FORUMS

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

I/O Summary: Google Now on Tap

Google is all about organizing the world’s information to make it universally useful, and these … more

Review of HiFimeDIY Sabre Android DAC w/lots of pics!!!

Thanks Meter: 2,396

By vectron, Senior Member on 21st May 2014, 01:23 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
10th March 2015, 06:19 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slusho

Does yours have a loose USB connection? Mine can slip out.

Unfortunately, it does. Stay tuned, I'm posting a review of Cozoy Astrapi in a few minutes

10th March 2015, 06:25 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I'm noticing a trend. You seem to not mention negatives in your review.
11th March 2015, 12:55 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slusho

I'm noticing a trend. You seem to not mention negatives in your review.

Negatives come from a comparison of one product vs the other. Read my Cozoy Astrapi review, you will see negatives about HiFimeDIY If I don't like a product, I simply don't review it. If I like a product, I will describe it in details so you can make your own judgment. And sometime I get very impressed with "positives" about the product, but rest assured - if you read my reviews carefully, I point out negatives as well. Just that my format is not like other reviewers where they make a list of positives and negatives. Plus, in my opinion, a lot of negatives come from an extended use of the product after you get to know it better lol!!! Unfortunately, I have written hundreds of reviews and it will be next to impossible to come back to every review with a follow up impressions. Thus, I'm depending on you guys to ask me questions

One more thing. I'm not working for a website or a blog where they give me to review products, and I review to decide if I like it or not. I do my own research and contact companies of products that I like and want to review. That also makes a difference on a more positive outlook of my reviews
Last edited by vectron; 11th March 2015 at 01:17 AM.
24th April 2015, 02:33 PM |#14  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 6

More
HI all

I have a hifime for android and it works great with my moto G.
I recently got a Huawei Honor 6 phone which supports OTG USB (i can plug a USB key trhough the USB port and read files like movies)
Now when i plug the hifime dac, it does'nt work. The led is green but doesn't deliver any sound...

I though the requierement was to support USB OTG only... Kind of desapointed.
Any tricks?

Thanks!
K
Last edited by kalapyu; 24th April 2015 at 03:07 PM.
26th April 2015, 12:42 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalapyu

HI all

I have a hifime for android and it works great with my moto G.
I recently got a Huawei Honor 6 phone which supports OTG USB (i can plug a USB key trhough the USB port and read files like movies)
Now when i plug the hifime dac, it does'nt work. The led is green but doesn't deliver any sound...

I though the requierement was to support USB OTG only... Kind of desapointed.
Any tricks?

Thanks!
K

Also has to do with Android version, in case if they customized it.
26th April 2015, 07:01 PM |#16  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 6

More
So what should i do? Is there any fix ? Busybox? Firmware? Kernel ? What about cm?
26th April 2015, 07:22 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalapyu

So what should i do? Is there any fix ? Busybox? Firmware? Kernel ? What about cm?

I would probably contact hifimediy to ask what they can recommend. Sorry

Also, try this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...audioplayerpro (scroll down, they have a link to a limit demo version). It has its "own" built in drivers to send audio over usb. See if this going to help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread