FORUMS

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more

The Curious Case Of The Flash Sale

What do the horses in the Xiaomi stable, notably the Mi 3, Mi 4, Redmi 1S, Redmi 2 & Redmi Note … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[RADIO] HTC One M8 Radio collection for different Models/CID's

24th March 2015, 06:48 AM |#791  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 409

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokiacrazi

Hi

Sorry if this has been answered before, did read OP, and quite a lot of pages in between, including using search.

So my HTC One m8 was originally purchased from Three (UK) with CID number H3G__001. Some time after I S-OFFd and changed it to superCID, then ran some RUU to get to .401 software. Currently running latest Lollisense .401.10
Anyway having problem with phone signal, constantly poor (less than 2 bars). Suspect its probably helping my battery to drain quicker. Anyway question is, I probably need to flash a H3G radio, right? Can I take the latest H3G firmware, take out the radio.img and just flash it using rebootRUU?
To confirm I am S-OFF. Thanks.

This look like you are not updated firmware to 4.16.401.10
Please check your Os in bootloader.
Did you wipe your phone before flash Rom?

24th March 2015, 11:38 AM |#792  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboprint

This look like you are not updated firmware to 4.16.401.10
Please check your Os in bootloader.
Did you wipe your phone before flash Rom?

OS showing as 4.16.401.10 in bootloader, in getvar all and in software version, after updating firmware.

Phone was clean wiped before flashing 40.3. Today I was just messing around with the radio stuff, seems like when im on 4G its the problem, as soon as I force it to 3G or less, I get 4/5 bars of signal. Only on LTE that I get 1 or 2 bars. Not sure. I have a full family on the same network as me getting 5 bars of 4G/LTE...

Don't know, might try RUU and stock software in easter..
24th March 2015, 12:01 PM |#793  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 409

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokiacrazi

OS showing as 4.16.401.10 in bootloader, in getvar all and in software version, after updating firmware.
Phone was clean wiped before flashing 40.3. Today I was just messing around with the radio stuff, seems like when im on 4G its the problem, as soon as I force it to 3G or less, I get 4/5 bars of signal. Only on LTE that I get 1 or 2 bars. Not sure. I have a full family on the same network as me getting 5 bars of 4G/LTE...
Don't know, might try RUU and stock software in easter..

Back to the stock Rom is a best solution for check all issue.
24th March 2015, 05:43 PM |#794  
Flag Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Info 2 HTC One M8 Band 2 / 1900 MHz?
T-Mobile informed me that the LTE tower the S5 reached was using 1900 MHz / Band 2. The HTC One M8 reportedly does not support that.

According to iFixIt's Step #9, the M8 has a "Qualcomm WTR1625L RF transceiver and WTR1625 (modem?)". And in Step #15, "a Qualcomm QFE1550 dynamic antenna matching tuner*".

According to this document, the WTR1625(L) modem itself supports Bands 12 (700MHz) and Band 2 (1900MHz), among all of the others (though LTE bands have more specific frequency ranges, overlaps, etc.)

According to Qualcomm, the QFE15xx's antenna tuner operates over 700-2700MHz. Again, I'm sure it could be more complicated than just saying its supported range covers the band in question.

So perhaps the hardware could in fact support it, but:
  • The assembled device isn't FCC approved for it (and FCC approval ain't cheap and takes time)
  • It's supportable but just not (yet) enabled in any radios ROMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinition

I had a similar experience on a recent trip that took me through rural Kentucky (Williamstown). Sitting at a drive through, I had no mobile data on my T-Mobile HTC One M8. Sitting right next to me, my wife's T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 had 4G LTE. Unbelievable!

So I used the Network Signal Info app to grab my info and hers:

HTC One M8: HTC One M8
Samsung Galaxy S5: http://i.imgur.com/dYhjQ06.png

7th April 2015, 03:49 PM |#795  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Can anyone get their hands on the new ATT radio from today's M8 OTA?
8th April 2015, 11:08 PM |#796  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Hi, I have the HK edition of m8 on att. Am I completely out of luck on getting LTE?
20th April 2015, 04:11 PM |#797  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm on the latest t-mobile 5.0.1 version, and tried flashing the listed ATT radio. Didn't seem to work for me, every time something tried to use data, it would turn off the radio and say preparing SIM. Anyone have the latest ATT radio yet?
20th April 2015, 05:51 PM |#798  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 33

More
What is the latest ATT M8 Radio?
What is the version number and if somebody can provide the TWRP flashable zip for that radio it would be great!

Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NY_HAMMER For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 09:43 PM |#799  
Flag Teresina
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Hi guys. i converted my developer edition m8 to google play edition. can i install developer edition radio on the gpe edition? or is not possible?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htconem8, radio
Previous Thread Next Thread