[APP](Root Req)Viper4Android Sound

Search This thread

an-_-dro

Dec 28, 2012
Los Fabulous
well..my devise stock G900H Exynos Octa..i install this as normal app (not pushed to system) and it working.
Google player, ringtone etc effected but default music player don't.

Should I edit build.prop to make it work on default music player? Anyone have experience with default music player?

Thanks a bunch in advance.. :highfive:

DJ_BARO

Sep 9, 2014
Mainz
OnePlus 7 Pro
well..my devise stock G900H Exynos Octa..i install this as normal app (not pushed to system) and it working.

Should I edit build.prop to make it work on default music player? Anyone have experience with default music player?

Hi an-_-dro!,

I would do the same procedure here as I wrote a couple of posts before: Try to set Viper4Android in "compatible" mod (you'll find it in Settings/FX Compatible Mode)

Tell me if it worked for you ;)

Regards

Reactions: an-_-dro

jawzf

How did it work for you? Im using the same phone... and when I install the driver and rebbot, and check the driver status, it says... abnormanl.. I know you need to remove Knox and set SELinuxMod to permissive.. how did you make it to work!!?

an-_-dro

Dec 28, 2012
Los Fabulous
Hi an-_-dro!,

I would do the same procedure here as I wrote a couple of posts before: Try to set Viper4Android in "compatible" mod (you'll find it in Settings/FX Compatible Mode)

Tell me if it worked for you ;)

Regards

i change to compatibility mode still not working on default player. Strange thing is after i play with default player (and after make a call too), viper seems to lose the power :laugh: i have to shut first in application manager then re-run viper again.

an-_-dro

Dec 28, 2012
Los Fabulous
How did it work for you? Im using the same phone... and when I install the driver and rebbot, and check the driver status, it says... abnormanl.. I know you need to remove Knox and set SELinuxMod to permissive.. how did you make it to work!!?

Instal as normal apk, then run viper and choose the driver etc etc, close viper - reboot, go to app manager and perform viper clean data/cache. reboot, then play 3rd party music player (but not default music player), coz in my phone that's make viper malfunction.
^^^ edit: and my knox not removed :sucks:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-25-23-56-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-25-23-56-56.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

jawzf

Instal as normal apk, then run viper and choose the driver etc etc, close viper - reboot, go to app manager and perform clean data/cache. reboot, then play 3rd party music player (but not default music player), coz in my phone that's make viper malfunction.

Clean the data and cache of the app? It works with play music? And are you on lollipop?
I followed all your steps but I don't feel any effect change...

Last edited:

an-_-dro

Dec 28, 2012
Los Fabulous
nope..completely stock KK 4.4.2 (never updated because i really like this, batery life's very good). Yes, Setting > application manager > look for Running prcess then click viper > perform clean data/cache. Worked for me.. I'm sure u already set music enhancement to viperfx right?
All effected (except default music player), currently i'm using music player V5 or Google play music.

jawzf

nope..completely stock KK 4.4.2 (never updated because i really like this, batery life's very good). Yes, Setting > application manager > look for Running prcess then click viper > perform clean data/cache. Worked for me.. I'm sure u already set music enhancement to viperfx right?
All effected (except default music player), currently i'm using music player V5 or Google play music.

Right..you're on KitKat... No wonder it works... Lollipop has no option for changing the music effect... I need to disable Knox first . change selinux mod..and then proceed!

edd89

Nov 2, 2012
Amman
well am pretty noob for the GS5, i rooted it and installed a custom rom, but i can see an option to disable Knox

edd89

Nov 2, 2012
Amman
[/COLOR]Ooops sry i meant is that i CAN'T see an option to disable Knox

Last edited:

BROKEN1981

Dec 27, 2013
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Google Pixel 6 Pro
After some time of playing with this mod, I came to the conclusion in cm12 that viper 4 android sucks with poweramp and the Google music app. Not sure why. I love poweramp.

I'm not saying that the mod sucks. Infact its awesome. I use it with the default music app built-in cm12. The music app in cm12 sucks. Can't play wma files. Only mp3. Cuts out the music when you talk to Google.

Also I did not need to select compatibility mode.

I will buy pro IRS files. This mod is just awesome. I can't get over it. Need to buy new earphone. The bass is going to kill mine lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-26-17-39-38.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-26-17-39-38.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 210

BROKEN1981

Dec 27, 2013
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Google Pixel 6 Pro
[/COLOR]Ooops sry i meant is that i CAN'T see an option to disable Knox

Don't worry about killing Knox. On stock rooted ROM I never did just to see if it had an effect. It did not.

What is your custom ROM ? Is it TouchWiz?

Any way I can persuade you to give cm12 a try? I'm actually starting to enjoy it. Only because I have more options available with modding my s5.

I miss TouchWiz. Its why my cm theme is TouchWiz. Also miss all the TW features.

