FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM][KitKat] Unofficial AOKP Kitkat for Droid Incredible

31st May 2014, 04:04 PM |#31  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,552

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockOfDynamite

Hi
I've been having trouble trying to install Google Apps.
I've tried to use the provided zip file and a kitkat version that was paired with another ROM, both of which successfully installed but the apps never showed up in the drawer. Am I missing something?

You need to install the apps from the play store. The gapps package just includes the minimal to set up a Google account and have access to the play store.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

1st June 2014, 12:43 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579

You need to install the apps from the play store. The gapps package just includes the minimal to set up a Google account and have access to the play store.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

I'm sorry I posted in the wrong thread. There are two ROMs with near-identical threads and I just got mixed up. I tried it on Unofficial CM11 for HTC Incredible by zachf714. Not using AOKP, just CM and it didn't work. Had to manually DL a google play apk file after I installed gapps and now google play works perfectly. Sorry!
Yesterday, 03:33 AM |#33  
Flag Mukalla
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Exclamation
@zachf714 @tiny4579
plz devs, i face a weird issue in mobile data, it connects and disconnects endlessly and cant use mobile data.
but mobile network works and i can make calls and receive messages . i tries 4.2.2 ROM and mobile data works ok.
i really need a kitkat rom and i tried this rom and Evervolv 4.0.0 but both have the same data mobile issue

So is this a kitkat issue or something went wrong in my mobile service?

Thanks
Yesterday, 03:38 AM |#34  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mooresville
Thanks Meter: 1,004

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldroidx

@zachf714 @tiny4579
plz devs, i face a weird issue in mobile data, it connects and disconnects endlessly and cant use mobile data.
but mobile network works and i can make calls and receive messages . i tries 4.2.2 ROM and mobile data works ok.
i really need a kitkat rom and i tried this rom and Evervolv 4.0.0 but both have the same data mobile issue

So is this a kitkat issue or something went wrong in my mobile service?

Thanks

If I remember correctly, it is known that data is broken on kitkat for everything but evervolv, another reason why I took down the downloads (I think I took down the downloads)
Yesterday, 11:59 AM |#35  
Flag Mukalla
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Thanks for the quick reply @zachf714
I downloaded this rom yesterday. It's really great and smooth but data is my need
I tried evervolv kitkat rom and it has the same issue.
Ok dev, if possible could you please tell me any 4.3 rom has data working properly? Thanks again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread