FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

CM12 based on 5.0.2 (Lollipop) OTA

23rd April 2015, 10:03 PM |#3611  
Flag Stockton
Thanks Meter: 341

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer0

Yea I don't know why either...I'm using stock cable and charger at home and aftermarket 2amp in car and it doesn't charge above 500mah. These same chargers on 28a work just fine. Charge in about an.hour and a half from dead.

Obviously a software issue.

If you Google, you will see many forums with purple complaining of this even on stock OTA. So it's not an isolated thing.

Yeah, it's a thing of luck I think. My two LG G2's both charge at about 1200mA - 1400mA with the stock charger and cable on 39A. A lot of other people aren't so lucky it seems. Unfortunately, I broke one of my cables, and when I use a non-oem cable I have lying around, the phone charges at about 120mA - 320mA. Good thing I have my Nexus 7 charger, and can get it to charge at the same level as the stock LG charger and cable.

23rd April 2015, 10:14 PM |#3612  
Thanks Meter: 3,413

More
I got an aftermarket one that works as well if not better than the stock one.

I got it from the vzw store, it has an led on the tip of it, for reference.

Never had an issue with it
Yesterday, 10:20 AM |#3613  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mghii

3/04 had google play services battery drain not fixed and also any heavy usage on a 5.0 rom would start killing apps like mad for me.

Thanks for this and @crispy1 for inadvertently bringing this up by recommending the 3/4 build.

I to had been running the 3/4 build for a while without noticing battery drain, but I had location on battery saving always and manually switched if we needed navigation

After this comment I decided to give the newest build a try, so first I simply clean flashed. I know it said to do stock first, but I'm hard headed. No rotation, no GPS

Off to micromod's debloated stock (using xdabbeb's 39a boot stack both times). Rotation works and GPS lock

Now clean flash JPC's cm12 and gapps. No rotation, no GPS

Thanks to whomever said dirty flashing from micromod's stock fixed the issue for them, because it did for me too. Clean flashed micromod's stock once more, got proximity, rotation, and GPS. Then dirty flashed JPCs cm12

Lots of Google play services crash this way, because I didn't think a gapps package was needed coming from stock. Back to recovery, flashed gapps, then booted without issue

Now I'm on JPC's 39a cm12 with everything working (don't use/have Bluetooth, so can't say). Rotation and proximity sensors were deal breakers for me

Strangely the play app "GPS status and toolbox" picked up a lock and #of SATs on stock, but shows no SATs locking on cm12.

I'll try the one recommended earlier in this thread again, but I'm not too concerned because I opened Google maps, left location on device only, ignored Google's request to change that setting, and got a lock. Then to test it further, I drove to the store (was going there anyway) with airplane mode turned on, and my location (device only) still kept updating for a mile before I switched it back out of airplane.

That just tells me the other app is amiss, but GPS has always worked for me. I've been a happy, lucky G2 owner

Much happier thanks to @xdabbeb and @JackpotClavin. I surely wouldn't have used the phone this long if it weren't for the great support
Some new battery stats for me

Last edited by darker_slayer; Yesterday at 10:30 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11, cm12, kitkat, lollipop, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread