By micxploed, Senior Member on 12th June 2014, 11:42 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
10th April 2015, 02:35 AM |#131  
Flag Parkersburg WV
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mke1

Update on March 31, 2015: FINALLY, I have my i527 (ATT) with 4.4.2 rooted! I spoke to a couple of the "android rooter companies online".. One eneded up having to refund the money because they could not do it. The android rooter software, sold commercially was useless (forgot the name). Finally, I found this one guy.. he said and he did root it and unlock it for only $50!
If any of you are interested, please PM me and I will give you his contact info.

And by the way, I am still in for $20 for root bounty - if comeone figures it out - even though I no longer need it, I would like to encourage a root solution for this.. Obviously, it can be done.. and also obviously, I would never ask the guy who rooted it as to how he did it.

Yeah well I am calling BULL S#!t on this post....................show us some proof

10th April 2015, 03:10 PM |#132  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by malebornin69

Yeah well I am calling BULL S#!t on this post....................show us some proof

What do I have to gain by misleading? How can I offer proof?
Two people have emailed me asking for the contact.. Maybe one of them would post here, if they get their phone done.

As you can see, I am still offering root bounty for someone here who can figure out a root, even though I don't need it anymore - just in the interest of promoting fellow members..

In the past, I had used to use another company in Skoke, IL to root my prior phones.. They rooted my Rogers canada version of mega 6.3 with 4.4.2 but said it was impossible to root the ATT version.. But this guy did it for a lot less money and I got my phone back, very quickly.. I paid for both way shipping of course.
Last edited by mke1; 10th April 2015 at 08:28 PM.
10th April 2015, 08:18 PM |#133  

More
Quote:

By the way, Mr. Doubting Thomas.. take a look at this thread.. where I am trying to make a mirror copy of my two rooted phones..
Do you really think that anyone would go through all that trouble, just to BS?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...0#post60029255

And one other xda member said that he might send his phone out for rooting and if he does, he said he would post here..

I am only trying to help others.. because I know I was very frustrated when I was told initially, that my ATT 4.4.2 could not be rooted.. Without rooting, a phone is useless to me!
Last edited by mke1; 10th April 2015 at 08:26 PM.
10th April 2015, 10:47 PM |#134  
Flag Parkersburg WV

More
Thumbs down
Quote:

By the way, Mr. Doubting Thomas.. take a look at this thread.. where I am trying to make a mirror copy of my two rooted phones..
Do you really think that anyone would go through all that trouble, just to BS?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...0#post60029255

And one other xda member said that he might send his phone out for rooting and if he does, he said he would post here..

I am only trying to help others.. because I know I was very frustrated when I was told initially, that my ATT 4.4.2 could not be rooted.. Without rooting, a phone is useless to me!

Looks to me like you are trying to promote a paid service on XDA and you are offering ZERO proof of your claim. Once again I call BULL S#!t !!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to malebornin69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2015, 07:43 PM |#135  

More
delete
Last edited by mke1; 18th April 2015 at 07:39 PM.
18th April 2015, 06:07 PM |#136  

More
My continued full and truthful disclosure.

When I got the phone back from the rooting guy, it had a program called Root Checker already installed.
I used that root checker program to check root status and it said that the phone was rooted.

As I wrote in the preceding, it was my backup phone and I had put it away in my travel kit.

In the interest of helping other forum members here, I thought I would double check it with Titanium.
So, today, i installed Titanium.. And when I signed in, with my email account, it started updating.. I don't know what all got updated.. I saw apps being updated..
but it is still at 4.4.2.. But the root no longer works. I emailed the guy with the issue and am waiting for his reply. I offered to pay him again.. just to fix it again.. in case I made a mistake during updating.

Attached are the pictures.. As you can see, it no longer has root access.. I am trying to be truthful and helpful.

Once I hear back from him and if and when he fixes it, I will post again. But at this time, my ATT phone is no longer rooted.
The preceding is about my ATT i527 of course..

My Rogers/Canada i527 has had no such problems. I rooted it myself while it was 4.2. Someone else rooted it with 4.4.2.. And I disabled software update.. and it is working just fine, with rooting..

I will post again, with progress.

It has been two days.. I sent him a reminder email, offering to pay again, to fix the root.. It is a small amount for me to pay.. but he has not replied.. maybe (hopefully) its because its weekend..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	root1.png
Views:	92
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	3269413   Click image for larger version

Name:	root2.png
Views:	92
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	3269414   Click image for larger version

Name:	root3.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	3269415  
23rd April 2015, 09:13 PM |#137  

More
Finally, I was able to reach the guy.. via text.. he said he never saw my emails.. even though I was sending to the same email address, with which I had communicated with him, in the past.
Anyway, he replied to my text, fairly quickly.. Maybe because I offered to pay him again ..
Hey.. I am desperate.. I have no use for any phone without rooting!

I reminded him that all I did was to login with gmail on download/update all my apps from my gmail..
He said he would check my phone..
Of course I removed my accounts with a factory reset..

I will post again, whether he was successful or not, at rooting it..

Btw, for those of you who thought I was promoting some paid service.. hopefully, you will notice that I am not exactly raving about this guy any more!

When I got my phone back and found it to be rooted, I was excited and wanted to help others..
When it lost root, i reported it promptly. A few people send me PM asking for the guys contact info and I told them to not go to him, until i can confirm that his rooting is actually permanent..

I did send in the phone today... with another payment.. lets see if he can actually root it permanently!!
27th April 2015, 01:00 AM |#138  
Flag Parkersburg WV

More
haaaaa
Quote:

Finally, I was able to reach the guy.. via text.. he said he never saw my emails.. even though I was sending to the same email address, with which I had communicated with him, in the past.
Anyway, he replied to my text, fairly quickly.. Maybe because I offered to pay him again ..
Hey.. I am desperate.. I have no use for any phone without rooting!

I reminded him that all I did was to login with gmail on download/update all my apps from my gmail..
He said he would check my phone..
Of course I removed my accounts with a factory reset..

I will post again, whether he was successful or not, at rooting it..

Btw, for those of you who thought I was promoting some paid service.. hopefully, you will notice that I am not exactly raving about this guy any more!

When I got my phone back and found it to be rooted, I was excited and wanted to help others..
When it lost root, i reported it promptly. A few people send me PM asking for the guys contact info and I told them to not go to him, until i can confirm that his rooting is actually permanent..

I did send in the phone today... with another payment.. lets see if he can actually root it permanently!!

BULLS#; T!!!!!! JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER THING YOU HAVE POSTED ON HERE ......his next trick will be to post photos of his rooted phone which will also be bullsh#it!!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote:

BULLS#; T!!!!!! JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER THING YOU HAVE POSTED ON HERE ......his next trick will be to post photos of his rooted phone which will also be bullsh#it!!!!!

If you what to give your money away I will Photoshop you some pretty pictures on a rooted phone also!!!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)