Jun 5, 2015
Lauderhill
How would I go about adding in a custom boot sound? I've tried loading the PowerOn.ogg file in 'media' then 'audio' then I tried going to 'etc' then sounds. I'm using Root File explorer and I made sure the system is mounted as read/write...

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
That's quite unfortunate. I'm assuming that there is absolutely no other method or easy fix that can make it work? :p

No, as the CM team has removed from the kernel branch the script for the bootup sound back in the time of CM6. They didn't find it to be important enough.
That is why whatever you do, no bootup sound will be played with the SlimKat

tetakpatalked from Nexus 7 flo

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
I know lot of user are still on SlimKat, aren't you?

I am just rebuilding SlimKat:
- over 50 security fixes (thx to @golden-guy) on different parts of the rom and kernel
- added Lockscreen notification (never got merged into SlimKat)
- added option to allow accepting all files on Bluetooth (only official added for CAF devices - somehow got missing for us)
- disabled MMC_CAP_ERASE to be on safe side for 16 GB tab 2 (MAG2GA emmc known as faulty), also disables TRIM

Builds should be up later or tomorrow :) have fun guys!

mentat

Feb 9, 2007
It's been a while since I flashed SlimKat (looking forward to it)!
Can someone recommend a "minimal" GAPPS package for Android 4.4.4 (like the Slim_zero_gapps by @dankoman)?
Thanks.

mentat

Feb 9, 2007
Hi,
looking in Slim GApps Thread, I found in one of mirrors this file for KitKat Version. I didn't try it, but it seems what you're looking for.

I will definitely have a look at the Slim_mini_gapps package at SlimDL (KitKat).

I also came across a large variety of packages for both KitKat and Lollipop in http://xdaforums.com/android/software/pa-gapps-continuation-t3098071 (it looks like someone has picked up the PA mantle and created Open GApps).

Thanks.

I know lot of user are still on SlimKat, aren't you?

I am just rebuilding SlimKat:
- over 50 security fixes (thx to @golden-guy) on different parts of the rom and kernel
- added Lockscreen notification (never got merged into SlimKat)
- added option to allow accepting all files on Bluetooth (only official added for CAF devices - somehow got missing for us)
- disabled MMC_CAP_ERASE to be on safe side for 16 GB tab 2 (MAG2GA emmc known as faulty), also disables TRIM

Builds should be up later or tomorrow :) have fun guys!

Andi - I've installed your "new" Slimkat build 9.2 on one of the P5110s we have but xposed refuses to install on it. Precisely the same xposed version installs OK on build 9.1. I've now tried on another P5110 too, same problem. The warning xposed gives me is "Wrong Android version: 4.4.4 SDK19".

Shepguessed

Apr 9, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
Andi - I've installed your "new" Slimkat build 9.2 on one of the P5110s we have but xposed refuses to install on it. Precisely the same xposed version installs OK on build 9.1. I've now tried on another P5110 too, same problem. The warning xposed gives me is "Wrong Android version: 4.4.4 SDK19".
That usually means that you are trying to install the wrong version of xposed. Check which version number you are trying to install.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Top Liked Posts