FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Yellow screens - does the problem still exist?

70 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By pulsarvp, Member on 18th June 2014, 11:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd April 2015, 11:55 AM |#741  
X-3043
Thanks Meter: 4,446

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze666

The manufacturing date should appear on the back of the case that the phone comes in. It should be a bit lower and to the right of the IMEI

Right. I saw that date but somehow forgot it's even got a meaning

QC: 2244N, 9th of January 2015. And my device has a crappy vibration motor + slight yellowishness on the bottom... Looks like OnePlus didn't learn its lesson

3rd April 2015, 01:00 PM |#742  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formhault

Right. I saw that date but somehow forgot it's even got a meaning

QC: 2244N, 9th of January 2015. And my device has a crappy vibration motor + slight yellowishness on the bottom... Looks like OnePlus didn't learn its lesson

As far as I've read on multiple forums, batches manufactured in August, September, November, January included a few faulty units, whereas the ones manufactured in October, December and February were alright.

But don't take my word for it, this is simply my conclusion based on various threads from various forums.

Sent from Bacon
3rd April 2015, 01:09 PM |#743  
X-3043
Thanks Meter: 4,446

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze666

As far as I've read on multiple forums, batches manufactured in August, September, November, January included a few faulty units, whereas the ones manufactured in October, December and February were alright.

But don't take my word for it, this is simply my conclusion based on various threads from various forums.

Sent from Bacon

Meh, there's not much I can do about it anyway. The biggest issue is the vibrating motor - which can't even be changed with one from another phone (say, a Galaxy Note). OnePlus doesn't put out replacement parts neither.
3rd April 2015, 02:42 PM |#744  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formhault

Meh, there's not much I can do about it anyway. The biggest issue is the vibrating motor - which can't even be changed with one from another phone (say, a Galaxy Note). OnePlus doesn't put out replacement parts neither.

You can change the vibration patterns/intensity in some ROMs or something. From what I read before buying the phone that was what I was worried about, the motor. And it was in fact very weak @ stock. Switching to SlimKat and picking the same pattern as my Note 3 on SlimKat, it's nearly identical, maybe has a stronger vibration.
4th April 2015, 02:03 AM |#745  
Flag Waterloo
Thanks Meter: 17

More
i've had it since july, never went away
4th April 2015, 03:49 AM |#746  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
mine one wasn't that noticeable, actually i think it go away after few weeks of usage
16th April 2015, 12:40 PM |#747  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Sorry to resurrect an old thread here.

I've got a new phone and I've started experiencing the yellow splodges. I think as people have asserted, it's due to heat. Mine first appeared about a week ago. It was a very very hot day and my phone was in the sun. I unlocked it and a 'piss' coloured stain appeared at the bottom. I noticed it had got worse later and that it was now at the top of the screen, the bottom of the screen, the right hand side and faintly down the left.

It then seemed to fade when it cooled but it's never fully gone and I have sort of piss hue at the bottom and still sometimes flairs up in heat. It's a shame, because I love this phone, so I'm going to try and see if I can live with it. Perhaps over time the rest of the screen will go yellow and I can fix it using a cool saturation mod. You don't really see it apart from on white backgrounds which is fine, except a lot of websites, XDA included, use white backgrounds when reading the forums. It's more unsightly than anything, but it's annoying.
The Following User Says Thank You to skezza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skezza Ad-Free
23rd April 2015, 05:09 AM |#748  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Got my phone yesterday and the yellow tint is there. One good news is, here in India, Amazon sells it and I've already asked them to come and collect it. A full refund will be processed for the phone, the tempered glass on the phone (purchased from them). Ordering Yu Yureka today. Hope that works fine. If it was not for CM, the story would have been different now.
The Following User Says Thank You to greaet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift greaet Ad-Free
27th April 2015, 07:09 PM |#749  
Flag ED,AB
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Yesterday my screen went yellow I had CM11... I install CM12 and now it is back to normal... It si software issue not display...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)