FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[TOOLS] Touchpad Toolbox (updated 2015-02-25)

21st April 2015, 08:32 AM |#661  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 285
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel1699

No, never had one. The bt to the touchpad works perfectly with my S4. Answers, calls and sms (map) all work great.

How does it work exactly? Do u use some kind of an app that's available on webOS (tablet) and Android (phone) to achieve that?
 
 
21st April 2015, 08:48 AM |#662  
rebel1699's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 1,285
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschumacher69

How does it work exactly? Do u use some kind of an app that's available on webOS (tablet) and Android (phone) to achieve that?

All you do is when linking their bt, on the tp you choose to connect as a phone. After that, you just open the dialer app in webos and dial. While connected, incomimg calls will also be routed to the tp, as well as incoming texts. Send texts from tp also.
Last edited by rebel1699; 21st April 2015 at 08:58 AM.
21st April 2015, 08:59 AM |#663  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 285
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel1699

All you do is when linking their bt, on the tp you choose to connect as a phone. After that, you just open the dialer app in webos and dial. While connected, incomimg calls will also be routed to the tp, as well as incoming texts. Send texts from to also.

Oh OK, so it's a feature in webOS. It's been a long time since i last used webOS but I do remember there was such a feature now.
22nd April 2015, 02:00 AM |#664  
nevertells2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sunny Central Florida!!!
Thanks Meter: 710
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel1699

The $64,000 answer is the bt in WebOS is far superior to its android counterpart. I like the fact that I can connect to my phone and place and answer calls directly from the touchpad, as well as receive and send texts. Also, Arch linux needs WebOS present in order to operate correctly. Space is not an issue, aside from boot. I otg to a 250Gb ext hdd when at home, so I dont store much internally. The only space restriction I have encountered is /boot.

Yeah, WebOS was a fully supported OS hardware wise. Trying to get things working in Android has always been a struggle, no support from the hardware manufacturers. We have always counted on the expertise and ingenuity of the developers. So very understandable why you keep WebOS installed. As to /boot, from what has been said in the past by folks a lot more knowledgeable, increasing /boot is not an option, so we live with what we have. You have it under control, PIA that it is.

NT
22nd April 2015, 03:28 AM |#665  
rebel1699's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 1,285
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertells2

Yeah, WebOS was a fully supported OS hardware wise. Trying to get things working in Android has always been a struggle, no support from the hardware manufacturers. We have always counted on the expertise and ingenuity of the developers. So very understandable why you keep WebOS installed. As to /boot, from what has been said in the past by folks a lot more knowledgeable, increasing /boot is not an option, so we live with what we have. You have it under control, PIA that it is.

NT

Well, not a shock to hear /boot in not size adjustable. Disappointing, but not shocking. Being a measly .5Mb (+/- a few Kb) is maddening. May as well be off by a mile, lol. But like you said, its a pain, but well within manageable.
22nd April 2015, 05:57 PM |#666  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel1699

Well, not a shock to hear /boot in not size adjustable. Disappointing, but not shocking. Being a measly .5Mb (+/- a few Kb) is maddening. May as well be off by a mile, lol. But like you said, its a pain, but well within manageable.

You sure about that? I was told you can't put TPTB in /boot with a dualboot TP because it won't fit. My WebOS TP with Android boot size is around 29MB. There's plenty of room if it's what you say as I assume you mean 50MB but I always thought it was 30MB, at least back in the CM9 CM10 days.
22nd April 2015, 10:47 PM |#667  
rebel1699's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 1,285
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchron50

You sure about that? I was told you can't put TPTB in /boot with a dualboot TP because it won't fit. My WebOS TP with Android boot size is around 29MB. There's plenty of room if it's what you say as I assume you mean 50MB but I always thought it was 30MB, at least back in the CM9 CM10 days.

I mistyped. I didnt mean to say it was .5Mb, but rather .5Mb short of what I was trying to put in it.
Yesterday, 11:09 PM |#668  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Does anyone know if there is a novacom deb package somewhere that supports systemd?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in TouchPad Development by ThreadRank