As far as this Viper 4 android, its easy as cake to install on the s5 on cm12.

edd89

Nov 2, 2012
Amman
am using spacerocket now, its going smooth till date, i didn't install the Viper yet, but i got the Xmod app working which is Great! i know CM12 way better! but i like stock looking touch wiz more than basic android, also i love the touchwiz or samsungs touchwiz features thanks a lot for your help tho :D

jawzf

am using spacerocket now, its going smooth till date, i didn't install the Viper yet, but i got the Xmod app working which is Great! i know CM12 way better! but i like stock looking touch wiz more than basic android, also i love the touchwiz or samsungs touchwiz features thanks a lot for your help tho :D

WHat's the Xmod app? I've never heard of it...

Borfas

Feb 1, 2010
first please freezes soundalive with titanium backup, after install Viper4Android, work perfect with stock player and all player and sound. this work only on lollipop root. g900f
reboot after installation.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanted to post that I have installed Viper4Android and it works beautifully on my rooted S5. This app is the #1 reason I root.

This app will change the way you think about sound (seriously). Every time I demo the difference to someone by turning it on and off they immediately ask me to install it for them.

Installed using directions by @docnok63, paraphrased below for your convenience. I have only tested this app on my rooted T-mobile S5, and only with spotify (it's the only player I use). Of course you should always backup first and only you are responsible for what you do to your device.

1. Ensure you are rooted. From this point on, grant all superuser requests.

2. Download ViPER4Android FX. Get the latest version under the "Android FX" heading.

3. Extract the 4.x .apk from the zip. If you haven't already, smart-install Busybox from the play store.

4. Move the 4.x .apk to root system/app using a root-friendly file browser of your choice. Reboot to reset permissions.

5. Launch the app (from your app drawer). Grant root to let it install drivers. I've always gone with super audio quality; I suppose it's up to you. It may ask you if it can modify some files to disable power saving...just let it happen. :good: Reboot again.

6. Go straight to settings/sound/music effects (at the bottom) and toggle Viper4Android as default.

7. Open root system/build.prop using a file explorer and text editor with root access. You change three lines of code as follows. Some may already have been changed.

Code:
    Ipa.decode=true should read Ipa.decode=false
    tunnel.decode=true to tunnel.decode=false
    lpa.use-stagefright=true to lpa.use-stagefright=false

8. Save the file and reboot once more. Open the Viper4Android app and have at the sound settings; play around until you find what works for you (just make sure to check "Enable" :highfive:). You can edit the settings as you have music playing. When you get it where you want it, toggle the enable button and see how far you've come.

You can explore the main app thread here for some ideas on customization.

All credit due to @viper520, @zhuhang, and @docnok63.

All I did was paraphrase. Hope this helps someone!
    Viper4Android Stock Enforcing Kernel FIX!

I am running Xtrestolite Lollipop (no Knox), on a stock kernel on my Galaxy S5 Exynos(G900H)!

Viper4Android is working on Play Music!
    The steps I followed were,

1) Installed Viper4Android as a user app
    2) Without opening the app, I froze Sound Alive using Titanium Backup. (Adapt Sound was removed in my ROM)
    3) I installed this flashable script I found here->link through recovery. This script enables viper4android in enforcing!
    4) After Reboot, installed High Performance Driver and accessed it through Play Music's equaizer settings!
    5) Its been running well so far!

Check out my screenshots!

Hope this works!!!
    Idunno why people want this, SoundAlive works perfect for me :)

Verstuurd van mijn SM-G900F

I want it because, it's the most adjustable, best sound mod i've ever used. SoundAlive is good, but for me Viper4, beats them all. (just my opinion)

SM-G900W8 / 0x1
    Mine still doesn't work D: followed these instructions exact I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

EDIT: Does work, just doesn't work in the default Samsung galaxy music app.
    Do NOT disable LPA feature on KitKat (4.4.2)

The systemui crash I wrote about a few days ago was because I hit YES when V4A asked me if I wanted to disable Low Power Audio (LPA). DO NOT hit yes when it askes you that.Sooo...

1. Install Busybox
    2. Install V4A
    3. Install drivers
    4. DO NOT hit yes when it asks you to disable LPA (tap NO)
    5. Set V4A to Compatible Mode
    6. Set up all your V4A settings like you want them to be
    7. Reboot
    8. Go to Settings-Sound-Audio Effects and choose V4A as default
    9. Enjoy the beautiful sound (if you're using Poweramp, don't forget to enable MusicFX in its settings ; Spotify automatically does this)

PS Sometimes when you reboot your phone the effect is gone.
    FIX : Go into V4A main app and disable the service, after which enable it again (no need to reboot)
    I think moving the .apk to system/app should fix the no effect after reboot problem, but I just installed as normal app so not sure :p