FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Bricked Advent Vega Tegra note 7 no usb debugging

14th December 2014, 07:16 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightInDark

To be perfectly honest it's actually not a good guide, it works okay if you were already on 4.4.2 but for anyone 4.3 or lower it could make things worse and I know from experience of trying to flash kitkat onto an android phone that was previously using 4.3, it didn't work and just broke it and had to use download mode of the phone to reset it back to 4.3 and do a proper update with everything for it to work. Since your method only flashes 4.4 system boot and recovery when sometimes other partitions may get updated with 4.4 versions too.

Have flashed several directly from 4.3 to 4.4.X without issue.

26th April 2015, 11:56 PM |#42  
Flag Marcola

Donate to Me
More
Have tried to flash my tablet with this method and it says Can't start to flash serial number is invalid. Is there any way to change to the serial number within the program so it will flash via apx
Yesterday, 01:24 AM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 441

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick97477

Have tried to flash my tablet with this method and it says Can't start to flash serial number is invalid. Is there any way to change to the serial number within the program so it will flash via apx

OK there is a way of bypassing the serial check. Simply make sure that the Flash_signed.bat file ends up like mine below.

Quote:

@echo off

nvflash --blob blob.bin --bct flash_signed.bct --setbct --odmdata 0x4069E000 --odm limitedpowermode --configfile flash_signed.cfg --create --bl bootloader_signed.bin --reset normal 0
echo "Flash done"

That will bypass the whole serial code issue weather it will work is another thing good luck. remember i can't and won't be held responsible if this causes a house fire!

P.S the nvflash section that ends at --reset normal 0 is one whole line
Yesterday, 01:52 AM |#44  
Flag Marcola

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacktrix2006

OK there is a way of bypassing the serial check. Simply make sure that the Flash_signed.bat file ends up like mine below.

That will bypass the whole serial code issue weather it will work is another thing good luck. remember i can't and won't be held responsible if this causes a house fire!

P.S the nvflash section that ends at --reset normal 0 is one whole line

ok trying it now. About how long does this take for the process to complete?

Been running for about 15 minutes now

Nvflash 3.09.1700 started
Using blob 3.09.1700
chip uid from BR is: 0x600000015c4110c62400000009ff0540

That is what it is showing on cmd window but nothing else so far.
Last edited by slick97477; Yesterday at 02:36 AM.
Yesterday, 12:38 PM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 441

Donate to Me
More
Have you got the whole apx image?
Yesterday, 03:09 PM |#46  
Flag Marcola

Donate to Me
More
Honestly I don't know alot about the apx images
Yesterday, 03:18 PM |#47