FORUMS

3D Printable Mobile Microscope? Nexus 7 Discontinued – XDA TV

The Nexus 7 2013 has been discontinued on the Google Store! That and … more

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

My Peculiar Journey with GPro

18th May 2014, 04:41 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore , Delhi
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoh95

I would say in my opionion, dont buy it. My g2x was a piece of crap, and i regret giving LG another chance with the e980. My battery has gone bad (making the phone useless) and all LG support told me is to send it in for repair (how do you repair a battery?!?!?) and to include a receipt (somthing i dont have) but the phone should obviously be in warrenty as the date of manufacture is less then a year ago! This shipping would also would cost almost as much as buying a new battery and take twice as long. Horrible customer support(their phone lines were down as was their live chat and the customer support was completely unhelpful besides making sure that i knew that i couldnt get any resoulution without a receipt) , this phone will likely NEVER receive any android version updates(like the G2X never received ICS) and almost no developement seals this phones fate.

Hi , too bad to know that you are facing these problems , as far as battery is concerned any service center be it samsung, htc will ask you to send for repair ,If you dont want to send for repair Just try Factory reset and if battery still sucks then you are sure its not a suftware problem but a problem with battery so buy a new One. Simple!!

And as for G2x , My optimus 2x got ICS and your G2x was American version of O2x, So i think it also got it and if not then problem is with the Carrier as Lg Updated O2x from 2.2 to 2.3 and then to 4.0 ICS.

18th May 2014, 04:57 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhjitsinghwalia

Hi , too bad to know that you are facing these problems , as far as battery is concerned any service center be it samsung, htc will ask you to send for repair ,If you dont want to send for repair Just try Factory reset and if battery still sucks then you are sure its not a suftware problem but a problem with battery so buy a new One. Simple!!

And as for G2x , My optimus 2x got ICS and your G2x was American version of O2x, So i think it also got it and if not then problem is with the Carrier as Lg Updated O2x from 2.2 to 2.3 and then to 4.0 ICS.

Yup, i see your point about the updates, i guess the American carriers dont want to update devices. And im 100% sure the battery is at fault,i already bought a new one, ill probably make a video or something when i get my new one.
Today, 10:04 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Unhappy G pro - 2g not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhjitsinghwalia

Hi So i shall begin with my Experience with My Gpro in my short journey of 5 months

Buying
So on a fine December afternoon while searching for a phone to replace my Still going strong Optimus 2x before my 23rd Birthday on 21st Dec i saw The prices of G Pro Dropping to 26k INR with the GOSF sale going on in India.Too good to ignore when it was retailing for 30-38k range ,I Ordered the white one but Soon after that i realized i wanted the black one Called the Cromaretail.in guys but those lazy asses told me sir its not possible and all the blah blah , So I vented out all my frustration on them over here at Xda, where one guy who ordered the Black one from the same website on the same day read it , and apparantly he wanted the White one and CromaGuys turned him down too after ordering. FOOLS
Anyways through XDA we both decided we will not open our phones until the weekend where he was to come to bangalore from Mysore , he came we exchanged(apparantly on my birthday) and now i had My Black Optimus G pro in my hands.

Now after 5 Days , I rooted my Phone , it went fine till a couple of Days but one Night it stopped Receiving 2g Signals , i switched to WCDMA(3g) Now that was working Fine, i tried Flashing Basebands , I tried installing Different Roms be it stock be it custom, tried basically everything but nothing worked. My experience with my 2x gave me confidence that i would never have to take my phone to a service center for a Software issue but alas my Confidence was shattered as nothing worked.

Now as usual Service center people who mostly have no Idea about Technical problems, and they used the most basic solution that when something isnt working and you dont know why just replace the whole thing , so they replaced the whole MotherBoard and Obviously 2g came back, So within first 10 days my Motherboard was replaced

After MotherBoard Replace
4 months went by and April was going on and suddenly one day again 2g Gone , 3 G working Again i had to take it to Service center, There was some other guy , He said this time they will Send the phone to Their Technical Team as if It was suppossed to mean something , After 2-3 Days i got a call that Sir Yours is the First issue in the Country in G Pro where 2g isnt working and 3G is, usually it's the other way around as if its an achievement
and After some days of Testing once again their Solution was to replace the whole PCB i.e Motherboard. So 4 months In and I now had my 3rd Motherboard.

Shattered

Now during all those 4 months i had a Hard case on my phone, but the day i got my phone back from Service center It looked So sexy that I didnt want to put that Cover back atleast on that Day Planning to Go to a Late Night Bike Trip with Friend i was shopping for First Aid Kit when THUD , my darling went face first on the Supermarket Floor. My friend, She looked at me a little freightened , but i was calm for my old pal Optimus 2x with gorilla Glass 1 had seen 10 times more bigger and brutal falls/assault for 2 years and never had a scratch on it while my Gpro had GG2 so obviously it wouldve survived this fall with No worries
I picked up the Phone rotated it to look at its front and There , ....Heart attack .... Screen Smashed Gorilla Glass 2 You are worse then GG1 , how does a company manage to make the next iteration worse than the previous one
now they are asking me for about 8K to get the screen replaced , 1/3rd of the cost of my phone :confuse d:

So this was my not so fine Journey with our G pro , but i dont know why i still cant Say bad things about Lg or this phone , I know they are not timely with thier updates, they probably gave me a defective handset, they dont create as much hype around their phones as sammy does but the fact is this phone is blazing fast, they give the same Features as a samsung with 5-10k less price and they are as reputed a brand as sammy if not in mobiles than in consumer Durables plus my 2x was a lovely phone

Yours is not the only one in India to have this peculiar problem. One fine day couple of weeks back. My G PRO also stopped picking 2G signals. Takes up 3G in a jiffy but keeps searching for 2G. But If i keep it off for few days and then put a SIM it picks up 2G for a while and then again off. You rightly said that THESE TECHNICIANS of all Mobile companies dont really know repairing. They just know chaning MOTHER BOARD. Mine is out of warranty hence cannot afford MOTHER BOARD. dont know what to do whether to use it as a WIFI TABLET or a gaming device?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
network, screen
Previous Thread Next Thread