FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more

View Poll Results: What's your preferred debloating method for future versions of JasmineROM?

Fully loaded, for personal debloating

108 Vote(s)
18.98%
Lite debloating, to keep all useful apps

79 Vote(s)
13.88%
Moderate debloating, to keep some useful apps

88 Vote(s)
15.47%
Extreme debloating, to keep only essential apps

82 Vote(s)
14.41%
Separate packages, to customize the installation

212 Vote(s)
37.26%
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM] [LP] [5.0] [N900VVRUEOB6] [MultiSystem] JasmineROM v5.0.1 [Apr 26, 2015]

Announcement from hsbadr: JasmineROM v5.0.1 Update [Apr 26, 2015]
Today, 08:51 PM |#10241  
OP Senior Member
Flag Baltimore, MD
Thanks Meter: 10,522

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TToTT

@hsbadr,

Went to flash 5.0.1, seemed to install nicely, but on reboot "Setup Wizard" forcecloses in an endless loop. Tried wiping data from recovery, but didn't work. As soon as the bootanimation is done, it's one endless repeat of forceclosing Setup Wizard... Any help? How can I get this fixed?!?

shouldn't FC after wiping data!!! Have you made any changes to the system files?

Try to press home key to skip the wizard!

Today, 08:59 PM |#10242  
Thanks Meter: 55

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsbadr

shouldn't FC after wiping data!!! Have you made any changes to the system files?

Try to press home key to skip the wizard!

There is no skipping it... Home, back, power, whatever, nothing takes you away from it... If I've received a text or something, I can check it, but as soon as I back out of the messaging app, it's back to the forceclosing of Setup Wizard... So that's kinda like delaying the inevitable...

I've done minor freezing of apps, removal of bloat, but nothing outside of the ordinary...
Today, 09:10 PM |#10243  
OP Senior Member
Flag Baltimore, MD

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

There is no skipping it... Home, back, power, whatever, nothing takes you away from it... If I've received a text or something, I can check it, but as soon as I back out of the messaging app, it's back to the forceclosing of Setup Wizard... So that's kinda like delaying the inevitable...

I've done minor freezing of apps, removal of bloat, but nothing outside of the ordinary...

You may have freezed/removed an app required by SetupWizard! Can you access the Settings? probably from lockscreen notifications or MMS app? If so, enable USB debugging & freeze Setup Wizard via ADB:
Code:
adb shell "am force-stop com.sec.android.app.setupwizard"
adb shell "pm block com.sec.android.app.setupwizard"
and/or
Code:
adb shell "am force-stop com.google.android.setupwizard"
adb shell "pm block com.google.android.setupwizard"
Also, try to reboot without SIM card!
Today, 09:19 PM |#10244  
Thanks Meter: 55

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsbadr

You may have freezed/removed an app required by SetupWizard! Can you access the Settings? probably from lockscreen notifications or MMS app? If so, enable USB debugging & freeze Setup Wizard via ADB:

Code:
adb shell "am force-stop com.sec.android.app.setupwizard"
adb shell "pm block com.sec.android.app.setupwizard"
and/or
Code:
adb shell "am force-stop com.google.android.setupwizard"
adb shell "pm block com.google.android.setupwizard"
Also, try to reboot without SIM card!

Removing the SIM and SD card was already tried before my first post, unfortunately... Only gave me another "complaint" that the SIM card wasn't in...

I got access to the Settings, via the notification bar toggle, so I'll try disabling the Setup Wizard as you suggested, as soon as I figure out how to work ADB... Ugh.
Today, 09:22 PM |#10245  
OP Senior Member
Flag Baltimore, MD

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Removing the SIM and SD card was already tried before my first post, unfortunately... Only gave me another "complaint" that the SIM card wasn't in...

I got access to the Settings, via the notification bar toggle, so I'll try disabling the Setup Wizard as you suggested, as soon as I figure out how to work ADB... Ugh.

No need for ADB! Settings > Application Manager > All > Setup Wizard > FORCE STOP. Then freeze it too or restore the removed/freezed dependencies!
Today, 09:25 PM |#10246  
OP Senior Member
Flag Baltimore, MD

Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Repeated Warning
KEEP YOUR STOCK SYSTEM CLEAN & SAFE !
DO NOT FLASH/APPLY ANY MODs UNTIL YOU RUN A VIRTUAL ROM !
Today, 09:28 PM |#10247  
Thanks Meter: 3,166

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If all that you did was freeze then a factory data reset will resolve the issue. But I suspect you did more than that and actually deleted apps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread